Thread: Moved my oldest out today

Default Moved my oldest out today

She went about 15 min down the road to our local state univ. Went really well. And she's back at home already, in the basement, for our every two week Bible study for young adults.

Guess it went about as good as it could have! Thank you Jesus.

Still pretty sad.
    You have indeed been called into ministry. Be careful that you don't scorn it in persuit of something bigger or better in the world's eyes. -- Lis in Maine

, Kelly. It will get better.
    Wife to David, mom to 9, homeschooling Thomas (18), Abby (14). Grammy to 6 sweet granddaughters. Homeschooling since 1986, Rowing since 2000.

Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

I can't believe I'll be doing the same thing in a year. My dd is considering a local university, too, and she would live on campus. I think whatever happens, she's probably going to move to a dorm somewhere. Huge changes!
    "Ree-bee," Mom to United States Marine ds 21 * artist dd 18 * motion-loving ds 15 * piano-playing ds 10
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

We've been playing through all of that in our heads for next year.
    Hollie, Special Needs Forum Moderator
    Wife to my best friend Tom and mom to 18yo Eli, 16yo Kyle, and 13yo Noah (with Down syndrome)
    If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. Ignacio Estrada

It is SO hard but...it gets more...comfortable with practice. Does that make sense? For me, it didn't necessarily get easier. Rather, THOSE feelings become...more familiar. Maybe that doesn't make sense. My first Rower just graduated with her Undergrad degree and moved 17 hours...HOME. While she figures out what direction she wants to pursue (this is her first mid life crisis I think! EEKS), she's home with us. It's lovely but...it's very difficult watching her being not happy and...confused and..17 hours away from her friends. It's such a joy to watch our babies grow but it certainly isn't always easy on the heart!
    IN THE END, ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS
    Mom to 5 girls and 5 furry kids too

Hugs to you Kelly. This is a challenging step. You are a great mama.

My oldest went to college about 30 min away. One of the huge blessings of having him nearby was getting to meet so many of his friends. We hosted many dinners here and loved having that opportunity to get to know them! Hoping you will be able to do the same.
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (23) married to Emily, Rebecca (20), Joshua (16), Isaiah (14) and Daniel (12) and Eliana Joy (9) and several waiting in heaven

Thanks, Leslie-friend.

Didn't God send me another child to homeschool the next school day after Micah moved out???

We have started a young adult Bible study in our basement to accommodate the kids. Going well so far.

I guess I'd have to say it's painful but manageable. I wouldn't have ever dreamed of another child to homeschool. And sometimes I feel myself fighting against it. But what a gift, really.
    You have indeed been called into ministry. Be careful that you don't scorn it in persuit of something bigger or better in the world's eyes. -- Lis in Maine

Thankful for your gift and know you are a blessing in this process. (((Kelly)))

A Bible study sounds like a great thing. I would love to hear more about what you are studying and how you are doing this.

Sounds like you have great perspective on this new season. I know it was easier for me when they were doing well with all of the new changes.
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (23) married to Emily, Rebecca (20), Joshua (16), Isaiah (14) and Daniel (12) and Eliana Joy (9) and several waiting in heaven

So my dh and our small group leader are leading the group. We have about 14ish kids, meet every other Sat nt (their choice). We asked them what they wanted to study first and they said apologetics!!! So off we go! They have an outline. Once it's done, I think they'll surely do a book of the Bible. That's what my dh likes to teach best.