Thread: Spelling U See Compared to All About Spelling

Default Spelling U See Compared to All About Spelling

Has anyone used Spelling U See or All About Spelling and would like to share your thoughts?? My first grader is doing Abeka Spelling right now and she is STRUGGLING with it. I'm looking for something else for next year..
    Eva~ child of God, wife to James, and homeschooling, ASL using, IEP advocating, encouraging Mama to my Special Lovely Blessings :Beauty 10, Bubbles 8, and Baby 6 via the miracle of adoption.

There's another thread about AAS. I can't find it on my phone at the moment, but it should be too far down.

I can't speak about SUS because we never used it, but we did use AAS for a little while, we ended up returning to our beloved Sequential Spelling though.

All about Spelling takes roughly 15-20 minutes a day, they really don't recommend going beyond that time frame. I just found it really teacher intensive for us with lots of bits & bobs to use. My eldest loved the rule portion, but he never felt there were enough words to really practice. He needs to visually see the patterns in a stack of words to help cement them which is why Sequential Spelling works better for him
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.

I have been wondering about SUS as well. My son is 8 and would probably need level B. But, I don't know if he would like that. It looks really nice though.
    Christi
    Wife to Bryan, mama to Wheatley(18) attending Walsh University, Veronica(13)with down syndrome, Ephraim(8), and Loretta(5)

I have used Spelling you see. Its a good program. But it really depends on how your child learns. My daughter did horrible with spelling lists. Oh she get them correct for the tests. But then use the words and spell them incorrectly. SUS is using copy work and learning different letter chunks. We used only one level and I realized my daughter was really learning how to spell with copy work so the following years I just use copy work. For her it works. The SUS shouldn't take more then 20 minutes a day. Most of the time less.
    Jen married 17 years to Steve, mom to Mike "88", Nick "91", Abigail our child in heaven "04" and Samantha "05"