Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Default Monday DECLUTTERING

This Week's Challenge: Entryways, foyers, mudrooms, and laundry areas- clean them out, organize, pick up, and make these better spaces.

School Challenge: Book challenge! Bring out new ones, read together, narrate, organize, library business.

Inspiring Thought: Despite, and even in, the usual round of dishes and laundry, flowers or a well set table affirm home as a place apart from the whirlwind, a place where God's goodness is tasted and known. - The Lifegiving Home

For me today:
    • pick up a snack for co-op (requested for a class I help in)
    • finish planning my class for co-op
    • make my display for co-op night
    • co-op this afternoon
    • update planner
    • school planning
    • laundry
    • make plans to buy apples- picking season is over, but there are still apples to buy
    • co-op night- which will require packing up all the lego robotics posters too
    • blog work

Today is mostly about co-op and I have a lot to prepare, but it's the busiest day of the week. So, that is good!

Have a fabulous start to your new week, friends!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good Morning Ladies

CH1: The mudroom always needs attention here!

CH2: Yes, I swung by the library on Thursday, but we could use a longer trip soon.

IT: Good encouragement in a busy season!

So far:
    Bible reading
    e-mails and messages re: Women's retreat. We are trying to get together our promo stuff on-line and in print and need help! I think a young guy from church, he helps lead the middle school community, is going to help us - woot!
    made 3 dozen pumpkin muffins - yum!

for today:
    school - begin CM-style exams to end this term
    general cleaning and laundry
    I am making a meal for a friend with a new baby today. This always takes me longer than it should.
    We have community group tonight. **

I already warned Dan that in between cooking, school, and dropping off the meal, he should expect chaos when he comes home.
    Also, we are hoping to attend a community group again tonight.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning!

Heather, that is a lot of co-op! I hope it all goes well!

Angela, you've been busy!! Way to go!

I will happily share table pictures when they're here! The school room table is actually not very impressive, but it's just what I wanted. It's a small round table with a small drop leaf on each side. My plan is to have it up against the window, It's also my plan that dh will put blinds there. Ahem. We're making progress, though!

So far today:
    *load of laundry
    *cleaned hall bathroom--including organizing under the sink
    *cleaned out one fridge
    *made breakfast

To go:
    *clean out the other fridge
    *ironing
    *school
    *IEW--ds actually took the initiative and typed this up Saturday while I was out, so we just need to check for any more revisions
    *grocery order--I've been working on this, but I won't place it until this evening
    *call Pikepass
    *mail bills
    *4H
    *pack school
    *pack lunches

Also this week I need to keep working on clearing out the dining room, which has been a dumping place for the last year!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning, all

Heather -- I bet, in one way, it's nice that Monday is your busiest day -- you get that behind you, and then it's a better pace all week. Hope you have a good day!

We're up and moving (although most of the kids slept in a bit. Katie was up and gone early to work) ....

* I forgot the exterminator is coming at 9, so I need to pick up just a bit (dirty clothes out of my bathroom, mainly )
    * I'm already showered and ready
    * animals are tended to
    * girl laundry is already washing
    * I need to do some laundry today, too
    * SCHOOL for all, and start some Thanksgiving books with Ben
    * Leave for town about 12:45 -- run a couple of errands and then book club starts at 2. We're discussing Our Town today.
    * no clue about supper -- I need to figure that out and probably get something in the crockpot

Heather (and others), I need some opinions and maybe some options .....
    So I'm doing this Am. Lit book club, and it's for a group of about 7 or 8 high school girls, freshmen through seniors. There's one family in particular who is VERY sensitive about what they read (they stopped the Crucible mid-way through because they don't read about witches, etc., and they didn't realize it was all a hoax, and it scared her dds). I was going to try to do some more modern books, but I haven't read them, and as I've read reviews, there are at least 4 of them that deal with r@pe, incest, "coming" s@xuality, etc. I just don't think that especially the younger set are ready for that, and I do NOT think that that is the "common" experience for most people, especially this group of teens. So I'm looking for some other books that are/will be considered "classic" American Lit. I don't mind a bit of language, but I don't want just the "old, white men" books (Moby Dick, Cooper, Faulkner -- blah). We've read several plays, and they're tired of that, and so am I.
    Any suggestions/thoughts?

OK -- I had this written over an hour ago and am just submitting it....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

What about some Flannery O'Connor, Paige?

Heather -- hope your busy day goes smoothly

Angela -- what meal are you making for your friend?

Jen -- Yay for new tables and maybe th will put up your blinds

Paige -- do you do book club at your house or somewhere else? Just curious. No suggestions for your questions.

A chilly gray morning and I am fighting a headache. Sooo makes me want to go back to bed

So far:
    • morning stuff
    • saw dh & ds1 off to work
    • woke ds2
    • fixed breakfast
    • bank..drive thru
    • long discussion with ds2 about some schoolwork
    • hs group fellowship notes, planning, texts
    • cleaned 1 bathroom
    • found container for blocks...it doesn't work
    • made few notes on my week to do page

Also sat very still with eyes closed for awhile. Headache ramping up.I

I ordered some building blocks for my niece. I assumed they would come in a tub. Nope! Just shrink wrapped. I thought I had a container that would work but it is to small.I

Have a great day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

These are good places to attack! As well, our mud room has a powder room that needs a bit of a clean.

I have put the "turn the dining room into an office" project on pause until after Thanksgiving. Today we will call to invite folks to Thanksgiving.

Also, I have laundry to cycle through, our bedroom to tidy and vacuum, and that's probably all I reasonably can do this afternoon; Princess has a PT appointment.

This morning, the piano teacher has been here. Now we are off to drop the two middles at art class, and while they are there, I will do my Costco run. Once home, we will have a brief planning meeting for the next two weeks (DH's birthday, Kitty's friend coming in from Illinois, Thanksgiving, plus daily living)

After the PT appointment, I will run to the grocery, then home to nap in the chair before it's time to start dinner.

It's beautiful and sunny here, but very cold in the house. It's probably pretty decent outdoors, but I haven't ventured out to check yet.

I am pretty sure something is seriously wrong with me: I want a puppy.

Y'all have a great day!
    Robin, wife for 20 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 18yo Belle; 16yo Kitty; 13yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016: Be her.

Chugging along...
    *cleaned out the other fridge
    *read a bunch to the kids
    *showered
    *started a load of towels
    *helped ds as he finished up IEW
    *made lunch
    *paid pikepass bill
    *got other bill ready to mail
    *did some school

Now we need to finish up school!

Robin a puppy

Michelle -- we meet for book club at various places -- the library, a coffee shop .....

I ran errands
    We had book club. The discussion went really well, and the girls enjoyed it and participated lots. I think they all left feeling "better" about the book than they started

Came home.
    Made meatloaf. Stuck some tater tots in the oven. Adding some peas. Supper.

Nothing else exciting.
    It makes for a long day when you're gone all afternoon
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good Evening!

It's been a good day here for a Monday.
    I finished up some of my word lists early this morning for tutoring.
    Morning and afternoon school with ds10 was done.
    Tutoring was done.
    Paid some bills.
    Updated the school planner/journal.
    Dh and ds10 will be home soon from choral practice. Concerts will be starting soon!

Found out while I was at the tutoring center that there was a shooter this afternoon at our local hospital. Asked dh when I got home, and he didn't know, but he wondered why there were two helicopters flying around overhead. The hospital is only a mile or so from our house.
    A man shot a Dr. in the parking lot, and then shot himself. They just reported that the Dr. died from his wounds. They also said it was over a "shared love interest". So sad.

Tomorrow is geography club for us. Yay! We always have such a good time. We have the bones worked out, just need to give it some muscle. Ds10 has great ideas, and is such a good presenter. I guess it's from all that talking he does.
    Have a great evening.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (2010 homeschool/Cornerstone Univ grad.), Erica (2012 homeschool/culinary/Ashland Univ grad.), Jacob (12th gr.), and Jesse (3rd gr).