Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Choose on project or extra item on your to do list that needs doing. This is a week to tackle something out of the norm. It could be hoeing out a closet, deep cleaning something that's been waiting, washing curtains, cleaning a window, etc. Maybe you can choose more than one if they are small nagging items.

School Challenge: School flat surfaces

Inspiring Thought: We who live in quiet places have the opportunity to become acquainted with ourselves, to think our own thoughts and live our own lives in a way that is not possible for those keeping up with the crowd. - Laura Ingalls Wilder

For me today:
    • finish a blog post- this morning
    • video chat with my dad- he called three times last night And I wasn't able to say much beyond hello!
    • morning meeting- specifically to learn the status of robotics work (Saturday is the big day!)
    • visit with friends- we have a homeschool family in our driveway in their big RV (we may take a spin around the town to show it off a bit, but we may also just hang out)
    • check student work
    • blog work
    • homeschool planning- algebra and other things
    • jar up that broth- been keeping it warm
    • order a physics book- maybe

I successfully cleaned the shower yesterday and did a bunch of other stuff I didn't report on- sadly. It is a tough surface to clean well, but I have found the magic.

It's an early work drop day and then I need to get some writing done before everyone gets moving. Our guests will be here until 4pm when they head south to get out of the cold!

Last night they arrived after dark and we spent the whole evening hanging out in the RV. It was the best time I've ever had in my driveway! It's really, really big.

Have a fabulous day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

I hope you can chat with your dad today, Heather! How long are the RV people staying?

The first half of our day is at home, the second half out.
    *laundry--going now
    *school
    *ironing
    *15 minutes on the pantry
    *swim team
    *JoAnn?
    *volunteering
    *ds to library teen meeting
    *make dip
    *pick up ds
    *4H county meeting

That should take us to at least 8:00 or 8:30 tonight...At least we'll hit 60 today and the sun is out!!

Have a great day today, friends!

Jen- They are only staying until four. They were going to stay a few days, but it's cold. It was 27* when we got up (heading to 50*) and tonight it's going to 22 with a high tomorrow of 28*! They were enjoying fall in the northeast and it turned on them quickly.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Heather -- I am sorry about your dad. Hope y'all can talk today. Cool about the RV. Do they live in it full time? I watch those RV shows where people are buying an RV. Love seeing the insides of RV and I watch all kinds of house shows (house hunters, tiny home shows, extreme homes) cause I love to see different kinds of houses.

Jen -- Awesome on getting all that taken care of yesterday. Enjoy the sun!

Good bright and beautiful morning
    Beautiful sunshine but a bit chilly. It's 42 now. I am not on my porch but am sitting by the front window.

Today:
    pick a spot and work
    decide on supper

Short list. Way to many spots to chose from

Have a great day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Heather -- FUN about the RV people. I caught a bit of that yesterday, but I didn't fully understand what was going on

Jen -- a busy day!

Update on the soup from yesterday -- it was a HUGE hit at the house A new recipe!!! Hurray!!! As usual, I mixed a couple of recipes, so I used Amy's Chicken and Wild Rice Recipe, but I also took another one that I looked at online that didn't use any milk, and made some changes -- https://iowagirleats.com/2013/01/28/...ild-rice-soup/ Anyway, I combined the two, and it was delicious

Meanwhile, M. perked up a bit late yesterday afternoon. Hopefully the antibiotics were finally have the desired effect. But, she's still asleep this morning (8:40).
    Ben just got up 8:30, and he's still not feeling well, says his stomach feels nauseous.
    UGH. So, I don't know what the day will hold.
    K's at work until 2.

I know some kids will do some amounts of school (Cale is finally HEALTHY!!! -- the cold we had might be the longest-lasting in human history ).
    I need to do laundry.
    House is fairly tidy.

I'm just really not positive about the day. I guess it all depends on kids and how they're acting/feeling

Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

BTY -- Michelle or any people who make photo books, I posted a question about it on a separate thread yesterday. Can you please give me some tips? Thanks!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Heather: Yay for RV fun! I've been trying to get my dh to want to buy a RV. I really want one but we're saving for our log cabin so I don't think the RV is happening soon. I even convinced him to RV shop this summer. Window shopping only. Also, yay for a clean shower! I just bought a Method shower spray this week to try to cut back on my constant bleaching of the tiles and the dawn/vinegar mixture on the glass doors.

Jen: I noticed you've been working on the pantry lately. I like the 15 minutes thing. I may have to try that soon.

Paige: Yay for a new hit recipe! I'm glad you found a way to make the recipe work. I hope your kiddos are feeling better ASAP!

Michelle: I feel ya on the RV and tiny house shows. I tried to convince my 6'8 dh to go for a tiny house on our land. He said NO.

We are taking it easy today since my dd was fighting some gunky stuff yesterday. I doubt we'll leave the house. We'll most likely finish our lessons and then chill on the couch so she can keep resting. She's fever free today so that's great! I may also work on printing and cutting some emoji water bottle labels for dd's upcoming emoji party. We're taking a FIAR break this week and studying pumpkins and we're supposed to make pumpkin bread, but we may not make it today since she's still a bit sick. I'm rambling. Have a nice day, friends!

Elizabeth, I've been following along (very loosely) with FlyLady again, so I'm trying to tackle big projects 15 minutes at a time. With moving and trying to continue with all the normal craziness of life at the same time, there's just.so.much. to be dealt with still in the house, so I'm trying to make a dent! Part of my issue is that I really do have plenty of space, but I'm just not sure how to best organize some things. But I'll keep at it!

*got school done
    *15 minutes on the pantry
    *shredded some junk mail stuff
    *ironed dh's pants for tomorrow
    *washed a small load with a couple of dh's undershirts and slacks since I realized he needed some for tomorrow, and if the dryer goes out in the morning it wouldn't be enough time for his shirt to be dry!
    *put dip in the crock pot--hopefully that will work okay!
    *read a ton from Wonder--and bawled my eyes out
    *worked on the Thanksgiving tags for the food pantry where we volunteer

We're having lunch now--baked potatoes since I came across a few in the pantry that needed to be used up! And then we'll head to swim team and the rest!

Good afternoon, ladies! Well, maybe. I think the whole sick thing is really getting to me. I know Heather especially will cringe it at this, but we've always been the suck it up, lots of hand sanitizer, don't touch anybody and the show must go on kind of people. I can't remember EVER pretty much cancelling everything and staying home for what is almost a week. And yet, I'm getting LESS done than I normally do when we're out half the time. I. don't. understand. Meanwhile the stress is really starting to get to me, and I honestly don't know how to chill until I feel as though things are back under control, because yeah, I'm a control freak .

Anyway, I need to regroup, refocus, and get things together, because Dave is unexpectedly coming home TODAY (as in about four hours from now) and when he doesn't like what he comes home to, it just doesn't end well for anyone. I love my husband dearly, and he's a good man who works incredibly hard to provide for our family, but sometimes I think he thinks MY day comes with about 72 hours instead of 24 .

So far today:

• Up, dressed in cleaning clothes, and yeah.
    • Made bed, tidied bedroom & bathroom.
    • Put flea market donations back. Not happening.
    • Got load #1 (of probably 2) of laundry started.
    • Dusted/vacuumed stairs (TJ) and upstairs.
    • Collected upstairs trash. Lots of Kleenex !
    • Cleaned both upstairs bathrooms.
    • Processed upstairs-downstairs basket.
    • Tidied both kids' rooms a bit. I do feel bad for them.
    • Assessed school situation. Remarkably well.
    • Called youth pastor to cancel tonight's presence.
    • Email, FB messages, etc. All pretty quiet.
    • Updated list of things to do. Sigh.
    • Cleaned powder room. Guest-ready.
    • Phoebe advanced laundry & started load #2.
    • Talked briefly to Dave. We're eating out.
    • TJ left for Baltimore to pick up Dave.
    • Learned how to change the vacuum bag. Easy
    • Dusted (Phoebe)/vacuumed the downstairs.
    • Did a fridge purge. It's rather empty now.
    • Got a batch of iced tea brewing for Dave.
    • Put away last night's hand-washed things.
    • Loaded/ran dishwasher. It was full.
    • Decluttered kitchen counter (FLM). Liking it!
    • Cleaned out under the sink (FLM).
    • Sent a couple bags of trash to the curb.
    • Mopped the foyer & kitchen floors.
    • FB'd my cousin about a genealogy question.

Now I'm taking a break. Well, not really, but sort of. Need to do some desk work for a while. And wait to hear from my cousin or my friend who's a genealogy buff to help me with Phoebe's history project. She needs to figure out if any of her family members came through Ellis Island. Both my parents are gone, none of my grandparents were alive when I was born, and I literally only know the first names of my two grandmothers (well, I can figure out the last name of the grandfathers). I know there has to be a way to find out something but I really don't know how. Anyone who'd like to jump in with some help, please feel free! I mean, I think it's a fascinating assignment, and I really WISH I'd asked my parents more questions while they were alive, but there's a lot of things I really wish I'd done. Sigh.

Up next:

• Call Lularoe home office. A number of outstanding questions.
    • Email Toyota to arrange a test drive some time next week.
    • Do a couple of LLR FB posts. Monitor online sales through 7:00 pm.
    • Back up my laptop. Need to do some work with pictures.
    • Make sure everything is charged/charging for co-op tomorrow.
    • Work with Phoebe on schoolwork. She needs other help too.
    • Make decision whether to do table at bazaar; email coordinator.
    • Make up a list of information Dave needs for doctors' appt.
    • Empty/reload dishwasher. Otherwise do final tidy.
    • Dave should arrive home around 5:00 pm. Out to dinner.
    • Back home; run TJ to urgent care (green mucus = not good).
    • Pick up any scripts if needed. Pharmacy next door.
    • Back home; finish up any schoolwork as needed.
    • School things away for the week; backpacks packed.
    • Downstairs tidy; process up-down basket.
    • Process completed laundry; make TJ's bed.
    • Get Phoebe tucked into bed by 10:30 pm.
    • Finish up any last-call items. Hopefully none.
    • Final run-through of what I need to take/do tomorrow.
    • Bedtime for me. And oh, will be ready!!

My friend is FB'ing me trying to track down census data. She loves this stuff. Me, obviously, not so much.
    Cari in Pa -- Married to Dave for 27 years!
    Mom to nurse Sara (23), married to Mike, almost-teacher Danielle (20), train-boy TJ (16) and my little dancer/soccer goalie Phoebe (13)

Elizabeth -- I think the tiny homes are so neat. I also know my rear is to big for a tiny home and my 6'5 ds doesn't think they would be to comfortable

Jen -- you are doing great with your 15 mins

Cleaned the arms of the living room furniture & head rest of dh's recliner. Used the windex, damp towel & iron method. Worked for spots on floor so tired it. Worked good on furniture

Started going thru totes in my room

Taking a break in the porch. when breeze stops it isn't so bad.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds