It's a dreary morning, so I have lots of lights on in the house right now, otherwise I'd probably be on the couch snuggled in a blanket.
15*F but real feel is -6*F. We are suppose to shoot up to 26*F though! Yippee! I'm glad for this little warm up this week.
Jekka-- I hope you all get a reprieve from the deep freeze soon.
Angela-- Several years ago I read Lewis's Space Trilogy and loved it. That's one on my list to read again sometime.
So far it's been a slow-moving morning:
- emails and some reading
- working at the table with school planning and prep
- cut up veggie bowl and filled water bottle... good habits are starting back up today!
- ds9 is coloring
Last night's school planning was mainly finding and coming up with ideas for ds9's geography club presentation. We drew Samoa/American Samoa and there is not a lot of info out there for those places. The library had 1 travel dvd, but it was missing. We found another juvenile dvd on the U.S Territories, but no books at all other than one about a Samoan NFL player. So, needless to say, I had to take lots of online rabbit trails to find some interesting things, but I think we should be ok. We'll see how things progress once we get started putting it together. We are doing a Culture Box.
- Laundry-- I need to wash boy clothes; I got dh to throw out 3 pairs of old, holey jeans that have been taking up space in one sorting tote for way too long
- Reading-- I've pulled some new morning basket items to start the week!
- Morning basket
- work on geography items for our culture box and presentation
- update bill calendar
- school planning and prep for rest of week
- what's for supper?... not a clue right now
Time to get to our morning reading.
Have a great day!
Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (2010 homeschool/Cornerstone Univ grad.), Erica (2012 homeschool/culinary/Ashland Univ grad.), Jacob (12th gr.), and Jesse (3rd gr).