Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moms' Book Thread ~ Week 29 (July 16th- July 22nd)

Michele, thank you for asking about Hannah. She made it to the school safely last night. She says her roommates are very nice and the food is really good. I am so thankful for technology. Through messaging and FaceTime, we were able to 'be' with her throughout her travels. Because of that I am doing well but my husband is having a difficult time with her gone. I think both of us are surprised by that.
    Julia
    mom of 3 -- dd (18), ds (16) and dd (14)

Julia, glad to hear that Hannah is doing well. New Zealand must be amazing, though I know it's hard on you guys to have your baby so far away!

Rebe, thanks for the reminder about Vicki's post. Vicki, thank you! Looks like a lot of great recommendations there, most of which I have not read. (The only two I've read are the two from South American countries.)

(Artwork courtesy of the American Library Association.)
    Celebrate your freedom to read! Read a banned book!

You're welcome, Stacia. I also thought of you with this list! There were a lot of titles there I had never heard of that sounded really interesting!

Negin, I'm sure you all know by now how much I love Christie! The problem is that by this point I've read all of her books at least three times! I think I only have her plays left, and her biography. I guess I'll go there next.
    Mama of two lovely ladies: Carina (10) & Madelyn (8).

For the Agatha Christie fans, I saw a movie poster that a version of Murder on the Orient Express is coming in November. Looks like a pretty good cast.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3402236/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

(Artwork courtesy of the American Library Association.)
    Celebrate your freedom to read! Read a banned book!

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenM View Post
    I finished The Man in the High Castle last night.
    Kathleen, yes, I think I'll skip it. Sorry the writing was so disappointing. Some of my Good Reads friends mentioned that also, even though they all gave it 3 stars and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Happy reading, everyone. Wish me LESS work so I can read (and breathe) a little bit more.
    Yes, definitely.
    And Happy, Happy Birthday to you, Rebe!

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaT View Post
    Michele, thank you for asking about Hannah. She made it to the school safely last night. She says her roommates are very nice and the food is really good. I am so thankful for technology. Through messaging and FaceTime, we were able to 'be' with her throughout her travels. Because of that I am doing well but my husband is having a difficult time with her gone. I think both of us are surprised by that.
    "I know every book of mine by its smell, and I have to put my nose between the pages to be reminded of all sorts of things." ~ George Gissing

Stacia, I was thinking about you earlier today. I know that you have read By Gaslight earlier this year and that you really liked it. I found it on sale for my Kobo ereader this Morning. I was so excited! I tried to read it in Feb. after I found it in the library but life happened and I wasn't able to concentrate well enough to get very far in the book. So I have been waiting for it to come up on my Kobo. My wait is now over!! I was also able to get Cutting for Stone on sale. I am a happy girl today!!!!
    Julia
    mom of 3 -- dd (18), ds (16) and dd (14)

Quote Originally Posted by Stacia View Post
    For the Agatha Christie fans, I saw a movie poster that a version of Murder on the Orient Express is coming in November. Looks like a pretty good cast.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3402236/?ref=m_nv_sr_1
    Lots of big stars in that movie! I am weird with movies of books -- I'll have to see on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Negin View Post
    And Happy, Happy Birthday to you, Rebe!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaT View Post
    I was also able to get Cutting for Stone on sale. I am a happy girl today!!!!
    I loved that book -- hope you like it, too!
    "Ree-bee," Mom to United States Marine ds 21 * artist dd 18 * motion-loving ds 15 * piano-playing ds 10
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry