• published a blog post
    • sent a plant committee email
    • responded to some group emails
    • texted with Dan about a possible interview at UR with E
    • chatted with the kids- slow to start but time well spent
    • started laundry
    • folded a load right out of the dryer
    • sorted through dirty laundry and prepped it for washing
    • asked R to go through her dresser and hoe out clothes she is not wearing- my plan is to pack up another bag of clothing to donate.
    • changed out the hand towels in two bathrooms
    • downloaded a notebooking sheet on linear equations for the algebra student
    • went over LOTR work with the 14yo and set him on today's work
    • made an Amazon order- some books for the boys for school and two crafty/modeling items for projects
    • realized I made a mistake in the order and discussed another book with J- ordered the second book. I could have changed them out, but he needs to keep in projects to keep sane. And I mean that literally.
    • ate lunch
    • had dishwasher emptied and reloaded
    • switched my laundry and started another load for the day- I need to time loads to get them hung and dried.
    • went through some kids' clothes and sorted them for consignment or salvation army- the bag for consignment is set. I'm still adding to the salvation army bag. I'll take them both one day later this week.
    • went over a project timeline with J- he's doing the science fair this year. I can't remember the last time we did it. But, this would be much more suitable than the 4-H fair for his work. But, we had a nice discussion on his project and I laid out a timeline with him. He did a writing assignment based on the project. The whiteboard has a fun project on it again.
    • pulled up a ramp and took pictures for a blog post coming soon- some things are not easy to take pictures of. This is one of them! I wish we had an oak table in our school room! The pictures would be so much more pleasant.
    • chatted with my mom on FB messenger- she is appalled at tuition prices. The school E loved from yesterday is an embarrassing $67,000/year. But, it's not over till it's over.

Ok...time to make some notes for this blog post and go to fold laundry in our room. I might even listen to music while I do it. The sewing girls are here. The sun is still out for the most part. Love the sun and the atmosphere it creates, even in the winter.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (18 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Mindy, I thought the ideas in No Talking were really interesting! A lot of food for thought! Model Magic is made by Crayola, but it isn't regular clay.

I'm beat. We went to Dave and Buster's and JoAnn then I had a text that groceries were already ready, so we got those. Now I need to put them away before we run to gymnastics!

- - - Updated - - -

ETA: No package yet. Online it still says it's at the FedEx facility, so I'm hoping they'll at least deliver whatever I need to go pick it up tomorrow--way on the other side of the metro. We get a lot of "attempted deliveries" that they literally did not attempt at all. As in the gate is open, our car is in the driveway and we're home all day and the doorbell never rings. They must be attempting to deliver it with their minds.

Good Afternoon!
    Wow, you all have been chatty today. I skimmed along, but I'll need to read fully and catch up in a bit.

We've had another gray, cloudy day but with temps in the 40's, and everything is just dripping wet. Too bad we don't get any sun to go with it. It looks like we'll have to wait until Sunday for a chance of sunshine.

So far:
    • emails and some reading
    • updated calendar and transferred needed items from 2016 to 2017
    • paid some bills
    • both morning basket and afternoon school done
    • informed homeschool group friend that we are interested in graduation ceremony participation
    • picked up ds18 from the CC
    • filled the bird feeder
    • swept and banged out the garage door rug
    • made spanish rice for tonight's enchiladas

We had a normal, school routine day! First one since returning from break. However, tomorrow we are going to the Wilderness Center for a program on beavers which will take the entire morning, and then Friday is gym and swim, and library day, so nothing else gets accomplished on Fridays. So next week will have to be our first full week back in the saddle.

For the rest of TODAY:
    • make the enchiladas
    • update school planner/journal
    • work on school planning and prep work, of which I've only done a little so far, and if I'm not careful January will be over before I know it!

Time to fluff my rice and put things together in the kitchen.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (2010 homeschool/Cornerstone Univ grad.), Erica (2012 homeschool/culinary/Ashland Univ grad.), Jacob (12th gr.), and Jesse (3rd gr).

Angela, just saw your note about Model Magic- thanks. I think I can get that at Walmart. Something new will be fun.

Jen, you must be so frustrated about that delivery!! That would really annoy me as well. Hope it arrives/you get a slip to pick it up.

Since last:
    cleaned out bunch of science experiments in the fridge
    vacuumed out a drawer and wiped it out
    lunch and read aloud
    clean up
    long walk in ridiculously warm weather
    folded a load of laundry
    quiet time right now
    posted my intro in Homeschool Alliance

Still need to:
    make a menu
    grocery list
    make dinner
    kids ready for church tonight

Today was the press release for the restaurant my husband is opening. Pretty exciting! I hadn't realized it would be today (thought it was tomorrow) but I had a friend text me, she saw the news. Supposed to open maybe Jan 2018.
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd10, dd9, ds7, dd5, dd3

I'm up a little earlier than usual. Half of me was too cold and half of me was too hot. So I gave up and got up. Maybe I'll get a little nap in this afternoon. This morning I have the preschool playgroup. Wesley is home with a fever, but up in bed. Hudson is still asleep. My plans:

-shower
    -make sure all is set up for playgroup
    -practice piano
    -playgroup
    -put away clean clothes that are drying in the living room
    -hang laundry
    -dishes
    -math
    -phonics/spelling
    -grammar
    -unit study
    -grocery shop?
    -pick up Addie from school
    -homework
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 17 years and Mom to Wesley 14, Adelaide 12 and Hudson 10

Jen -- UGH! That is so wrong

Heather -- Yowza on tuition

Cindy -- Yay for normal routine day

Mindy -- cool beans on restaurant

Done:
    • sheets & back on beds
    • most laundry folded and put away -- some still on drying rack and some towels still drying in dryer
    • cleaned bathroom
    • balanced checkbook
    • updated calendars
    • cleaned out purse
    • dh's work -- so he could hear truck
    • gas station -- truck gas
    • store - laundry detergent - thought I had another bottle over in corner, I didn't
    • dh's work -- drop off soap they needed
    • sat on porch
    • listened to my 2, J1 & C3 -- they were telling me stuff -- they are so goofy
    • washed lunch dishes

It was extremely windy today but this afternoon there was a break in the winds. It was near 70 and I really enjoyed sitting on the porch.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 15yo ds

for a normal day, Cindy! That's kind of how our first week back has been....

The package came!! It said it was still at the facility, but it was on our porch. I should just never look at the tracking. Ds is happily building now.

*took dd to gymnastics
    *ran to the library
    *got gas while it is 78*--I always seem to run out when it's 17*.
    *made food for kids

I'll take dd back to church in about half an hour and then run to get the odds and ends from the store. If I have time I may run by Lowe's to check out their rugs. Maybe they will have something cheap and in stock...

Jen --

• spice cabinet organized
    • microwave cleaned
    • supper cooked & eaten
    • kitchen cleaned
    • kitchen & dining room swept
    • started dryer again -- stuff still wet

Y'all know my washer broke, BIL gave me his old one. It is smaller and makes quiet a bit of noise but works
    My dryer started making the horrible high pitched squeak other day and today has added a new horrible noise with the high pitched squeak.
    So at one point today the dryer was running and the washer was going through the spin cycle. We are in the living room and I say "BRACE FOR LIFT OFF". Yes it was loud and yes I started laughing. The boys grinned. And then I said "Loud but works" and gave the thumbs up. The boys grinned some more and said "yep"
    So it isn't funny that everything is breaking but sometimes you just gotta laugh.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 15yo ds

Wow- all these laundry woes. I hope things settle down for you all!

Since earlier:
    • folded three loads of laundry
    • had last load in the washer switched to the dryer and some of the clothes hung to dry
    • tried making some acorn squash in my IP- it worked well. Did another one and seasoned it with butter, salt, and maple syrup. Very tasty.
    • had dishwasher loaded by KP kid- I'd like to get a bit more in there and run it if I can
    • switched to my new shoes- not sure I like them as well, but they aren't broken in and my feet are tired. It's the same model shoe. Hopefully they will be alright.
    • had the foyer picked up of shoes before the sewing girls arrived
    • had an item given to use by our old neighbors put on Dan's workbench. We are to fix it for her or trash it. Either way, it doesn't need to be in my foyer.
    • read to J from The Unseen Guest- he is enjoying this series
    • did some reading about the histamine diet- I'm 95% certain this is an issue for me. It lines up with mold allergies as well. I'm going to try GF and then go for a histamine restricted diet. I think this explains why some breads are fine and others are not. It's the processing and preservatives that allow food to age. Freshly made gluten items I'm fine with. We'll see. I will do my due diligence.

It's late and I'm beat!

Have a great night!

Now it's late and
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (18 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Been a weird week. I just wanted to post to thank Jen for reminding me about the Children's Place PLACE cash. I had a bunch and just finished placing two orders. An hour and 30 minutes before the deadline.

I still have $20 and thought of ordering stuff for Kimmie, but since there is no communication, I'm not sure she'd accept a package. sigh... I bought a small Christmas gift for her too, but am afraid to mail it. I also bought her a stocking to keep here to hang with the rest of ours and I started a charm bracelet for her. I'll buy her a charm periodically so when she is older, she knows we always loved her, thought of her and prayed for her. Sometimes, humans suck.

On that bright note, I'm off to bed! Sorry for the downer, I really meant to just post about the PLACE cash. Thanks, Jen!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(22), Benjamin(19), Nicholas(17), Rebekah(15), Julianne(10), Jonathan(7)and Joshua(2)