Thread: Online Comp Classes?

Default Online Comp Classes?

My son is a gifted writer and really needs to be challenged in a comp class. Any ideas for online options? I need one that offers direct feedback on his writing. He's trying to skate by too much with what I'm assigning, and he's too good at it for me to let that pass.
    Melissa, Five in a Row Staff - Community Manager
    Robert's my man. Jacob, 15, and Mattie, 11, entertain me and keep me on my knees!
    "Once your enemy, now seated at your table. Jesus, thank you!" ~ Sovereign Grace Music

Kyle is using Writeathome.com. They have coaches. He is a natural writer. Feedback is encouraging, but Kyle does get grades. Kyle had to work to get the grade he wanted. They do have some shorter term classes for high school. It looks like they have focused (shorter) classes for middle school, too.
    http://www.writeathome.com/Learn_Mor..._Schedule.aspx

Eli used IEW online. They are tough, but he is learning.
    Hollie, Special Needs Forum Moderator
    Wife to my best friend Tom and mom to 19yo Eli, 17yo Kyle, and 13yo Noah (with Down syndrome)
    If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. Ignacio Estrada

The Potter's School is one we have used. My oldest took two classes from them his junior year. It was a fantastic class and they run a tight writing ship. He had to pass a grammar test and do a literary analysis essay before being accepted into the class.

Essay Rockstar is all one on one writing mentoring.

I've heard good things about Write at Home.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).