Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

We started sunny today, but it's been clouding up. We're expecting rain at some point. Probably after the rain hits Cindy!

Robin- will you transform your dining room back into a dining room when Thanksgiving approaches or will this be a permanent change? Our dining room is what we call our media room. It has my writing desk and cubby of books, a long desk with two desktop computers and a corner crate shelf with our printer and paper, etc, a large bookshelf, and an early American cabinet. It's very big. The middle is empty unless we have our game table pulled up which is a 5ft diameter table with a white top (that you can fold and put away). I finally got a nice table cloth for it this year. This room has one very large set of windows and three doorways.

Cindy- Are you gearing up for a big December?

Update:
    • did algebra and Fred Physics with the boys
    • had J do his LA- which is a script for his upcoming video
    • got the videos to J- either by email or I uploaded them to YouTube for him to download
    • folded two loads of laundry and put them away
    • started laundry earlier and switched it
    • washed another load of laundry
    • dusted my bedroom
    • made up some gingerbread cookies- when they are ready, I'll call together a morning meeting

After that it's figuring out dinner and doing the last of the school reports. I'm sending them TODAY.

The recycling truck never came today. I wonder why...
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Heather, do you use your media room's extra table for eating space when you have lots of guests over?

Robin, I'm curious like Heather -- will you change it back to dining when needed?

I haven't accomplished nearly what I wanted today.
    We did do school -- I cut Ben's a bit short because my head hurt SO badly.
    I did go through 2 boxes of clothes.
    I talked to my sister a good while this morning.
    We did go and clean the church with another family. (that's a pretty big accomplishment)
    I tried to nap a bit in hopes it would help my head, but I dozed about 15 minutes, and it didn't help that much.
    I had some hot tea, and that seemed to help.
    Ben helped me cut up stuff to make chicken veggie soup for supper K. will make biscuits.
    Mattie, Cale, Ben and I played a game.
    I've folded a load of towels and washed another load of clothes (they're in the dryer).
    M. vacuumed downstairs for me.

Maybe that's more than I thought I did. I've just hurt and felt blah all day, so I feel like I'm not moving at normal speed and energy.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige- Yes, we use the table for eating when we have a lot of people over. It gets crowded in there this time of the year because we also have a small wing chair displayed from the family room because of the tree. But, it works. If we have a lot more people and it's winter instead of being able to use the POH, then we can use the school table as well.

Update:
    • moved the laundry- for the last time today
    • worked on the school reports- one is all done and most of the other two were finished, but I am doing more checks and I have one more subject to add for R
    • confirmed American Government progress- with R so I can finish her report up
    • loaded and ran the dishwasher
    • read to R from the book I'm reading- it's interesting to read the story of John Erickson and his writing
    • made gingerbread cookies
    • held an afternoon morning meeting and teatime- decided on current events from long ago after discussing a real life big molasses spill the kids remembered. So, I decided to have a narration from I15 on his Byline stuff.
    • picked up dh
    • made dinner
    • loaded up dishwasher again- I may add a few more things to run it again

Now I'm going to finish up those reports while I listen to Handel's Messiah. I haven't looked too deeply at the Advent plans with it yet, but I thought it would be good to find the version I like.

First, I need my splint again...my wrist is better but I'm not done with this flare up.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

I finished the reports! It took me about an hour and a half almost, but it's done!

Before I turned them in, I needed to make adjustments to the high schoolers' education plans to include a credit that was determined after I'd sent them this summer. So, I updated them and attached those along with the first quarter's report. Whew!

I also resent R's transcript form that they use to request the letter of equivalency. It was correct because I updated it when I created her official transcript. But, I hadn't sent it to the county yet. So, she is all set.

So many details!

I'm glad to have that off my plate. I usually turn them in around report card time for the PS and started them but hadn't finished all the work. Wanted them in before the month turns to December.

Now what will I do with all my free time tonight?

First up? To get over the threshold of 7000 steps for today. Less than 1000 to go!

Took my walk, I'm up to 9,188 steps for the day

Didn't do much else, but I did get a copy of R's book onto my giant Kindle. It's 188 Kindle pages long and she forgot about chapter breaks, so that's fun. I'm going to prepare to turn in and do some reading.

Have a nice night!

Never made it back on last night--after we left for swimming it was non-stop until we got home from the play around 10:45 and I fell asleep putting dd to bed close to midnight. I woke up at 2:30 with my glasses still on!

But everything got done and all worked out well, so it was a win!