Thread: Cowboy Charlie?

Default Cowboy Charlie?

Any recommendations? Fun things as g0-alongs?

We're headed to MT in late August and will visit Charles Russel's home and art museum I want to make sure we row the book before we go
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Be like Charlie and try making something with modeling clay!

The Charlie Russell museum also has an excellent section on buffalo (at least it did last summer when we were there). Read and listen to Carl Sandburg's Buffalo Dusk. We listened to a couple recordings of the poem, one of Sandburg himself reading it. (On Youtube?)

The cowboy meal in the manual is really yummy, too. My kids set up a pretend campfire in the middle of the dining room table.

I would also suggest rowing You're on Your Way, Teddy Roosevelt, if you can and learn about the National Park system. Glacier National Park is only a couple hours from Great Falls in one direction and I think Yellowstone may be about the same distance in another direction.

Thank you, Rena! I did intend to do TR and the national parks. We are going to Yellowstone . Great ideas!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

I was going to say you could visit the Charles Russell display at the Rockwell Museum in Corning, NY. But, I suppose Montana will do too.

Such a fun book!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

We just got home from our Cowboy Charlie vacation. The museum and studio are open and amazing. The lighting in the studio was incredible!! They have easel horses to sit on. Plan on giving your children the time to soak up the inspiration within those walls and create some art in the studio. Russel's home is closed for renovation unfortunately.
    Helena is 1 1/2 hours South of Great Falls. We walked down Last Chance Gulch, visited the old mining town and spent a couple hours exploring the gorgeous capital building.
    Have fun!!! And if you happen to come to Glacier Park area, you will be in my back yard.
    Blessed wife to Dan and Mama of 4 boys; Ezra (7/08), Jubal (9/10), Gideon (1/13), Boaz (6/16).

Crystal Thanks for the heads up. We're not making it to glacier this time -- I went 20 years ago, though, and it was beautiful!!! We might be going through Helena -- I need to map out that portion of the trip