Thread: Christmas Around the World/How To Go Around the World and Make An Apple Pie

Default Christmas Around the World/How To Go Around the World and Make An Apple Pie

So we are still doing Christmas around here due to illnesses within the extended family. So keep that in mind while reading, LOL. We also received two books about Christmas around the world as gifts. So, I was thinking about using the books to combine with Apple Pie book for a more in depth unit study...I've seen a ton on Pinterest as well.

Has anyone done this? I looked in the search bar, but didn't see anything.

I'm wondering if I'm trying to do too much...newbie. I guess I just don't want to waste anything.
    Eva~ child of God, wife to James, and homeschooling, ASL using, IEP advocating, encouraging Mama to my Special Lovely Blessings :Beauty 10, Bubbles 8, and Baby 6 via the miracle of adoption.

We didn't do it with FIAR, when we did FIAR we found that less was really more & it kept us excited about learning. When my eldest was in 5th or 6th grade we did an Around The World Study which included a "Christmas Around The World" study to go with it. I won't say we went super in-depth with the Christmas portion because it was more a fun aspect of the curriculum we were using.

I could see it being fun if you could find a book to read about Christmas Traditions Around The world. You could try a few of them, but I don't think I'd tie it in with another row. I'd do one or the other.
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.

Okay, I guess I was over-shooting a bit. Thanks.
    Eva~ child of God, wife to James, and homeschooling, ASL using, IEP advocating, encouraging Mama to my Special Lovely Blessings :Beauty 10, Bubbles 8, and Baby 6 via the miracle of adoption.

Eva, I'd probably go ahead and do the Christmas study if you want to. Then later I'd row apple pie and reiterate some ideas/places. Sometimes I think it works better to revisit Ideas/places -- the kids enjoy making connections and recalling thugs they've already learned.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)