Thread: How to Make an Apple Pie and see the World - Ideas?

Default How to Make an Apple Pie and see the World - Ideas?

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this Forum, and I am hoping to get some ideas! Kind of quickly too... We are starting the book tomorrow and I know there will be A LOT to do with this book. I want to know some of your ideas and go-alongs and activities with this book :-)

And... GO!

Hey Stacy! Welcome to the forums! Glad you posted

Have you checked out the archives? Go to the main "forums" page where you see the different "rooms," and as you scroll down, there are Archived Posts for the different books with lots of ideas. Maybe you can get some extra help there Here's a specific link for this book.... http://www.fiveinarowforums.com/show...-See-the-World

I didn't read through all of what was posted, but some things I've done in the past:
    * cut apples "across" the middle (vice up and down through the stems) -- it makes a beautiful "star" in the center. Then we used the slides to "stamp" paint on paper and make pictures.
    * taste a variety of apple types
    * go apple picking
    * study Johnny Appleseed
    * we typically row the book Apples to Oregon after we do this book -- it's a family favorite that we absolutely love (I'll do an apple "theme" for two or three weeks).
    * bake an apple pie and/or make apple fritters and/or make candy apples (you could do a different recipe each day)
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Thank you, Paige!

After I posted that, I remembered another FIAR mom telling me to look through the Archives. I wasn't sure how to do so, so thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
    We are definitely going to make an Apple Pie (or two). I hope my boys will eat it! They always have turned up their noses at any pie, so perhaps since we will be making it together, they will be more likely to try it ;-)

Stacy, a mock
    Apple pie they may like is to
    Buy canned apple pie filling and either grands biscuits that you roll our individually or crescent rolls. Put a spoonful of filling inside the rolled out dough, then fold them up and crimp the edges. You can try them
    For fried pies or bake them.

It’s tye same idea but looks nothing like a real pie, so maybe they’d be willing to try it
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Welcome Stacy! We really enjoyed How To Make an Apple Pie and See the World. If you search this forum you can find ideas that others have posted that haven't made it into the archives. I used the advanced search to search for "apple" in the title only and got this list. Maybe they will give you some ideas.
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd10, ds8 1/2, ds7 and ds5 1/2.