Thread: Internet Safety/Health Education

Default Internet Safety/Health Education

Does anyone have a recommendation for an age appropriate (high school) documentary about Internet Safety (social media, predators, etc.)?
    I've found a few programs for younger students but they're very juvenile.
    IN THE END, ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS
    Mom to 5 girls and 5 furry kids too
    20 Years Homeschooling and still learning

I know a friend who had the police chat with her child. There were some issues where the child wasn't using the internet in a safe manner & they were concerned for their child who thought Mom & Dad were just being "old" & "silly". So the parents spoke with the local police department & they were happy to have someone chat with the child about the real life dangers that police have to deal with EVERY DAY because of the internet. The chat from the police made a big impact for this family. It'd be nice if the police would consider some age appropriate videos, wouldn't it.
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.

This happened not far from where I used to live. Such a sad story - but I share it with my children to make them aware of the dangers. http://kaciewoody.homestead.com/Story.html

Kendra and Angie, thank you so much! It's a balancing act (for me ) to make sure that my children can protect themselves AND sharing so much information that they don't feel safe in the world. I appreciate your input.
    IN THE END, ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS
    Mom to 5 girls and 5 furry kids too
    20 Years Homeschooling and still learning