Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Choose on project or extra item on your to do list that needs doing. This is a week to tackle something out of the norm. It could be hoeing out a closet, deep cleaning something that's been waiting, washing curtains, cleaning a window, etc. Maybe you can choose more than one if they are small nagging items.

School Challenge: Clean up from this week of school.

Inspiring Thought: There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you. - Beatrix Potter

For me today:
    • morning meeting- get our bearings for the day
    • poster work
    • finalize missions
    • finish commenting code- and J needs to finish a few demo missions to show off his code
    • make sure handouts are made for the judges
    • call my dad- possibly start reading Hank the Cowdog to him
    • laundry
    • buy a book for R's class- it's an extra credit book she needs to do a book report on
    • clean the kitchen- make decisions about tomorrow's early breakfast
    • blog work
    • update church website

Michelle- How much does one photo book run. That looks like an amazing sale!

Another alarm call at 3am this morning. That's twice in one week and hadn't happened in a long time.

Ladies, I received a call from my brother last night. We don't think my dad is doing well at this point. He's had a bad week. I talked with him for an hour yesterday morning, but he sounds weaker. He had gotten so stable over the summer, but I'm afraid he may be declining now. Perhaps it's just a bad week. He says he has good ones and bad ones. But, I think his frequent reaching out is a sign that he has a sense of urgency about speaking with us. I need to be checking in daily, I think and I regret not chatting with him more often these last couple of months when they've had consistent internet. My brother is going today and I thought I'd try reading to him. My dad would love Hank. Please pray that this would be fun and not awkward and that my dad is receptive of the idea!

We've got our first dusting of snow which is fun! It's only going to be 28* today.

We had a fun day off yesterday, but we have a lot of work to do for tomorrow's robotics competition. That is what school is today.

Have a fun Friday!
    Last edited by Heather W; 11-10-2017 at 09:29 AM.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Heather Prayers for your dad and for all of your family Are you planning to make another trip there?

Michelle -- I agree that that's a great deal. I just can't imagine that I can get my books "created" in two days I figure it takes a while to do them I need to just get busy with it!

We're a bit scattered today.....
    * start school
    * I'm going to take Mattie to Biology -- leave at 10:10 Probably be home about 12:30. I was going to have K. do it, but I have several errands that I need to run, so I guess I'll just bite the bullet and go.
    * more joint-school
    * the girls have a dance tonight -- an annual "hoedown" (country dance) with the homeschool group. Should be fun.
    * We're going to take them and then take the boys out to eat (they're thrilled ) and then peruse ToysRUs and ????? while we wait
    * Pick K. up at 9. Mattie's going home with a friend.

* Already have laundry moving.
    * need to get in touch with a couple of people about jewelry. Need to get that finalized.

Gotta go! Ya'll have a great Friday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Heather -- 8x11 -- hard cover books are $40, $50 if you want hard cover lay flat book

They also do other sales where the books are a cheaper price, like $10-$15 per book.

Just always check their page for coupon codes before ordering. Those really save the money

- - - Updated - - -

And generally they run that sale often in Nov & Dec
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Good morning!

Heather! I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. Praying that you all have some special times with him still!

Paige, enjoy your evening out!

Didn't get home until about 9:00 last night and then it was pretty much bedtime stuff. Kind of late getting around this morning, but we don't have to be anywhere early, so that's good!
    *laundry--regular load done and dryer hose still attached
    *our sheets--through washing and now in the dryer
    *our bathroom
    *school
    *go pay the Pier 1 bill--not sure why dh waits and goes into the store to do it instead of mailing it in, but no one asked me
    *skating
    *grocery pick up
    *ironing?--not urgent, but maybe this evening
    *sweep tile
    *vacuum living room
    *Bath & Body Works order?

Well, I may have ticked off my first person for the holidays. Sil texted earlier in the week about Thanksgiving at her house--where it usually is for dh's side of the family because she always hosts it for her dh's family, too. And this year they have more of his family coming and also her first dh's (they've been divorced as long as we've been married) dad and all of his sisters--and I guess their families? Anyway, about 30+ people in a house with seating for about a third of that, and we really know about 10 of the people that will be there. So we're going to my mom and dad's and my grandma should be there, and kind of hoping some extended family may be able to come in. While holidays aren't a huge deal at my mom and dad's since we're there every week, I'm also looking at the fact that my grandma is 87 and there are only so many more holidays she's going to spend with us...and I'd rather spend them with her than my sil's first husband's sisters. So hopefully that doesn't rock the boat too much...

It's going to be 60* and sunny today!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning, ladies! We have officially skipped fall here in southeastern PA... we're expecting a HIGH of 36 today, and going down into the mid-teens tonight. I feel SO badly (well, okay, maybe not) for the guys; they have round #2 of their open house, and will be outside for SIX hours with an expected high of 42. And wind. I'm guessing my coffee will be disappearing quickly.

So sorry about your dad, Heather. It was hard when my parents were struggling and I was only half an hour (and then 90 minutes) away. I can't imagine being further. Praying for all of you. As I've said many times as I've begun to watch friends and not grandparents, sometimes being a grown-up stinks!

Meanwhile, today is the last day of the fall term at co-op, which means (1) no more CPR, and (2) we get to come at 10:00 am instead of 9:00 am for the next ten weeks! We'll be back to 9:00 am for the spring term, but it will still be SO nice to have that extra hour for the winter!

So far today:

• Up, dressed & ready for the day.
    • Bed still occupied; did a partial tidy.
    • Quick check of email, FB, etc.
    • Packed up & out the door.
    • Outgoing LLR to the mailbox.
    • Dunkin & Wawa stops.
    • CPR class. She was late. Again.
    • Called Dave to establish dinner plan.

And the rest of the day:

• Work on making LLR numbers match.
    • Spend some time on bible study homework.
    • Supervise high school lit and another CPR class.
    • Lunch & more paperwork.
    • Supervise piano lessons for an hour.
    • Back home; unload car & all things away.
    • Upstairs; process laundry, finish tidying.
    • Probably run a load for Dave.
    • Discuss results of Dave's appointment.
    • Bake my first batch of cookies.
    • Dave said he would make dinner.
    • Advance laundry. Hopefully one will do.
    • Dinner; clean up if there's time.
    • Take Phoebe to dance; collect fundraising $.
    • One of the guys to pick up Phoebe.
    • Norwex party. At least it's adult interaction.
    • Back home; continue baking cookies.
    • Downstairs tidy; process up-down basket.
    • Process completed laundry (mostly Dave's).
    • Get Phoebe tucked into bed.
    • Finish cookies; clean up kitchen.
    • Load/run dishwasher. I would think.
    • Handle any LLR business as needed.
    • Go to bed. Because I'm already done.

So that's that. Trying to maintain a positive attitude, but not really there at the moment. I really don't want my house full of strangers tomorrow, even if some of them ARE coming to buy our clothes. I've used up all of my extrovertism for the week. Maybe even the month. Which is bad, because we have multiple events pending.

Have a great day, everyone. I'm going to work on the fake-it-til-you-make-it approach. I'll let you know how that works out for me.
    Cari in Pa -- Married to Dave for 27 years!
    Mom to nurse Sara (23), married to Mike, almost-teacher Danielle (20), train-boy TJ (16) and my little dancer/soccer goalie Phoebe (13)

Heather -- praying for y'all

Paige -- sounds like a fun evening for all

Jen -- I don't blame you!! Holidays are great but also a pain sometimes

It is another beautiful sunny day but I am NOT on my porch. It is 9am and feels like 33. Yep I am happily under a blanket in my chair

Ds1 is off today. He and boss worked longer hours last 2 days.
    Oh yesterday boss picked up his huge leaf vacuum that attaches to the mower. They were testing it out on bosses yard before starting out. I went out and asked boss "hey think that could vacuum my house?" I was thinking...man that thing could clean the whole house in a couple minutes Yeah it would all be gone but hey it's clean lol

Today:
    • wm - for ds1
    • small grocery, next town over
    • pick a spot & work
    • photo work...SOOOO far behind

Have a great day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Good Morning Ladies,

HW - Praying for you and for your Dad and family. That is so hard. Praying you can have some good time with him on the phone. Reading Hank out loud to him sounds lovely.

Paige -Sounds like a fun outing with friends!

Jen- I'm sorry the Thanksgiving thing is stressful. It sounds like you made a good choice and if your dh is cool with it, then I would try not to worry about it. If she brings it up, I would just say something like, "I am so sorry we can not come this year. We always appreciate that you invite us to come on Thanksgiving. My grandmother is getting older and we felt it would be good to spend time with her this Thanksgiving. I'm sorry we can't be two places at once." etc.

Michelle - Enjoy the cozy blanket!

Cari -I am sorry you are dreading the open house. Are any of your friends coming too? Sometimes it helps me to have comfortable friends around even when the required extroverted behavior wears me out. Praying it goes well for you tomorrow!

Dan had the day off, which I didn't realize until Wed. We have the last co-op.

We enjoyed sleeping in today and eating a late breakfast together.
    Dan is going to be working on some house projects.
    I have a few school things to finish up with the kids then we need to finish getting ready for co-op.

After co-op, we need to swing by the library because the librarian did not "unlock" the dvd cases for me when we went yesterday.

What I really want to do is curl up under a blanket, sip coffee or tea, and crochet or knit. I left my project upstairs so I would not be tempted.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Hey all

I'm back from the town trip with Mattie. Stopped by Publix and bought London Broil It's on good sale, and we haven't had one in ages. Jim will grill is tomorrow night. I bought 2 because we're having friends over

Heather -- SO sorry about your dad Praying you'll have peace and will know the right things to do

Jen -- agreeing with Angela -- wise words she said I can't imagine a "family" celebration with long-time ex-in-laws. Well, my "aunt" used to be included with some of our family for many things (and my uncle usually wasn't there), but then again, she and my uncle were married for 20+ years before they were divorced (long story....).

Angela -- enjoy having Dan home for the day

Cari -- hope the LLR shopping goes well. I understand about having too much social, though

Michelle -- thanks for the coupon code -- did I already mention that? I need to get busy working on that. Do you think they'll have another good sale before Christmas?

I need to go get the London Broil marinating in some Italian dressing (you poke it well with a fork and then marinate it about 24 hours then grill it. YUMMY!!!)
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Thanks for your prayers, girls. This is hard. And when siblings who never really talk to you call up, that's hard too. Stink. To all of it.

So far today:
    • printed items for the project poster- helped the boys prepare that for the display board
    • made sure J commented the remainder of his code and prepped it for printing
    • dried laundry that wasn't dry- dryer was on a different setting from our guests. oops.
    • hung a bunch of laundry- even pulled out the old rack to hang more (things from the line yesterday not totally dry)
    • ran a load of towels- that are waiting to be dried
    • found the team tee- it's drying after being washed. Phew!
    • enjoyed the rainbow resource Christmas catalog- at breakfast
    • had dishwasher emptied- and reloaded
    • made sausage and gravy- for the first time and made my own sausage from ground pork
    • more poster time- making sure other things are happening as well
    • met the plant committee chair at the door- to give her a pin for the 4-H table I'm not working at on Sunday
    • switched laundry- realized why the dryer still wasn't drying well and fixed it

So, it's more prep for tomorrow, a kitchen to clean, and dinner to prepare that's up next. I'll start with printing more items for the kids.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Heather -- good for you on the homemade sausage Enjoy! Our homemade sausage is amazing