Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo books?

Default Photo books?

Where's the best place to make photo books for Christmas? One of the kids' presents this year is that I want to make them each a memory book of our trip west this summer. I definitely want something that will have a coupon code at some point to get it cheaper I need to get started on it, though, so it's ready when the coupon comes up. AND, is it better to do an 8x8 or 8x11? I have A LOT of pictures -- 2 weeks worth of vacation. So, I need the most economical for a trip of a lifetime. Thoughts? I've never made an online photobook before.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

I have used snapfish & walgreens. Both were good but have used snapfish for most.

Snapfish has a lay flat option I like but it does cost more. I like it because my mom likes to lay the book on the table and look at it.

Most books the price includes 20 pages then a few for each 2 pages after.

I like the 8x11 size.

Both sites have all kinds of templates and you can change the template page per page.

Both places run sales. You can go ahead and build the books then order when you see a good sale. The other day snapfish had buy book get book (or 2) free. They run all kinds of sales. Just make sure to use the coupon codes when ordering, otherwise it will be $$.

Also I notice walmart has 5x7 books for $4. Just throwing that out there.

- - - Updated - - -

In the past I made my mom HUGE scrapbooks for Christmas. Last year I got the same stuff in smaller books and using coupon codes probably cost me the same or less than me printing photos, buying paper, glue & albums. Plus it was easier for my mom to hold and look at.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Michelle, did you know that Project Life has an app for scrapbooking & they just released soft cover books in the $30 price range. So you can do the digital scrapbooking & journaling then have them printed out.. I'm seriously considering this for Mom's birthday.
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.

Sunny South Florida ~ 3 miles from the beach!

You could also check out ~

http://www.zno.com

https://www.mpix.com

and Costco also has photo books.
    Alicia <>< Wife to Jeff; 3 great sons ~ Josh married to Jessica, dgds Madeline Spring and Caroline Bryant ~ Ethan married to Holly, dgds Annaleigh Grace and Addison Joy ~ and Micah.

Paige, this is a loaded question.

Best? Most economical? Easiest to use?

All difficult and some subjective.

I tend to buy from Shutterfly. Shutterfly is who I used for our West trip.I had to split the 10 day trip between two 8 by 8 books as it came out cheaper. I had to split the 10 day trip between two 8 by 8 books as it came out cheaper. One book had more added pages than the other, but I split them into 5 days each.

Shutterfly

They have deals often (even free books) but it gets tricky as their shipping costs are REALLY high. I always feel like I'm dealing with a used car salesman. Some coupons can be combined and others can't. If it is "free' you will pay for shipping. (You can play around with the coupons you use from a link on the cart page. That is where you enter the coupons, but you can select and unselect the coupons you are using and see price differences). There are always several coupons on the site and many online.)

My best suggestion is that if you decide to use them to go ahead and get your project done ASAP. Save it. Then, as you find coupons, order them. They'll probably have some good deals after Thanksgiving as they almost always run deals after major holidays and it is Black Friday.

ETA: I would look for a percent off (40-50%) off the books and with a free shipping code (SHIP49) . "Free book" offers don't include extra pages.
    Hollie, Special Needs Forum Moderator
    Wife to my best friend Tom and mom to 19yo Eli, 17yo Kyle, and 13yo Noah (with Down syndrome)
    If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. Ignacio Estrada

Good info, Hollie! Thank you!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Just jumping in to say that I usually use Shutterfly, and have always loved how they turn out! Also, right now they have a deal on at LivingSocial: https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/n...7_aid*11075635
    Mama of two lovely ladies: Carina (10) & Madelyn (8).

I've tried several companies. I think Shutterfly is the best.

I make several 8x11 books for my in-laws each year when Shutterfly offers a free photo book. They'll eventually become our family photo books.
    Julie, ds (18) dd (15)
    Word of the year: 2008-Be still, 2009-Abundance, 2010-Purity, 2011-Feed, 2012-Time, 2013-Relationships, 2014-Words, 2015-Community, 2016-Marriage, 2017-Let go

Sunny South Florida ~ 3 miles from the beach!

Julie ~ Which other companies have you tried? Why do you like Shutterfly the best, and do you order prints from there too?

And for everyone else, are there companies you have used and didn't like them? If so, why?
    Alicia <>< Wife to Jeff; 3 great sons ~ Josh married to Jessica, dgds Madeline Spring and Caroline Bryant ~ Ethan married to Holly, dgds Annaleigh Grace and Addison Joy ~ and Micah.

I love Shutterfly, but hate waiting for the sales!
    Eva~ child of God, wife to James, and homeschooling, ASL using, IEP advocating, encouraging Mama to my Special Lovely Blessings :Beauty 10, Bubbles 8, and Baby 6 via the miracle of adoption.