Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Default Monday DECLUTTERING

This Week's Challenge: Laundry areas- organize them, clean off your machines, get rid of extra clutter, and keep up with the laundry. Do one thing that makes this space easier to use.

School Challenge: Reading challenge- get books set, read aloud, library business (or plan for it).

Inspiring Thought: "Oh, Marilla, looking forward to things is half the pleasure of them," exclaimed Anne. "You mayn't get the things themselves; but nothing can prevent you from having the fun of looking forward to them. Mrs. Lynde says, 'Blessed are they who expect nothing for they shall not be disappointed.' But I think it would be worse to expect nothing than to be disappointed." - Anne of Green Gables

For me today:
    • morning meeting
    • school planning & update planner
    • check work
    • newsletter
    • clean chalkboard
    • get card in the mail
    • blog work
    • prepare for tomorrow's trip- we are taking J to his follow up neuro appt and E is doing a college tour on the campus while there (it's at a university hospital a couple hours away). He'll do an interview next week. But, I have to hang out during tour time with two boys, one of whom is only in this trip for the LEGO store on the way home.

It's time once again to start a new week and I bet most of us are going to be fully back in swing this week.

Let's have a great start!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (18 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

I hope to have a fairly full day of school today. We need to sit down and talk about expectations--I need to let them know what we need to get done, but I would like to see how they would prefer to do it. I'd like them to get up and get to it and have everything done by 1:00, but I am pretty sure that's not going to happen. But if they want to be able to go out and play with the neighbors in the afternoon, they're going to need to wrap certain things up by then...We'll see.

*laundry
    *work on PTE and grocery order
    *read alouds
    *school
    *hall bathroom
    *clean out fridges
    *litter box
    *Cloverbuds/4H

All I've done so far is some planning and getting breakfast in the oven, so I need to get moving soon!

Have a great day today, friends!

Laundry: I am deeply considering trying a Project 333, and this sounds like a good challenge to combine with that.

School: Reading I probably should get to the library one of these days, but it's so very cold out (that overdue book is looking more expensive by the day).

For Today:
    Floor - it's a serious mess after the kids decided to take the polyhedral dice and create a live-action RPG this weekend. There are dice, pokerchips, and general debris everywhere. Of course, they probably want to keep playing their game. I might have to just ask them to keep the dice/ chips in containers because stepping on a 4-sided die hurts almost as much as legos (and there are some of those scattered as well).
    Bake - something, anything.
    Grocery store - if I can brave the weather.
    Math
    Laundry
    Start on the 4x4 cube (it's just jumbles of piles in every cube, mainly books, but all disorganized.)
    Loving, living, and learning with Silas (11) Cedric (10) Aria (7) Titus (5)

Here’s what I actually did today:

-went to the “bean store” but they were out of beans. I did get some other cheap items.
    -went to a 100 yen store
    -went to a grocery store
    -organized my food cupboards
    -cleaned out the veggie bin in the fridge
    -put away groceries
    -looked up some school ideas for next year
    -helped dd with homework
    -helped Wesley with homework
    -dusted
    -swept
    -made my bed
    -read a couple of books to Hudson

Now I’m going to fold some laundry, have some tea, and head to bed.

Heather, I love Anne!
    Jekka, project 333 sounds interesting. I really need to clean out my closets. I’m not sure I’ll get it down to 33 items, but I seriously need to declutter and reorganize. I’ve just got to find a way to fit it into my schedule.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 17 years and Mom to Wesley 14, Adelaide 12 and Hudson 10

Good Morning Ladies,

CH1: Yes, this was on my list before I even read today's thread. Today I will focus with catching up with the actual laundry so that I can clean out the laundry room in the following days.

CH2: I know I have books due today and I will not be driving in the mess of snow and ice. I will renew them on-line.

IT: I love it!

so far:
    slept in, unintentionally, again. I really need to set my alarm. It is overcast and snow is covering up the skylights in our bedroom. Plus, dh slept in because he doesn't have to be to work until 11am due to the nasty road conditions.
    Chicken cares...I will be doing this every 3 or so hours all day today, just to make sure their water isn't frozen. I read a couple of tricks to keep the water liquid without a heater and I will try one of those methods after this snow melts/evaporates later this week.
    made breakfast....oatmeal
    started laundry
    reminded kids of chores, school work, and morning routines.

up next:
    exercise
    Table Time - I should start earlier, but it usually is hard to rally the kids with Dan home. It is not his fault, just distracting to have him home.

Goals for the day:
    school
    laundry, catch up and fold and put away
    declutter the cookbook cabinet
    make phone calls
    get pictures and b-day cards ready to send
    read
    crochet

- - - Updated - - -

HW - I hope the trip tomorrow proves fruitful for both boys and that your down-time with the younger kids goes well.

Jekka - I know I need to get rid of clothes, but I'm just not there yet. Let us know how it goes!

Lindsey -You had a busy day back in Japan! When you are buying beans are they dried or canned?

Jen - I hope your school day goes well!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

So far:
    • started promoting today's blog post- the best of 2016
    • added raisins to the granola I made yesterday and packed it up for Dan to take to work
    • made his lunch- packed up some paella for him and some mints
    • took Dan to work
    • emptied the kitchen trash and combined it with the van trash and garage trash can
    • took that new bag to the can already at the curb- so cool they haven't already come and I could get that done!
    • replaced the bag in the garage can
    • took my cell phone accessories from Christmas to the van- I've been carrying them in my purse and keep forgetting to leave them in the van. It's a quick charger, a USBc cable, and USBc adapters for our car dock. I wanted that done as part of prepping my bag for tomorrow.
    • started today's laundry- a load of grown up clothes
    • stirred the kids not awake yet

Now I need to replace the kitchen's trash can bag and keep getting kids up and moving. We are so slow in the morning. I have one morning kid and a bunch of night owls. E used to be a morning kid until Lyme.

Lindsey- Yes, about getting narrated to in the grocery store. My kids have been doing that forever. When they would all go with me still, they would all have a book that they read around the store.

Jekka- I almost think I could do the challenge. I wear some form of denim, tee, and cardigan everyday. I have so many that I can change up the combinations, but essentially my outfit is the same uniform in a variety of colors. The key is having more formal clothing on hand as well. I'm definitely a minimalist when it comes to accessories. I hardly wear jewelry anymore. I wear my wedding and engagement rings 24/7 and my smart watch daily. I don't wear earrings anymore (allergies mostly) and I adore a few necklaces. I'm wearing one of those kinds that women in third world countries make out of rolled paper. This one is short and multi colored. Super cute. I don't know that I'd want to get it down to 33, but I could get rid of a lot. Since R made me my skirt for Christmas and altered it to fit well, I'm eager to make a few more skirts that fit well. Good fitting clothes, no matter your size, make a huge difference in how you feel about what you are wearing.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (18 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good Morning!
    It's a dreary morning, so I have lots of lights on in the house right now, otherwise I'd probably be on the couch snuggled in a blanket.
    15*F but real feel is -6*F. We are suppose to shoot up to 26*F though! Yippee! I'm glad for this little warm up this week.

Jekka-- I hope you all get a reprieve from the deep freeze soon.

Angela-- Several years ago I read Lewis's Space Trilogy and loved it. That's one on my list to read again sometime.

So far it's been a slow-moving morning:
    • emails and some reading
    • working at the table with school planning and prep
    • cut up veggie bowl and filled water bottle... good habits are starting back up today!
    • ds9 is coloring

Last night's school planning was mainly finding and coming up with ideas for ds9's geography club presentation. We drew Samoa/American Samoa and there is not a lot of info out there for those places. The library had 1 travel dvd, but it was missing. We found another juvenile dvd on the U.S Territories, but no books at all other than one about a Samoan NFL player. So, needless to say, I had to take lots of online rabbit trails to find some interesting things, but I think we should be ok. We'll see how things progress once we get started putting it together. We are doing a Culture Box.

For TODAY:
    • Laundry-- I need to wash boy clothes; I got dh to throw out 3 pairs of old, holey jeans that have been taking up space in one sorting tote for way too long
    • Reading-- I've pulled some new morning basket items to start the week!
    • Morning basket
    • work on geography items for our culture box and presentation
    • update bill calendar
    • school planning and prep for rest of week
    • what's for supper?... not a clue right now

Time to get to our morning reading.
    Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (2010 homeschool/Cornerstone Univ grad.), Erica (2012 homeschool/culinary/Ashland Univ grad.), Jacob (12th gr.), and Jesse (3rd gr).

Good morning!

Today is our first day back to school! Unbelievably, though, the public schools have yet ANOTHER snow day! Their first day back was last Tuesday, and they haven't been back since! I don't understand why today is a snow day - we had a thaw yesterday. Hasn't been below freezing since yesterday around noon. Could be because of slippery roads. While there has been a lot of melting snow, you can't really tell because there is so much snow to melt! I think we might be getting freezing rain/sleet today. Fun.

For today:
    • Bible
    • School
    • Library run?
    • Laundry
    • Put away Christmas decoration boxes
    • Text person in charge of co-op
    • Load/run/empty dishwasher
    • Order math!
    • Tidy downstairs
    • Scrape/shovel off some ice/snow from driveway if possible

Jekka - the project 333 looks interesting. I don't think I'd want to do that much, but it would be good to get rid of a few items, especially items I don't really like anymore. Why do I keep hanging onto those??

Heather - hope the college and dr. visits go well

Jen - I always want my dc to be done with school about then too - often doesn't happen here either. Hope it goes well today!

Lindsey - glad you had a good whirlwind trip to the missions conference

Angela - hope your chickens are doing well in the colder weather

Cindy - I should get back to better eating habits - I might cut up some veggies also - thanks for the encouragement!

Have a great day, everyone!

Cindy: Projects like that make me so grateful for on-line resources. Libraries are so limited when you are in such a sub-category like Samoa culture.

Angela: I don't think I could bring myself to do an alarm clock. They are so disturbing in the morning.

Lindsey: The bean store being out of beans made me laugh

Joelle: I loved the snow days in school when the weather man was wrong and they were perfectly lovely (then we got the snow the next day and canceled again). On clothes, I had so many laying around. I decided that if I ever lose weight, I'd rather reward myself with new clothes than go through my bins hoping my old ones will still look good. So I got rid of a lot (well, most is in storage and will be gotten rid of once I find them).
    Last edited by Jekka Renee; 01-09-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    Loving, living, and learning with Silas (11) Cedric (10) Aria (7) Titus (5)

Moving along....
    *kids are eating
    *cleaned out the fridges
    *pulled a kit for science--it's a weather one and we will have about every kind of weather this week, so hopefully it will be good!

Hmmm....I thought I did more than that.