Thread: Introducing Myself~

Default Introducing Myself~

As my signature says...I'm Eva. My husband and I adopted three little girls (sibling set) from foster-care. We are a tri-lingual (ok, so my Spanish isn't great ) - tri-cultural family. My kids have a lot of emotional needs and some days I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted, but God is able!

I homeschool through a funded charter so we can still get Deaf Ed support, IEP support, Speech therapy, and special Ed services...it isn't perfect, but it works for us. I can't complain too much because they also pay for all of my FIAR books!

My eldest, Beauty is 10. She is caring and kind with some learning differences, anxiety disorder, ADHD, and some other issues we are working through...

My middle/widdle Bubbles 7) is my vivacious and energetic girl! She is Deaf with some sensory issues...Sensory Dep. Disorder.

Then there is my Baby girl 6, developmentally delayed, age adjusted to 5) that is sweet as can be when she wants to be.. She has epilepsy & Keppra rages along with muscle tics.. She is about to begin testing for other possible learning differences.

I'm so thankful for an amazing, supportive husband! We have a lot to deal with but a lot more love and joy!

That's all I can think of...thanks for having me!
    Last edited by Evadiva; 10-25-2016 at 12:26 PM.
    Eva~ child of God, wife to James, and homeschooling, ASL using, IEP advocating, encouraging Mama to my Special Lovely Blessings :Beauty 10, Bubbles 8, and Baby 6 via the miracle of adoption.

Welcome to FIAR, Eva

I'm not going to say that you have your hands full because you probably hear that a lot. Instead, I want to say how blessed your children are to have you as a mom.
    Mom to Grace (14), Sarah (12), and Hannah (10)
    Using my college degree in ways I never imagined....

Hi Eva Welcome!!!

Glad you've joined us!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Welcome Eva!
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd10, ds8 1/2, ds7 and ds5 1/2.

Thanks guys! I guess I should have explained better... Languages: English, American Sign Language, and a little Spanish. As for cultures: Hearning, Deaf (huge culture difference) , American (CA and Southern, LOL), and some Latina culture.
    Eva~ child of God, wife to James, and homeschooling, ASL using, IEP advocating, encouraging Mama to my Special Lovely Blessings :Beauty 10, Bubbles 8, and Baby 6 via the miracle of adoption.

Welcome to FIAR!
    Hollie, Special Needs Forum Moderator
    Wife to my best friend Tom and mom to 19yo Eli, 17yo Kyle, and 13yo Noah (with Down syndrome)
    If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. Ignacio Estrada

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!!