Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dr. Who? -- Update Post 27

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    The show ran from 1963-1989. The successful reboot was in 2005, which is what Amazon is showing as Season 1. That's the 9th doctor.
    That is pretty funny to me. No wonder you're confused, Paige! Sorry I added to your confusion.

In our house, we refer to everything with Doctor numbers, not season numbers. I guess this is why. But I have a die-hard (original) Doctor fan in the house, who has never seen the new Doctors at all and who knew the Doctor when the Doctor wasn't cool.

When we named our daughter Sarah Jane, never in my wildest dreams did I think that anyone under the age of 50, and also a early British sci-fi fan, would even have a clue what that reference was to. But my dd is actually quite awesome among her friends because of it.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to United States Marine ds 21 * artist dd 19 * motion-loving ds 16 * piano-playing ds 11
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post

In our house, we refer to everything with Doctor numbers, not season numbers. I guess this is why.
    We do too. I have no clue what season they are on now. Well, I guess I could add it up since the reboot was in 2005, and they're still going strong! That would be 12 seasons since the reboot. I think they are shooting the 13th season now.
    Linda wife to Mark, Mommy to Emily, 20 Anna 18, Rebecca 16, Samuel 14, Jacob 11, and Katie 8,
    Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.
    Steven Wright

Obviously, I've hit on a popular, enjoyable, family show We'll have to check it out!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

If you can't find them all streaming, try your library for DVDs. Our library has a ton of them.
    Wendy, wife of Retired Air Force hubby Sid. Mom to school teacher Virginia, 28yo; Son-in-law Mark; Homeschool graduate and Graphic Artist John, 21 and remaining student Tim, 15.
    I can only do one thing well...You pick: Homeschool the kids, or Clean the house.

If you want to start with the classics and are ok with streaming sites like youtube - dailymotion . com has the majority of them. I watch them all with my kids, they prefer the modern re-boot, but really love some of the classics as well.
    Loving, living, and learning with Silas (11) Cedric (10) Aria (7) Titus (5)

And Captain Jack likes men and women. Along with some other things. We watched for awhile, but the setting him up as almost a god and the sexuality problems really got to us after awhile. Very disappointing.

I had to come back and post with an update. We've been watching these through Amazon Prime (started with the newer Season 1 -- I guess that's the 2005 season?). The kids LOVE them. Absolutely LOVE them It's been a huge hit. I think they just got finished with season 5 or 6. It's been a great option of something "new" to watch Thanks for the help!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)