Hi again everyone! As promised, I'm here to share this year's sign up form for the FIAR ornament exchange.
For those of you who are new to this fun "perk" of being part of the FIAR family, each year around Christmas many of us sign up to be assigned a list of names. Then, perhaps with a "little" help if needed, your kids make (or buy--your call) ornaments inspired by one of the FIAR books. Typically, if you sign up you'll receive between 8-10 names, so that it won't be a burden, but will hopefully provide a good amount of fun mail for your kids!
A few tips and "ground rules" to make this a successful process:
1. Please only sign up for the number of lists that you can reasonably manage! We don't want this to be a stressful or burdensome process, and we also don't want disappointed kids.
2. Along the same lines...if you DO sign up, please follow through--see #1 re: disappointed kids.
3. Although there is no "official" rule about homemade gifts, that does tend to be the norm. Don't worry about needing to be ultra creative or crafty, though. Simple can still be sweet, and it's the connection to the books that the kids seem to love so much!
4. Again, not essential, but you may want to keep your ornaments flat (and lightweight) if possible; it will cut down on the mailing hassle and cost.
5. The deadline for sign up is Oct. 15th. I need time to get the lists put together, test for errors, etc. so that I can get them out to you early Nov. Some folks are mailing from far away, and the hope is that all the ornaments will arrive late Nov./early Dec. so they can actually be part of this year's holiday decorations. I recommend you sign up as soon as you read this post--it should only take about 2-3 min. (or less) to complete.
Here's the sign up link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...start=openform
Here's to another fun FIAR holiday season!