Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ornament Exchange for 2017

Default Ornament Exchange for 2017

Paige suggested I post this on a new thread, so here you all are! Use the link below to sign up for this year's ornament exchange. In order to get the addresses to everyone in a timely manner (and work out any problems), please try to sign up no later than Oct. 15th. Make sure that you only commit to what you can handle--no one likes disappointed kids, especially at Christmas!

Here's the link: https://goo.gl/forms/jCQhgPoujQayQPZ63

Also, I'm not able to visit the boards a lot these days, so if you have a question or concern about this, post on this thread and hopefully others can chime in with answers. If there is a glitch with the link, you can pm me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks, everyone!
    Mama of two lovely ladies: Carina (10) & Madelyn (8).

Thanks so much for taking charge of this, Vicki! My kids enjoy this so much!

Thanks, Vicki! I've "stuck" this at the top of the page so people will (hopefully) see it
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Thanks Vicki...my girls love this every year! (although my oldest isn't rowing anymore, she still wants to participate. )
    ~Julie~

Loving life with DH, Sarah (12) & Lauren (8)

Just "bumping" this to highlight it so people don't forget to sign up!

This is always such a great thing every year
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

And now I'm bumping it again, Paige. Just a reminder that folks that are interested should post their info by Oct. 15th. It takes a week or two to iron out the kinks (missing address info, incorrect emails, etc.), and I want to make sure folks can have their lists by the beginning of Nov. if possible.

It looks like we have 15 sign-ups currently, so enough to run it--however, the more people we have, the better! It makes dividing up into lists much easier, especially if people want more than one list.

Also, in case anyone is worried they'll have too many people, I try to keep it to 8-10 addresses max per list.

Hi We have signed up to participate this year, but it has been a few years since we have done it. Are there any specific guidelines? Also if anyone has suggestions on what works best, I would love to hear them. I would like to get started at least with having an idea for what we want to make.
    Debbie wife to Jim, Momma to Rachel, Melissa, Jimmy, Joey, Abby, Susie, Katie, Noah and Nick MiMi(grandma) to Sophia , Hannah, JJ and Rhyot.

Deb, I think Vicki sends guidelines when she sends out lists, BUT typical things to think about:

* it should be something easy to mail that fits in an envelope -- you don't want it to break, and you don't want to break the bank with shipping
    * It CAN be FIAR related (kids typically love this), but it can also be "winter" related

Are you on pintrest? there are tons of ideas there

Some we've done or have received in the past:
    * when my kids were little, we did chenille straws and made them into candy canes with white and red pony beads (not FIAR related), I've received some snowflakes make of pony beads and chenille straws
    * we made a "raft" of popsicle sticks one time for The Raft
    * we've received a felt, "stuffed" apple pie
    * we took fabric that related to Wild Horses and glued it to cardboard to make a "picture" of wild horses
    * I typed out the Cranberry Bread recipe one time and laminated it, punched a hole up top and made a recipe card as an ornament
    * we've received kangaroos (Katy, No Pocket) and Bears (Jesse Bear)
    * I've used modeling clay to make Christmas trees that we painted and decorated and also pumpkins (The Pumpkin Runner) -- these didn't mail that well, and I had to resend a couple that broke in the mail (won't do that again).
    * we've received clothespin "sheep" (Warm as Wool") and paper "coats" made of scraps for The Rag Coat.

Lots and LOTS of ideas out there

Hope that helps! Keep asking questions if ya'll need more thoughts/input! My kids LOVE this every year!

Thank you Paige, this is very helpful I am on Pinterest, so I will get over there and take a look.
    Debbie wife to Jim, Momma to Rachel, Melissa, Jimmy, Joey, Abby, Susie, Katie, Noah and Nick MiMi(grandma) to Sophia , Hannah, JJ and Rhyot.

Hi all! One last call for the ornament exchange sign up--I suggested Oct. 15th as a deadline, but as I have a busy week ahead, I figured I'd pass on a few more days to you. I won't be looking at it before the weekend, anyway! Please try to sign up by this Friday, Oct. 20th, if you're interested. Thanks!