Thread: I'm still in shock....

Default I'm still in shock....

After years of searching, and asking my husband to keep an eye out for one...

today, he walked in the door and handed me...

an OWL PELLET!!

(Well, okay he didn't hand it to me -- my daughter quickly got him a ziplock bag!)

The bag with the pellet is sitting on my desk as I type this. Now that I have one... I wonder if I have the stomach to tear it apart -- sounds like a good father/daughter activity!

I have been requesting this since our FIAR days, especially with Owl Moon. I didn't want to order one online, as we live out in the country and have plenty of owls around. I wanted it to be a "find", but alas, we just never found one.

My husband said it was on top of a farm vehicle, and he tossed it into the weeds, then he remembered that I had wanted one, so he spent several minutes searching for it!! What a guy!!!

(What do you do for a husband who brings you an owl pellet?? I'm open to suggestions.... )

So now... we have a ready-made science project... or maybe I'll have it bronzed.... squished into a lap book?

So, FIAR ladies, don't lose hope! Those nature treasures just may find their way to your door eventually! And after all, the learning never really ends!
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

This is awesome!
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd10, ds8 1/2, ds7 and ds5 1/2.

I would be so touched.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to United States Marine ds 21 * artist dd 19 * motion-loving ds 16 * piano-playing ds 11
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

So cool that he went back for it!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

What a great guy!!! Some men only gift their wives with flowers!
    IN THE END, ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS
    Mom to 5 girls and 5 furry kids too
    20 Years Homeschooling and still learning

That is great! Definitely a good home schooling dad.

That's awesome!
    Eva~ child of God, wife to James, and homeschooling, ASL using, IEP advocating, encouraging Mama to my Special Lovely Blessings :Beauty 10, Bubbles 8, and Baby 6 via the miracle of adoption.

What a cool story!

Sounds a great bonding time between your husband and daughter.

I think the father daughter activity sounds great!
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (21), Joshua (17), Isaiah (15), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (10).