Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 is here! What are you rowing in January?

We had family in town (and we were pretty much staying at the in-laws) until late Saturday/early Sunday, so we haven't started back yet either. But I do have a plan! (Even though most of it is in my head ) I plan to row Snowflake Bentley with my crew this month, and possibly Hanna's Cold Winter if I can find it... I could say I was waiting on snow to start our studies... yeah, I'll just say that

Eva, I also cried reading Clown of God. We didn't row it again, but did read it at Christmas time. We just love that book. We enjoyed Las Posadas by Tomie dePaola as a go along as well if you can find it at your library. Just lovely.

Paige, sounds like you are going to have so much fun!

Vicki, thanks for the links - I look forward to checking them out. My kids are kinda bummed that the holidays are at an end, and we have some gray days ahead, so they'll come in handy.
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd10, dd9, ds7, dd5, dd3

I am happy to be coming back after a FIAR break. Every so often I get this crazy idea that we should all be doing the same "history cycle" which makes me think I need something different, but alas, no one in my house is happy with a history based curriculum. I started FIAR again with my youngest this week with Wee Gillis, and we are having so much fun with it! Next week or so, I should be starting BY with my middle girl. I think we will be starting with Homer Price since we have already rowed Boxcar Children.
    Shannon, loving wife to my Navy man, mommy to Noah 13, Caitlyn 8, and introducing our final...Aiden the Amazing 6, as well as Emily (10 years in heaven)