Thread: 2016 Ornament Exchange sign up--it's here!

Default 2016 Ornament Exchange sign up--it's here!

Hi again everyone! As promised, I'm here to share this year's sign up form for the FIAR ornament exchange.

For those of you who are new to this fun "perk" of being part of the FIAR family, each year around Christmas many of us sign up to be assigned a list of names. Then, perhaps with a "little" help if needed, your kids make (or buy--your call) ornaments inspired by one of the FIAR books. Typically, if you sign up you'll receive between 8-10 names, so that it won't be a burden, but will hopefully provide a good amount of fun mail for your kids!

A few tips and "ground rules" to make this a successful process:

1. Please only sign up for the number of lists that you can reasonably manage! We don't want this to be a stressful or burdensome process, and we also don't want disappointed kids.
    2. Along the same lines...if you DO sign up, please follow through--see #1 re: disappointed kids.
    3. Although there is no "official" rule about homemade gifts, that does tend to be the norm. Don't worry about needing to be ultra creative or crafty, though. Simple can still be sweet, and it's the connection to the books that the kids seem to love so much!
    4. Again, not essential, but you may want to keep your ornaments flat (and lightweight) if possible; it will cut down on the mailing hassle and cost.
    5. The deadline for sign up is Oct. 15th. I need time to get the lists put together, test for errors, etc. so that I can get them out to you early Nov. Some folks are mailing from far away, and the hope is that all the ornaments will arrive late Nov./early Dec. so they can actually be part of this year's holiday decorations. I recommend you sign up as soon as you read this post--it should only take about 2-3 min. (or less) to complete.

Here's the sign up link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...start=openform

Here's to another fun FIAR holiday season!

Blessings,

Vicki P
    Mama of two lovely ladies: Carina (9 1/2) & Madelyn (8).

Thank you, Vicki. I'm sticking this to the top of the page as a reminder.
    Mom to Grace (14), Sarah (12), and Hannah (9)
    Using my college degree in ways I never imagined....

Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Just a friendly reminder...tomorrow is Oct. 1, and the deadline for signing up is Oct. 15th. We've had several responses so far, but it would be great to have more folks join us! At present, we only have enough families for probably one list.

For those of you who might be on the fence, because you think it's too much work (or that you're not creative enough)--it really doesn't have to be a big production. If you do a quick search through the forum, you can find pictures from past years' ornament exchanges, and you will see that many of the ornaments are quite modest. Please consider joining us this year--your kids will have a blast getting such fun mail, we promise!

Thank you Vicki!
    ~Julie~

Loving life with DH, Sarah (11) & Lauren (7)

Thanks for organizing this! We look forward to it every year!

Just posting here to say that this link is officially closed, and the mailing list has been sent around to all parties. Thank you everyone! Once you've made/received your ornaments, please come back to the boards and share with all of us.