Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Laundry areas- organize them, clean off your machines, get rid of extra clutter, and keep up with the laundry. Do one thing that makes this space easier to use.

School Challenge: School desk, cubbies, computer desks, etc- declutter them

Inspiring Thought: Better to make the best of a bad situation than to make the worst of a good situation. - Agatha Swanburne

For me today:
    • morning meeting
    • school planning
    • update planner
    • get my mouse working again
    • tidy the kitchen
    • tidy first floor
    • laundry
    • newsletter
    • Amazon order
    • blog work

The sun is out brilliantly and the ice is melting. I'm enjoying the sun while it lasts!

This list is a start. We'll see what happens today. Yesterday was a frustrating day for the younger boys some of whom ended the day well and another did not. I made the lego order this morning, so all is well there. Just some wait time.

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (18 ds, 16 dd, 14 ds, 11 ds).

Good Morning Ladies

CH1: I am not having a problem washing and drying the laundry. But, I really struggle with getting it folded and put away each day. I have a pile, on the couch. So today, I will wash one load and then focus on getting the other stuff folded and put away.

CH2: Computer desk today.

I had a restless night with lots of weird dreams. Got out of bed at 6:30

so far:
    Bible reading for me
    Breakfast - cereal for the crew
    exercise - 20 min. step aerobics plus some stretching

up next:
    start laundry
    Table Time
    Supervise individual school work
    Lunch
    possible Wal-mart, Library, and grocery store run
    I have a bunch of people to message today re: community group, Family Camp, Dan's 40th, Logan's birthday, a playdate etc.

Have a great day ladies!

- - - Updated - - -

Weather here today: It stayed above freezing last night and the temperature is on the rise. It will be a muddy day of melting so I will probably keep the kids inside today. Our yard will likely be a mud pit.
    The chickens are out and about and trying to stick to the patches of ground peeking through the snow. Funny birds.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning!

I know it's not funny, but all the Lego drama in our homes is really making me chuckle this morning!

I am not even ready to post a list - I've been catching up on e-mail, and making breakfast this morning. But I'll try anyway:

• make a menu and grocery list (that all actually takes me far too long)
    • school with kids - I want to do something for art today, but I don't have the supplies for faux wood cutting... I need a backup
    • um...that's all I got so far! But my kitchen looks pretty good, and the laundry room is much better, so I feel all right for now

- - - Updated - - -

Angela, sorry about the mud pit weather. That always stinks.
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd10, dd9, ds7, dd5, dd3

Good morning!

We're in the wait time for Legos, and it's not pretty. Seriously, though, he placed his order January 1. As of this morning, it was listed that they tried to deliver it at 8:01 (not true) and no one was there. Now it says it's at the facility online, but when I call, it says it will be delivered today. So we'll see. I really don't want to have to drive to the FedEx place to get it, but I'd just like to be done with it, too. Ugh.

So far I've...
    *ironed a pair of pants for dh
    *moved laundry to the dryer
    *made muffins
    *messed with FedEx tracking

The rest of the day...
    *school
    *read alouds
    *Dave & Busters
    *JoAnn
    *grocery pick up
    *dd to gymnastics
    *dd to church
    *Walmart--a few odds and ends I can't order

And I need to figure out what I'm feeding people tonight...I had meant to order and pick up groceries yesterday, so that wouldn't have been an issue, but now I'm picking them up, running dd to gymnastics, running groceries home, picking up dd, feeding people something/somewhere, and then taking dd back to church. It's nights like this that I really appreciate living in town!

Have a great day today, friends!

Here is a look at my day:

-math with Hudson
    -phonics/spelling with Hudson
    -unit study with Hudson
    -grammar with Hudson
    -put away clean clothes
    -dusted the living room
    -swept the living, kitchen and dining areas
    -dishes
    -made my bed
    -tidied up my bedroom
    -made fish, rice, salad and orange muffins for dinner
    -helped dd with homework
    -helped Wesley with homework
    -started thinking about, researching, planning next year. I’m thinking of doing some kind of an around the world study. We’ll learn about selected countries from every continent. Anyone know of any good resources?

Mindy, I try to find videos that fit in with our unit studies. Right now we are in World War Two. So we watch major films like Casa Blanca, Tora Tora Tora, etc. Then we also have watched documentaries like the one we watched today called the Battle of Britain. We are also learning about the periodic table and watching a daily video on the different elements from the periodic table of videos. In general I like America The Story Of Us, Liberty Kids, some American Experience videos, Some National Geographic videos, Magic School Bus, Some Jeff Corwin videos, some Rick Steves travel videos, this Day in History, and Popular Mechanics for Kids. I’ve been known to turn on an educational video like this while cleaning house. I don’t tell my kids to watch it, but they sometimes end up watching it and learn something in the process.

Michelle,
    How about these gift ideas:
    -make a rice sock
    -mini hand sanitizer and mini lotion (I always like to keep some in my purse in the winter)
    -hot cocoa mix
    -hot apple cider kit (put cinnamon sticks, and a few cloves in a bag and attached to an apple juice box with the directions: Put the juice and spices in a mug. Microwave for two minutes).
    -muffins or baked good
    -fuzzy socks/slipper socks
    -ear buds &/or charging cord
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 17 years and Mom to Wesley 14, Adelaide 12 and Hudson 10

Good morning, all

LAUNDRY -- Angela -- I'm with you -- I can get it washed and dried. I'm just awful at letting it stockpile and not folding it and getting it put away, which means that I then have to iron more stuff than I would have initially My laundry room is a wreck, though. Somehow we have TUBS of stuff and just STUFF all over the counters. It's driving me crazy! I need to tackle that. One of the things, though is the tub of Rainbow Science materials that I have -- it didn't work for us, and I need to sell it, but there it sits. That's something that was a huge hit years ago, but with Apologia these days, few people know about it.

LEGOS -- we have Legos everywhere, too My girls are kind of beyond them (although Mattie still enjoys helping build sets; she just doesn't want that as a present ). The boys got a good bit for Christmas, and they love them!

Today:
    * my yogurt in the IP worked I added some blueberries to some and fed a few kids this morning! Hurray!!!
    * cooked breakfast for dh
    * Bible study
    * got kids up (usually I'll let them sleep -- they're usually up by 7:30, and some earlier, but we have to go to town, so we need to get moving!) and gave them morning instructions
    * kids have fed animals/unloaded dishwasher/etc.
    * I currently have color on my hair and am waiting for it to set. Then I'll shower and get ready.
    * Cale's working on a math test
    * I'll do basic school with Ben

THEN...
    * at 10:10 we leave for fiddle (and Cale will start an extra 15 minutes with the mandolin today )
    * drop boys off there, take Katie to Chemistry (15 more minutes down the road) -- and drop off recycling! (which needs to be loaded into the Suburban!)
    * backtrack and go get boys (may have time to run a quick errand in the meantime)
    * go back and pick up Katie at 12
    * stop by the library
    * home for a late lunch
    * get supper ready and throw in crockpot (I'm making stuff, so it's primarily cooked; it'll just "set" in the crockpot)
    * supper by 5:30
    * church at 6

WHEW!!! It's a Wednesday at our house.......
    Ya'll have a great day!

MICHELLE -- a few more Secret Sister ideas:
    -- Wal Mart has these cute little cacti in small flower pots for about $4 -- you could add a scripture about the desert and water?????
    -- don't you coupon some? You can get great deals on lipstick and chapstick
    -- maybe you could find a small lotion set or buy some sample sizes of Aquafor or ?????
    -- a package of tea bags?
    -- a set of notecards
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige: IP yogurt - I usually just use a honey or sugar (for my one honey-hater) and an optional splash of vanilla or almond. Sometimes I'll add a jam or syrup as well. Right now Costco has a lovely blueberry syrup that I've been adding to mine.

Angela: I have the same problem with folding - it never gets done. Then, the kids jump all over the couch and half of it gets back in the dirty clothes.

Jen: I've noticed similar things on my tracking when they load the truck for delivery, and then it's delivered that day. I think they mess up the scanner when they load the truck or something. Lets hope you get it today.

- - - Updated - - -

Laundry: Project 333 - I did go through my tops and bottoms - I kept less than a third of what was in the drawers, but that's probably only because most of my things are still dirty and those are what I wear. Once everything is clean, I might get rid of some of what I kept yesterday.

School: Desks Those are about the only clean surfaces in my house, yea!

For Today:
    Make soy yogurt
    Groceries (I actually have to leave the house tonight, so this will finally get done)
    clean living floor
    laundry piles
    Declutter one box in living room (five if i'm ambitious)
    Pack up linens to take to good will
    Return library book
    Loving, living, and learning with Silas (11) Cedric (10) Aria (7) Titus (5)

Heather -- sorry about your guys and the legos. Hope they come in soon.

Jen -- sorry about ds and his Fed Ex woes. I love that he called them! Hope they get there today!

Angela -- sorry about the restless dreams.

Jekka -- way to go on getting rid of stuff!

Mindy -- faux wood cutting? What are you doing?

Lindsey -- good list of things to watch. I used a lot of videos and shows too

Paige -- Yay for yogurt!!

Thank y'all for all the ideas! I am writing all these down
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 18yo ds, 15yo ds

Good morning!

It is cold inside today!!! We discovered at 10:30 last night when dh got home that the heat wasn't working! I just thought I was cold like usual. We tried all we could think of, but nothing worked. We just piled more blankets on the kids and us. This morning we called up a friend who knows some about hvac, and we tried a few more things. Still nothing. We were about ready to call a repair guy - when the furnace turned on! It got down to 60* inside. It's been on for about 15 minutes now and the temp hasn't gone up yet. Not sure how long reheating will take. We are very thankful that it was above freezing yesterday and not the below 0 weather we had a few days ago! We are still having someone come out to make sure it isn't a bigger issue. We don't really like going without heat!

Oh - the schools are back in session today, finally! 5 snow days - very irregular here! Probably took 5 or 6 years to get that many snow days before this.

For today:
    • Watch Beth Moore video
    • School with dc
    • 2 loads of laundry?
    • Wait for hvac guy
    • Go to library?
    • Tidy more - I did pretty good yesterday, but there is much more to do

Heather - the writing class at the college sounds very cool!

Angela - ick on a muddy day

Jen - hope the Legos arrive today! Boo on the FedEx driver who didn't even try!!

Jekka - good job on the project 333!

Paige - hope your busy day goes smoothly!

Mindy - tell me about the faux wood project. Sounds interesting

Lindsey - you do a fabulous job getting many resources for hsing your dc! Great job!

Time to get moving. We're a bit behind here this morning because of the furnace issues. I'm so thankful it started working!!! PTL! Have a great day!

So far:
    • stayed in bed longer than should -- but was so dark
    • my bed stripped and sheets washed & moved to dryer
    • boys beds stripped and sheets washing
    • fixed breakfast
    • talk with boys

I have a praise.
    Yesterday someone paid their dues. I didn't have anything with me so I stuck the money in my pocket. Got home and didn't have the money. I almost started crying. I knew if I didn't find it I would have to replace it. It was only $30 but right now it may as well been hundred.

I searched the truck then ds2 said "lets go back to the church and look in the parking lot. We pulled up and saw money where I had been parked. Ds jumped out and grabbed it. But it was only $10. I guess the wind unfolded it and blew the $20 away. We looked all around but didn't see it.
    I was glad we found $10 but was still about to cry.

I started to pull out the parking lot the way I was facing but instead decided to turn around and go out the way I came in, looking and hoping to find the $20. All a sudden ds said "STOP. Not sure what that is". He jumps out and runs to the edge of the parking lot. It was the $20

Apparently when I pulled phone out of pocket before getting in the truck the money fell out. I am so very thankful for finding it
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 18yo ds, 15yo ds