Thread: If you have used Truthquest history.....

Default If you have used Truthquest history.....

How have you divided up your credits for AoR 1,2, and 3? Do you give a whole credit every year for world and American history? Do you give 1/2 credit? I've used it with several kids and have waffled back and forth about how to do it. I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. Is there any info from the author anywhere about giving credits for her books?
    Wife to David, mom to 9, homeschooling Thomas (17), Abby (14). Grammy to 6 sweet granddaughters. Homeschooling since 1986, Rowing since 2000.

I've never figured out the hours vs. credits, and since every family will have different amounts of time spent it would be difficult for the author to pin it down and tell us what to give. I'm giving Tim a full credit each for World and American History, a half credit for Government, and depending on if you put any focus on the topics, you could also do a half credit of art/music history. If I look through our public high school course book and find anything else that fits, I'll give credit for that too. This will be for using it all 4 years, and compared to any public school course, you are covering WAY more material than they would. I have no qualms about labeling every possible potential credit.
    Wendy, wife of Retired Air Force hubby Sid. Mom to school teacher Virginia, 28yo; Son-in-law Mark; Homeschool graduate and Graphic Artist John, 21 and remaining student Tim, 15.
    I can only do one thing well...You pick: Homeschool the kids, or Clean the house.

Wow, Wendy. So.much.work. So.little.credit. Ok. I have to do a transcript for Thomas and I don't want to have too many credits in any one subject, you know? So are you not doing a separate government course for 1/2 credit? Just giving credit for all they've learned in AoR? That would be fabulous if we could skip a government book!
    Wife to David, mom to 9, homeschooling Thomas (17), Abby (14). Grammy to 6 sweet granddaughters. Homeschooling since 1986, Rowing since 2000.

I'll confess that Tim does very few of the "real" books. We rely heavily on the spine books, and do about an hour a day. Over the course of 4yrs he probably is getting a bit "cheated" out of some credit, but I don't know how to label it all without his transcript looking wonky, and, truthfully, he's getting credit in other subjects that are probably a bit short on time. Many high school courses- literature comes to mind- have a lot of outside reading that is never counted toward the credit either, it's just homework. I did do a separate government course- Notgrass- but that was because I was too lazy/disorganized to have the resources at hand to cover it TQ style. If you are covering it as the various topics come up, it deserves the credit.
    Wendy, wife of Retired Air Force hubby Sid. Mom to school teacher Virginia, 28yo; Son-in-law Mark; Homeschool graduate and Graphic Artist John, 21 and remaining student Tim, 15.
    I can only do one thing well...You pick: Homeschool the kids, or Clean the house.

Thanks!