Thread: Wonderful Wednesday Meals!

Default Wonderful Wednesday Meals!

Happy Wednesday! Tonight we will be having burgers and fries along with carrot and celery sticks. What is cooking at your house?
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

Hello! I wish I could say what we're having for dinner... Actually, I've come here for help! I have some chicken thighs in my fridge, and I need some ideas...??
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd10, dd9, ds7, dd5, dd3

Mindy -- I like to take chicken thighs, carrots, potatoes & an onion (all cut into bite size pieces). Place on cookie sheet (with a rim) and drizzle with olive oil. Then sprinkle with various spices (whatever I am in the mood for ..salt & pepper, Cajun, oregano, etc. ...not all at once ). Bake at 425 for about 25 minutes.
    Or my old standby. Chicken in a casserole dish, top with BBQ sauce and bake.

We will be having oven steaks and baked potatoes.
    Found some steaks while digging in the freezer this morning.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 15yo ds

Thank you, Michelle!! Sounds delicious, and I have all those ingredients! That's pretty much all I have - it's a grocery-list-making day - but that's perfect!!
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd10, dd9, ds7, dd5, dd3

Michelle- that's what I had for lunch. Well, sort of. I sautee my small chicken thigh pieces in a cast iron pan with olive oil and I roast butternut squash in the oven. With freshly ground pepper and kosher salt sprinkled on top.

I've also baked or sauteed in bbq sauce with those pieces.

and I make a smashing chicken pot pie in my instant pot with them.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (18 ds, 16 dd, 14 ds, 11 ds).

Love these new ideas for chicken thighs! My favorite is honey mustard boneless, skinless thighs with rice or noodles.

Tonight is my oldest son's last night here. This parting is much harder than the others have been for me. I don't know when we'll see him again -- the longest would be 19 months from now when his USMC commitment is finished.

So anyway, I just got back from Papa Murphy's with three pizzas to bake later. My son and his fiancé are in the kitchen making chocolate chip cookies. That will be dinner.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to United States Marine ds 21 * artist dd 18 * motion-loving ds 15 * piano-playing ds 10
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Rebe praying for you!! Pizza and cookies sound wonderful for dinner with your boy!

Rebe --

Mindy -- glad it worked out for you

Heather --

Merrilee -- burgers
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 15yo ds

We had the honey mustard rabbit, roasted potatoes, and broccoli that I was trying to make yesterday when our power went out . We made a trip to the local diner and to the library last night The power was restored late this afternoon

Rebe, so hard to let them go.
    Blessed wife to Troy and Mama to K(30) married to E (2 granddaughters & a grandson), H(29) married to J, S (23), S (21), Z (19), M (17), E (16), M (13), J (12), D (11), N (10)

Rebe.

We had pork roast, potatoes, corn, peas and fiddleheads at my parents house tonight - and bonus, my mom did the cooking!
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd9 1/2, ds8, ds6 1/2 and ds5.