Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Good afternoon!

We made it through the mall the weekend before school starts back. Oh my.

I worked on consignment sale stuff, too.

Now I'm just waiting for the kids to finish at the party and we'll head home. Ds has been swimming for 3 hours today plus an hour of rock climbing so he should sleep well tonight!

Jen- I made it through the mall today too! Not bad for it getting close to move in weekend around here. This coming week is move in week so next weekend will be worse. I'd better time my trip to the grocery store appropriately as well.

Since last time:
    • tidy the kitchen some- my KP "kid" is not on his A game today. Even the post Lyme A game.
    • made beef tacos- I don't usually make beef tacos, but my choices are getting slimmer by the day
    • dishwasher was emptied
    • chatted with my dad on FB messenger
    • took a couple art pictures earlier today- forgot to report that
    • cut two heads of hair- would have forgotten, I'm sure but the kid who gets one has been asking for a few days.
    • started an email to my group- need to confer before I send it

Right now it's time to serve ice cream and then I probably should vacuum up the little mess (and it is little) from hair cuts. But, I'm probably going to opt for something else for the moment.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Well, I went ahead and did the vacuuming upstairs like a good girl.

I also cleaned up the kitchen more and put some food away.

I took my walk.

And I sat out and watched the meteor shower for a long while and others joined me. They had been watching a movie together, but I grabbed J to come with me.

Tomorrow is the peak so that's my plan for tomorrow night.

I'd still be out there, but mercy it looks like the sun is coming up. The whole sky changed. The moon is rising.

Have a great night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good Evening,

Week's challenge: Didn't do much here, but I did pull the weeds along our front side walk today.

Heather; What is a homeschool mom list?

Today I got up and got ready for the day. I made breakfast: homemade blueberry muffins and fried eggs. I sent an email about a mesh shower sling we need for ds17. We have been trying to get one since the spring because he has outgrown his old one. Long story, but I am dealing with a sales rep with terrible customer service. Our usual rep is great, but I suspect he passed this order on to a different rep because he is so busy and it should be an easy order. I guess it isn't:/. I took ds13 to his drum lesson, dropped some bars off at church, went to the library and found out ds13 was staying at his drum teacher's house to help her husband with a project that involved some heavy lifting. I cleaned the powder room. Do people use that term anymore? My boys had never heard it before! I did some weeding once home and prepared dinner for friends we had over this evening. We had a good visit. The kitchen is all cleaned up and I was going to run on the treadmill, but I have lost my motivation.

One of the reasons I was going to run was because of a comment one of ds13's friends made about me last night. I don't know if it's me or what, but the last few days I have been hit with some insensitive comments and I don't know if I am over reacting. Last night, ds13's friend told me in front of two other friends and my dh that one of the friends had said earlier in some rhyming fashion that I was fat. Ugh. That hurt even though it was from a 13yo boy because I have had a challenge with my weight lately. The night before, a friend asked me how long ds17's life expectancy was. I know it was out of concern, but it took the wind out of my sails and I din't know how to respond. I know I can be sensitive, and I need to put it all in perspective. Thanks for letting me dump it here.

Heather- have you ever tried beer pancakes? That's a fond memory I have of my dad...they are really good! Did you say you have a morning time post?

Jen- Glad you got to bed early- I *need* to get started on school planning too! I really want to make sure we fit in some type of morning time.

Shonda! Happy Birthday! I am 51. I am so tired lately, need to get a handle on that, but the other side of 50 is good.

Michelle- I hope your day was very relaxing!

Angela- our dog doesn't like going potty in the rain either . Who would?

Paige- glad you can save money on hotels!

Cindy- glad you got your sunshine!

Joelle- I was the other person asking about you. Glad you checked in

I know there is more for me to do that I didn't get to today, but I think I will call it a day. Sleep is good. I am glad we had friends over tonight, though. Good times.
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy