Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Common Areas- I have in mind some spiffing up and preparing for holiday decorations. So, pick up those areas that everyone uses and focus on details.

School Challenge: Computer desks and other school flat surfaces- clean them off and make them roomy!

Inspiring Thought: Some women made a new- fangled shape, round, with a hole in the middle. But round doughnuts wouldn't turn themselves over. Mother didn't have time to waste turning doughnuts; it was quicker to twist them. - Laura Ingalls Wilder, Farmer Boy

For me today:
    • morning meeting- likely called together later today with gingerbread
    • school reports- seriously today.
    • school planning- LA and art
    • Advent plans
    • get a video off of my phone- for J to put together with the video the other camera took
    • put up the winter garland
    • walk
    • choose a new daily planner- my homemade one is about out of pages. I didn't really like the format. I might go back to a store bought spiral.
    • nature journal time
    • blog work- post today. I'd have done more yesterday but my right arm was killing me. This morning I'm wearing my splint. Yesterday it just wasn't giving me enough relief. I may need a new one.

It's the last day of November! Wow! There is a heavy frost this morning or snow on the rooftops. It can snow any time now that we have our snow tires in place.

R finished NaNoWriMo successfully yesterday. She wrote 50K words in 29 days and her novel is finished. It's a fantasy novel about elves and time. Time apparently gets swindled out of his only job. I get to read it now. It's over 80 pages, but she forgot to do chapter breaks. So, that will be something to read and it will be over 100 pages once she formats it.

I've been reading, Story Craft by John Erickson. I'm right in the middle of a part where he describes Disney's interest in Hank the Cowdog. Hopefully, I'll get some time to read today. It's a smart thing to do if I want to give my wrist a break.

Have a great homeschool day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Lindsey - French pastries - yum!

HW - Congrats to R!
    We had never read "Hank the Cowdog," but with the last audible sale I purchased the first book as well as the Halloween book.
    We listened to the Halloween book first and are almost done with the first book. In fact, we arrived home with only 15 minutes left in the first book and my kids were upset when I turned off the car - cliffhanger!! These books are too funny!

CH1: We need to tidy up!

CH2: yep - mine is a bit of a mess!

IT: My girls are listening to the audio of this (I borrowed the CDs from the library). They were commenting on all the food they ate and Ashlyn told us about the "new fangled donut shape."

so far:
    everyone slept in
    Bible reading

up next:
    eat breakfast
    exercise - I need to find time for this. I am putting on weight again and had a hard time finding a nice outfit that fit last night.
    School
    grocery list
    dinner in IP or CP
    Ash has dance
    set up a meeting to plan retreat

Have a great day!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good Morning!
    It's a lovely, sunshiny morning. We've had 3 in a row. The birds have been enjoying the feeder too. There's a huge rain blob on the radar though for later today.

I have lots I need to do today thru Sunday. That's 4 days to get my December in order.

For TODAY:
    • make a checklist - or several - immediately!!!
    • school with ds10
    • what's for supper?
    • get started on above checklist
    • laundry

Short, but HUGE, at the same time.

I may or may not be back with details.

Have a great, last day of November!! This is hard to believe when I look out the window. So many trees still have leaves around here. It's crazy.

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by CINDY LB OH; 11-30-2017 at 04:24 PM.

AR- What a terrific experience you had last night! Hank is fun. The Halloween audio seemed older to me like he hadn't quite had the voices down. So, I didn't order it. We have several others.

Lindsey- sounds like a great school day! A French bakery is a delightful excursion.

I would love to make some fried apples this morning, but I'm not sure operating the apple tool is a great idea right now.

The news is just plain sad these days. Which in turn means FB is the same. I'm going to watch the student news and see if I can stomach it. Otherwise, I will change our plan for morning meeting.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

I never got back to posting last night...still can't get on on my desktop, and it's hard to get a turn at the laptop. ha! But I got everything done except our ornaments (why am I struggling with this??), so that was good.

Lindsey, that reminds me that I need to find a good French bakery to visit!

Heather, that is really cool about R's novel!

Cindy, that's great about your evaluation! I'm glad it's going so well.

Angela, it sounds like the play was great! How fun!

I enjoyed being home yesterday, minus the teen attitude. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. But today is a new day! I'm still the only one up, so it's easy to be positive.

*laundry--I didn't set this to start last night because I was waiting for the boys to get home and that wasn't until about 11:30
    *ironing--at least one pair of pants once they've been washed
    *school
    *sign kids up for sewing class
    *soup in the crock pot
    *swim team--maybe dd and I could work on ornaments during this...I think if I made a sample it would help them
    *volunteering
    *home for a quick supper
    *pick up my nephew and go see our friends in their play

It will probably be a fairly late evening, so my only goal once I get home is to get the laundry and coffee ready to go for the morning!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning, all

Angela -- the play sounds fantastic! So glad ya'll had the opportunity to go

Cindy -- for the evaluation! Great job!

Lindsey -- YUMMY on the French bakery. One year when we rowed The Pumpkin Runner, we were going through Atlanta where there's an Australian bakery/shop, and we stopped in there. The kids loved it! Good memories

Jen -- hope you have a good day! Sounds full!

Here:
    * I woke up with another headache this morning Several of us have been fighting off colds since last weekend when my nephews had one. It's not horrible, but I definitely have some congestion that's giving me a killer sinus headache. Mattie's had one, too, for a couple of days, and this morning Katie's throat is all messed up and hoarse from drainage. Yuck! I've taken meds, but they don't seem to be helping knock it out
    * school
    * continue to work on boy clothes -- I got started yesterday but there's a lot left to be done
    * photobooks! I have one started but haven't done anything else on it. I NEED to get that done, so it can get it ordered and so it will be here by Christmas!!! Finding the alone time to do it is difficult.
    * Peruse some Christmas stuff -- Heather (and all) -- ya'll will laugh at this -- I sent Jim the link last night to the structural engineering kit for him to weigh in if we should get it for Cale. His response, "BEN will love it." I said, "It's for Cale." "Yes, Ben will love it!" And that's true -- Cale enjoys stuff like that. Ben LOVES stuff like that. He said to order it for Cale.
    12 year old boys are hard to buy for.

Honestly, I'd really like to go shopping ALONE. Don't think that's in the cards today

* Waiting for a friend to call me back -- it's our month to clean the church, and we were going to do it tomorrow afternoon. Well, another friend is now having a get-together tomorrow afternoon -- her son wants to play football with the other boys, so it's a "play date," so to speak. Naturally, the kids want to go, which means we need to figure out some other plans. My kids and I may go vacuum and get started at the church today and get a bunch knocked out.

I need to figure out supper, too. Hmmmmmm.

Ya'll have a super day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Lindsey -- wonderful news about your mom! French bakery! Oui Oui

Angela -- YAY on good time last night!! Coffee was nice. I was given gift cards to the local coffee house for mothers day & my birthday. I have been very stingy with them so I could enjoy a great and not feel guilty. I do love their coffee too

Heather -- I am sitting in my porch as I type. It is 60! Damp from an earlier morning rain but still nice out here

Cindy -- You Can Do It!!!!!

Jen -- you will survive the teen years!!

Paige -- hope your headache goes away. I too am WAY behind on the photo books. Would help if my computer would stop changing the things I did to something else.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

We have fallen into the late, slow morning routine again But the boys have been so stuffed up that sometimes breathing/sleeping is hard. So I have been letting them sleep in (ds1 had been off work, boss on vacation).
    And I haven't been sleeping so great again. So when I do finally sleep I don't want to get up early.

Today:
    • insurance stuff
    • finish living room
    • finish back porch -- already looks much better
    • blankets up on windows
    • hall
    • dining room
    • update lists
    • figure out supper ???
    • Christmas parade
    • photo work

Tonight is the town Christmas parade!

Have a great one!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Good morning!

It's a beautiful day here! Unfortunately, we desperately need the moisture.

Moving a little slowly today. I woke up in the night thinking that I forgot important items that were on the grocery store list for yesterday's trip. I couldn't go back to sleep, and finally ended up getting up to check the list. But getting up early meant that I got to spend some extra time with Belle before she headed out the door for class. Her practical final is in two weeks. Assuming she passes, she will register for the written final immediately. Wow! This has been fast.

Kitty went with some friends - three senior adults from church - to the OCC packing center for a shift today. She was so excited! Princess and Boyo are working on TT math while I work on a project, then we will do science and math. I am going to take Mom to lunch today, and then run back to the grocery store to finish my list, then I will be home to finish doing things around the house.

The project: Now that Thanksgiving is past for this year, we are converting the dining room into an office space. We have to leave room for the cage pets (snakes and bird), and leave the dining room furniture in there as well. Step one has been to pull everything out of the side board and china cabinet in order to move them. They are now moved and the china cabinet is reloaded. However, I have to eliminate or relocate 2/3 of what was in the side board because it is going to become storage for office supplies. Stuff has been spread out all over the dining room and living room as I sort. It's been slow going. But the living room is almost back to normal; another half hour, perhaps. Then the top of the side board and the dr table and that phase will be complete. The next phase is to tighten up bolts and such on the dr table and then relocate the computer.

I hope y'all have a lovely and productive day!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 17yo Kitty; 13yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016: Be her.

I had a fairly productive morning in spite of everyone sleeping late and dh working from home for the morning. I got school done with ds, got the soup ready for the crock pot, read with both kids, did a regular load of laundry, a load of towels, and a load of sheets and got lunch made and all of us to swim team where I did math with dd.