Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Ok so the pizza came in plenty of time to get to the pool and it was piping hot! But, with only an hour till closing I think we've decided to hit the two waterfalls instead. It'll be just me and Rebecca.

Unless, I find out that we couldn't see one of them. The swimming will be closed, but I think I can still walk near the swimming to get pictures.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Aha! HEATHER: thank you for the summary of the Big Fat Notebooks! I finally took time to look through them on Amazon. I'm not sure I can justify one or two as a "need", but I think my daughter would love them for review on a couple subjects. She is not too squeamish about using things that are not particularly for high school, thankfully. Now to decide if I can really justify the purchase, or is it my curriculum-aholic-ism kicking in??

MICHELLE: Sorry to hear about your headache on Saturday! Christmas Hallmark movies sound like a nice diversion from the heat!!

ANGELA: a trip to the beach sounds so nice! Hope you have fun!

JEN: Fair projects....yep, that pretty much sums up our next two weeks. We are down a couple of projects this year, but it's kind of a relief too. My daughter is doing a movie again, and we are hoping that comes together soon, but this week is the fashion review, and we still have some shopping to do!

We are finally opening birthday presents tonight!

Ladies, I overdid it last week and have been a bum this weekend, especially today. I just can't get my wheels turning. The family ran to town for some carry-out supper, and we are going to open gifts and watch a movie. Hopefully tomorrow I can get myself geared up for a routine of some morning time (would like to start that back up now), some light school, and then let my daughter work full speed on fair stuff.

Have a good evening!
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

Shelly- I'm sorry you are running on E after this week. I overdid it with my foot today and wowzers. I've iced it twice, but I do not want to walk! I'm going to order a compression sock and see if that gives me some relief. My podiatrist told me about some shoes that are terrific for plantar faciitis, but I need to investigate those more. I've not had it get this bad for so long. I won't tell you the indiscretion I had with footware today...

After dinner R and I (as in me):
    • gathered our sketching supplies and camera
    • headed to another waterfall
    • took pictures and sketched the falls
    • drove to another on the way back home
    • took pictures
    • sketched the falls
    • took the trash out to the curb
    • KP girl did her duty of emptying the dishwasher and reloading it
    • watched Good Eats with the family- one on strawberries and one on blueberries
    • drank a Coke I had in the freezer- oh my goodness. Icy Coke goodness. Bliss.

Which has prompted me to go get blueberries this week. I will call about flats tomorrow and maybe pick one up on Tuesday. Then I can freeze some and make pie and make a buckle. I wasn't sure we'd be here this weekend, so I didn't go to get them.

It was fun to head out and hit the state parks. We have three within 7 or less miles from us and they all have nice waterfalls. There's also two gorge trails on campus with waterfalls. Many of these are within the city limits.

Cindy- It was a good day trip. Nice and short. Because even a long day trip is too much for us as a collective right now. As it was, two kids didn't go. The original Lyme kid went to campus. He's getting out which is good. The other kid is sick with something. His throat is BAD tonight. But the strep test was negative.

I think it's time for some ice water. Then I'm not sure. Have a great night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good evening!!

We've been busy all day! The fair is Thursday and Friday, but we turn in our stuff on Tuesday--and we're volunteering at check in, so we have to have it done when they open. Ds should have more than 20 entries, and a lot of them are really nice things. Dd will have quite a few, too.

We went to lunch at my mom and dad's (and got my mom's help on some tricky cross-stitch spots) and since we came home we've been at work on fair stuff and cleaning up. I got everything on my list done!

I'm beat, but I told ds I'd stay up with him and keep him company while he works!

Good evening,

Just a quick check in here before I take a shower and climb into bed. I hope you are all doing well! I find this thread so beneficial in so many ways and yet I can't seem to post here regularly anymore. Hope I can get back in the habit.

Heather-As always, you find the best quotes for us! I am so sorry to read that your other son might have Lymes . You are being a wonderful advocate for him and I am sure you will all get through this. I have been praying and will continue to do so. You have had so much with your dad too, but you 'keep on swimming'. Hang in there! If you have a chance could you post the title to a book you mentioned here before? It was something about children with intense personalities? I think we might need to get a copy of that book.

Michelle- so glad your Friday night was fun, but sorry you weren't feeling well today. Do you get more headaches from the heat? Hot temps and humidity are so draining. Sounds like your son loves his job and is doing so well! Proud of him!

Jen-How did the fair planning go today? Sorry you have heat down there. It's been warm here too, but I'm sure not as hot as down there!

Paige- sounds like you had a fun filled day! Are the veggies coming in? We didn't plant much this year.

Cindy- I didn't know it was national ice cream day! Maybe we can call it ice cream week and visit our little ice cream shop later . Glad your weather is cooperating!

Angela- How neat that Dan and Logan went backpacking! I bet they had stories...

Shelly- I really enjoy reading about your days. I know what you mean about wheels not turning- hopefully the wheels will move for us tomorrow!

I wanted to come here and say that I cleaned my desk in the kitchen three weeks ago and it is still looking good! Wow! I still need to tackle the cupboards above with all the home education materials, but I have made progress. I also cleaned out all of my mom's files. That was a project! I got rid of lots of paper.

Summer is going fairly well. The last two weeks I have felt like I haven't planned enough for the boys, but we did some fun things with friends this weekend and that helped spirits, I think. Ds17 took the ACT two weeks ago. He took it over a period of five days because of his disability. I am excited to get the results and I hope he won't have to take it again.

If you think of us, we could use some prayers. I can't really get into it here, but I need to not let my emotions cloud things up for sure . Well, time for bed. I hope to do a little reading before I call it a day.

Sleep well!
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy