Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Default Saturday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Foyers, entryways, porches, and laundry areas- spiff them up and get rid of clutter.

School Challenge: Work on the homeschool mom list.

Inspiring Thought: The day is always his who works in it with serenity and great aims. - Emerson

For me today:
    • fill my paint palette
    • nature journal- trying to be good about this because I want to get better. If I never do it, I won't get better.
    • blog work- several posts due up while I'm gone next week
    • morning meeting plans- and other school plans
    • make food- figure out weekend meals and thaw meat
    • keep kitchen tidy
    • game- get some people to spend time with them
    • pool
    • laundry
    • cut hair

I think that will do it. I had a fiasco with this morning's pancakes. Buttermilk does not sit well with two of us, so I tried modifying the recipe I use. Bust. They were edible but thin and stupid.

Onward with the day- have a great Saturday everyone!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (18 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

Never got to post yesterday. We went to a museum a couple of hours away and by the time we got home and went to get a birthday present, we were worn out. We all watched Aladdin together and I was asleep by 10:30!

So far today:
    *ds to swim practice--8:00 am is much earlier on a Saturday than it is on other days.
    *picked up breakfast for me and ds--I was going to cook, but dh texted that he and dd had gotten breakfast already.
    *started laundry
    *unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher

To go:
    *help dd look for her camera
    *wrap birthday present
    *work on consignment sale stuff
    *mall
    *birthday party--I'm hoping I can drop the kids and come home because it's 3 hours...
    *maybe some planning for school?--I *really* need to get started!

And of course, there's always lots of random things I can choose from if I get all of this done!

Have a great day today, friends!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHONDA
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Good Morning Ladies

CH1: I have a load of laundry going now, I have a few things I could clear off the top of the dryer.

CH2: Yes! I've been planning and prepping this morning. I was planning on a 4 day school week this week, but now I have an orthodontist appointment for H on Thursday at 12:30. So, it may be more like 3.5 days of school work.

IT: Serenity AND great aims is certainly a challenge!!

Shonda - Happy big 5-0!! I hope you are having a great day!

HW - We had a pancake flop last weekend, no fun!

Jen - Yes! 8am is way earlier on a Saturday than any other day!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Heather - sorry about the pancakes

Jen - hope you can leave party

I have been up for hours and ready for a nap! Dh took the boys & a friend to motocross a couple hours from here.

My big plans for the day.....do nothing. Yep I am going to read, nap and repeat. Maybe watch a movie.

I know I should do some kind of project, cleaning or something but nope. I will be bad and be lazy

Hope y'all have a GREAT day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

so far:
    We awoke to pouring rain!
    I got up to let the dog out, but he took one look outside and went back to lay down - ha!
    Bible time for me
    re-organized Morning Time binders - I wasn't sure how I wanted some of the divisions initially.
    breakfast with the family. Dan and Ashlyn made pancakes
    I've been working on school plans. I'm hoping once we get a couple weeks under our belt, this won't take too long but I am still figuring some things out and adjusting.

up next:
    chicken coop? I need to do this, but I don't like to do it when everything is wet!
    shower/dress - yep! I'm still in my pjs
    do some housework
    back to planning and pre-reading

Dan is going to Norfolk this evening (about 2.5 hours away) to watch a friend in an MMA title-fight....long story - ha! He is driving with another friend that could use some support right now so it works out.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

HeatherW-- Enjoy your nature journal time. What a great way to rest and restore during these hectic/draining days.

Good Morning!

We finally have sun!! I was worried it was going to be another dreary day, but it's finally perking up. We got some good rain yesterday. 72*F.

So far:
    • started a new book... Mathematical Mindsets... read for an hour
    • a little email management
    • enjoyed too much instagram and fb time
    • washed out the 3 plastic file totes I've been decluttering....everything has been gone through, decluttered, and remaining things ready to put back
    • brought in towels that were outside on the deck railing, tossed them in the dryer for a few minutes
    • started a load of towels washing and wiped down the washer and dryer, threw away the big pile of dryer lint... I could sit a trash bin right there, and people still wouldn't throw it away
    • sorted and folded some clothes; put the beach towels away
    • cleaned main bathroom counter and surrounding tile

It's been a slow start this morning, considering it's noon already.

For the rest of TODAY:
    • put stuff back in file totes... now I'll have one specifically for tutoring resources
    • more table pile work
    • portfolio work
    • what's for supper?
    • library run to county branch
    • school planner set-up
    • keep working on laundry

This is all I got right now. Who knows what may pop up though. No plans, but something out would be nice.

Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (2010 homeschool/Cornerstone Univ grad.), Erica (2012 homeschool/culinary/Ashland Univ grad.), Jacob (12th gr.), and Jesse (3rd gr).

Looks like everyone has a plan for the day. Michelle, I think your plan is fantastic!

So far:
    • made pancakes
    • had dishwasher loaded
    • chatted $ with dh- learned our food expenses fall slightly above bare minimum for where we live and the number of people we feed. That's good news. Sort of.
    • filled my gouache palette- bought my own small 12 pan palette and filled it with R's set of gouache paints. She has plenty left so that worked well. It's drying now.
    • determined to take a planner back- that R didn't like and I won't use it. I held onto it because I thought I might. But no...I just really do not like other people's boxes. It's that simple. I'll stick with my Mead smaller than 8.5x11 plain notebook for my daily lists and quotes. Though I may exchange this fancy one for a dot grid journal to try it out. Those are cheap at Michael's.
    • confirmed I'm taking R to the sewing shop- the lady there has a ruffler that R will use.

I have an errand to run for Dan- the bushing on the stick shift for the Saturn. He's about to repair it himself and sell it. It's all open and there where he can see the broken one. The cables are fine. Anyway, the store that has the replacement is near the sewing shop and Michael's.

First, I need to get some stuff of the line.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (18 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Hey all!

Another quick check in ....

We had our first day of coop yesterday and several errands afterwards. I was BEAT by the time we actually got home! It was a great first day back

Today has been a day of doing some cleaning and a good bit of paperwork for me.
    I worked on my coop class some and got some more things printed out and written out that I needed to.
    I also talked to Marriott (again) about reservations for our trip and made sure everything went through properly (emails hadn't shown that, but their computer did have it correct) and then made one final set of reservations -- dh has a block of rooms in Nashville in a week, and that should put us over for another free room our last night in Denver His work trips (via Mariott) have saved us $500 on hotel rooms We have plenty left to pay for, but $500 is a huge help!

Right now we're on the way out the door again....
    A young couple from our church is getting married this afternoon in less than an hour
    The reception is at the University Club downtown, and the girls and I are serving cake, so we won't be home til late tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Returned from town. Having done the following:
    • gathered my return and headed out with R
    • turned around half way when she realized she did not have her thread
    • got my rain coat while home- because it had begun raining
    • drove through a deluge- holy wow
    • dropped R at the sewing shop
    • picked up the bushings at the auto store
    • michael's- browsed a while, found a dot grid notebook and some stickers (I'm experimenting) and the perfect easel for our new maps (still got $5 back from the original purchase when I returned the planner)
    • target- for a supply and I picked up a dollar package of minion sticky tabs. Because minions!
    • picked up R and while there answered a plea for the tequlia for the fish tacos
    • home and inside before the sky opened up again!
    • cut a watermelon

Now I must probably think of dinner since the fish tacos will be unpleasant to make in the rain. We can do those tomorrow. I didn't thaw anything else. You know what would be super fun? Pizza! And I can get it half price. Probably not going to happen though.

I need to do some writing today. I haven't done that yet....