Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Choose on project or extra item on your to do list that needs doing. This is a week to tackle something out of the norm. It could be hoeing out a closet, deep cleaning something that's been waiting, washing curtains, cleaning a window, etc. Maybe you can choose more than one if they are small nagging items.

School Challenge: Prepare for a new week of school.

Inspiring Thought:
    Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike. - John Muir

For me today:
    • breakfast and church with snack duty
    • make applesauce in the IP for church snack- it's pressuring up now!
    • collect the OCC boxes from church- it's collection week (and I still need to get our box together )
    • tidy the kitchen- even if it's my birthday Did some already. Dan will be cooking in there this afternoon.
    • play games!- Ticket to Ride all day long
    • blog work- because I have a post due tomorrow that needs sort of a lot of work yet. But, it's an Advent post so that's totally fun.
    • school planning- including co-op lesson. Hmmm....perhaps I should have done this earlier in the week. But, robotics work trumped all. I have to make my display board for Jules Verne class for co-op night. Good thing I like making posters.
    • make another blog purchase- I want a new microphone for podcasting and I want some writing software. I asked for them for my birthday, but Dan suggested the business needs to buy it. So, how about both? As in, buy it with my business on my birthday!

Today is church and birthday fun. Which will consist of playing games with my family and eating dinner and dessert. I have ordered up braised ribs with potatoes and an ice cream cake. For lunch, I will have my dinner leftovers from yesterday. We ate at the Texas Roadhouse and it's so loud in there. J did not last long and I was up and out of my seat a lot. It was fun to hang out with other parents though.

Have a great day and today I'm thankful for all of you!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

A generous number of smilies were used in my post today. How about another?
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!!

Happy birthday, Heather!! So sorry that the team did not move on, but I'm glad your parents got to watch!

I never got back to posting last night. Or working. After the party dd and I went to a couple of consignment shops and found her a bunch of cute tops. Then we had dinner, tried on all her new stuff while the boys watched a movie, and watched the OU game.

Today I really need to actually accomplish things. But first I need to make my list. Ha!

Have a great day today, friends!

Heather: Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Jen: Sounds like a fun Saturday night!

I have a baby shower in just a few hours. I need to shower and pick up a Target gift card.

Also to do:
    *Begin tidying for in-laws arrival later this week
    *Print and cut emoji faces and attach to toothpicks for cupcake toppers (dd's bday party is next weekend)
    *Cut emoji water bottle labels and tape to water bottles
    *Begin to organize pantry with dh for his organizing challenge with friends
    *Finish washing/drying laundry
    *Fold and put away the 4 loads of laundry and any I wash today! #alwaysbehind

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Elizabeth -- I am always behind on folding.

Jen -- sounds like a great Saturday night

Heather -- hope you have a great & relaxing birthday

Yesterday I thought I posted but guess I didn't
    Dh got up and went to an auction, for work.
    I had a rough morning. Just stuff, mood and my attitude. Stress stinks.

Yesterday afternoon we took boys and dropped them off at a birthday party. Shooting skeets party with great friends. They had an awesome time

While they were at the party dh and I went to wm and did some Christmas looking. Still NO ideas for boys or parents

Last night I was just lazy. I still felt stressed but was trying hard not to think and just chill with my guys.
    I ended up staying up WAY to late (alone) watching hallmark Christmas movies. Have I ever mentioned I like hallmark movies, especially Christmas ones

Today:
    • laundry
    • kitchen
    • meal plan
    • photo work!!!! SOOOOO far behind
    • supper
    • trash out & to road

Hope everyone has a blessed day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

I made a list!

I've done a load of laundry and been to church. Now I need to...
    *pick dd up
    *go to lunch at my mom and dad's
    *drop ds at the movies with friends...one of whom is the girl who has asked him a couple of places this last week. Not sure I'm ready for this.
    *Target
    *dd to choir
    *PTE
    *planning
    *ironing

If the sun would just come out I think that would help me some. It was gray and chilly all day yesterday and I didn't want to do anything!

Have a great day today, friends!

Thanks, everyone!

We are just back home from church and I'm warming up lunch which is leftovers from last night. I just filled a half sheet with stuff from the roadhouse.

So far:
    • peeled and cored apples and made applesauce in the IP- that freshly grated nutmeg smelled yummy this morning!
    • church and snack duty- took notes on website updates. I always pay attention when the pastor says, "you'll find this on the website". Like stuff just magically appears there. He's hilarious.
    • grabbed the OCC boxes and put them in the van- to take to the regional collection center
    • stopped for cider on the way home- for the ribs which, according to my calculations, will be ready super late
    • put stuff in the oven to warm up for lunch
    • started staging an Advent photo for my blog post- I found just the perfect evergreen sprays in a craft bin I sought out. So excellent! And I think they are picks from my mil when they were moving to the retirement village. Woot!

I will probably work on my blog post while Dan is working on getting dinner set (the dry rub has to be on an hour before braising for several more) and then maybe we'll play a game.

Have a great afternoon!

Happy Birthday Heather!!
    I hope your special dinner is fabulous and the game playing enjoyable.

Good Afternoon!

I've had a very productive Sunday, which isn't usually the norm for me. Since I missed out on being at-home for most of the day yesterday, I decided this morning that I needed to stay home and work on the house, for the sake of my sanity.
    I got a lot accomplished in the quiet, and it felt good. Ds10 chose to stay home with me, but he kind of did his own thing and I worked on the living room.

I won't bore you with the entire list, but the highlights included moving the computer tower off the desk and onto the little table with the printer. Way better. Then moving my little white table, that's become my work station, to the side of the couch. It fits nicely under the desk so I can push it back when I want it out of the way now. Moved the furniture all to the middle and fully vacuumed. Used the hose on the baseboards and windows, and they are ready for dh to put the plastic on. I also decorated the fireplace mantle for Thanksgiving!!! Finally. I even dusted and set out some other decor on the bookshelves. I was feeling very domestic this morning and my heart is happy. There's so much more that needs to be done, but for now it's good. I really let things slack for awhile there.

I also started working on my tutoring lesson, and that needs to be done before I go to bed. I learned a couple weeks ago that things go more smoothly for school here if I don't have to think about the tutoring lesson at the same time. Duh. But the lunkhead that I am sometimes, had to experience it first hand.

We went out for a nice lunch and I've been passing the time with fb for too long. Time to get back to the lesson. Ds10 is outside jumping in a big pile of leaves that dh just raked up for him. There's a ton that still need to be done out there though.

Enjoy!!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (2010 homeschool/Cornerstone Univ grad.), Erica (2012 homeschool/culinary/Ashland Univ grad.), Jacob (12th gr.), and Jesse (3rd gr).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Heather Hope you're having a great day

Elizabeth -- enjoy the baby shower. And, no fears, I'm great at keeping clothes washed, but folding them and getting them put away is another story....

Michelle -- the skeet shoot b/day party sounds fun

Jen -- hurray for a list!

Angela -- can't wait to hear about what you've been hearing about p.s......

Cindy -- glad you were able to stay home and get things accomplished.

Here:
    * we went to church this morning
    * came home and had leftovers for lunch
    * been finalizing all the jewelry stuff -- going to finish up that order this afternoon
    * about to work on organizing the discussion for Our Town (that was the Am. Lit. book club book/play for this week -- we're meeting to discuss it tomorrow night)
    * need to get a few other organization things done for the week

and, that's that. It's been a fairly calm day. Nice.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)