Thread: IEP Coming Up

Default IEP Coming Up

We have our IEP where we will get the results from the battery of tests on my youngest on Wednesday.. I'm on pins and needles over here! We have been through this before with the IEP process and the 504 process, but it gets me every time! We are mostly doing it for the testing...I have the feeling it's going to show dyslexia or dysgraphia. So yeah, I just needed to tell someone.
    Eva~ child of God, wife to James, and homeschooling, ASL using, IEP advocating, encouraging Mama to my Special Lovely Blessings :Beauty 10, Bubbles 8, and Baby 6 via the miracle of adoption.

Hugs to you! Tests are tests--they help diagnose what is already there. Your child is no different after the test results come in than before. For me the point of testing is to help better equip me to equip my child. Praying you have peace while you wait and as you learn more about what you are dealing with.
    Hollie, Special Needs Forum Moderator
    Wife to my best friend Tom and mom to 19yo Eli, 17yo Kyle, and 13yo Noah (with Down syndrome)
    If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. Ignacio Estrada

Virtual hugs from me, too. I agree with Hollie. Having a label can actually be a relief. A label can actually be a game changer if it gives you access to services and therapies that were previously out of reach. You are advocating for your child, and I pray that Wednesday hoes well and gives you a sense of hope.
    Mom to Grace (14), Sarah (12), and Hannah (10)
    Using my college degree in ways I never imagined....

So true! Thanks!
    Eva~ child of God, wife to James, and homeschooling, ASL using, IEP advocating, encouraging Mama to my Special Lovely Blessings :Beauty 10, Bubbles 8, and Baby 6 via the miracle of adoption.

Well, true to form, the school district didn't give me all that I requested, but I did receive some things. We are going to try some therapy toys, document, and if (when, because I'm not a therapist) we don't see improved skills we are going back in 30 days to demand occupational therapy. Thanks for the support and prayers. Happy rowing, mamas...