Thread: Anyone with older students with Auditory Processing Disorder?

Default Anyone with older students with Auditory Processing Disorder?

I have known this for a while, but yesterday's doctor visit pretty much confirmed my mommy diagnosis.
    Wondering about strategies for older students, if you've heard of any, used anything particular or can just refer me to someone else.
    Thankful to be married to Damon for 19 years!!
    Mommy to Dana (17), Dylan (15), Nathan (13) and Jenna (11)

My 17yo has Auditory Processing Disorder. The best thing we ever did was have him go through the Fast ForWord Program. It can be very expensive through private therapy, but http://www.wingstosoaronline.com/str...learnersoffers it for a very reasonable price and you do it with your own home computer. Prior to that we did the Dianne Craft exercises which helped some and got him moving in the right direction, but he needed more, and the Fast ForWord was the ticket he needed to breakthrough. Last year he used the Logic of English program, which has helped tremendously as well, and we have continued on with their advanced spelling lists. I've also added in Reading Detective from Critical Thinking.

Otherwise, if you have more specific questions, that would help with offering ideas.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (2010 homeschool/Cornerstone Univ grad.), Erica (2012 homeschool/culinary/Ashland Univ grad.), Jacob (12th gr.), and Jesse (3rd gr).

Thanks Cindy! It's actually my oldest, who is 16, and most resources are for younger children in the reading areas. I appreciate your recommendations on the Endlish and Critical Thinking stuff
    Thankful to be married to Damon for 19 years!!
    Mommy to Dana (17), Dylan (15), Nathan (13) and Jenna (11)

My eldest (18) has processing issues and we have used https://www.bonnieterrylearning.com/. Cant say she loves it but it has been very helpful!
    Married to my dear husband Shawn for 17 years and mom to DD Erin-17 and DD Morgan-13.