Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Common Areas- I have in mind some spiffing up and preparing for holiday decorations. So, pick up those areas that everyone uses and focus on details.

School Challenge: Tidy up from this week of school.

Inspiring Thought:
    Modern habits and machines are not calculated to bring out individuality or the study of Natural History. - Beatrix Potter

For me today:
    • art- two kinds today, I hope
    • school planning
    • Advent plans
    • put up the winter garland
    • nature journal time
    • decorate the FIAR tree- it's been there all week and the ornaments are in a box waiting
    • drop into the 4-H office
    • prepare my new daily planner
    • switch calendars- two are done though I am still populating my blog's editorial calendar
    • clean two bathrooms
    • call my dad
    • pick up clutter on the first floor- put away Christmas boxes, for example
    • blog work- publish a post and prepare my calendar (which means setting dates for publishing posts)
    • prepare wreath embellishments- for our wreath making time at church tomorrow

I have some paperwork to turn in at the 4-H office, but we also need to do some art and, of course, the rest of our school work. Maybe I can go early in the afternoon and someone will come with me so maybe they can run up to the office.

Friday already!

I hope you all have a fun-filled day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning, all

Heather - my FIAR tree has been in a box on my dining room table since Sunday. I need to get that up, too. Don't know if it'll happen today or not, though

Here:
    * I need to get FIAR ornaments in envelopes and take them to the PO -- I have to go and pick up a package anyway.....
    * school
    * girls have a high school class at coop this morning, and they have history presentations -- they'll be leaving soon but should be back before lunch
    * we're probably going to a "play date" at a friend's house this afternoon with a bunch of the hsers from our church. The boys will play football, the little ones will play "around," and the big girls will probably just sit around and talk. That's from 1;30-5 (not sure exactly when we'll get there)
    * that means I need a PLAN for supper before I leave.....
    * I started intently working on book 2 of our trip west, so I need to continue working on that photobook so it can be ordered.

Don't think much else will happen with being out all afternoon.
    Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning!

We had a late night but I had to get up in time to call the community center to register the kids for PE since sign ups opened today. I thought about going back to bed, but I was good instead.

So far:
    *one load of laundry done
    *our bathroom cleaned
    *our sheets are in the washer
    *signed up for PE

The rest of today:
    *get clean sheets back on our bed
    *school!--ds has two papers due for IEW that they have to return before break and he already has one done, so he'll knock the second one out today so we don't have to think about that on our trip next week!
    *sweep tiled areas
    *vacuum living room
    *grocery pick up
    *post office--need stamps
    *Hobby Lobby--maybe...
    *work on ornaments tonight--for real!!

Mostly at home again today, which should be lovely!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good beautiful morning friends

I stayed in the bed longer than I should have but I was comfortable. I didn't allow myself to think of to do lists or bills or other worries. I was awake a lot during the night with worries etc. So this morning I just relaxed.

Then I spent some time on my porch, beautiful sunshine, blue skies, some trees still have vibrant color leaves and I heard and watched a squirrel chattering. Man he was really fussing about something It was a little chilly, 44, but the sun felt good on my face!

Today:
    • laundry
    • insurance stuff
    • living room ..couple stubborn spots
    • wrap the few presents I have
    • hall
    • dining room - maybe...or maybe it will be junk central for a while longer. We have tv trays Yeah it's BAD
    • blankets on back porch windows
    • photo work

Yeah basically same list all week

Last night was out town Christmas parade! Our hs group had a float.
    Three dads ride in the cab of the truck (4door truck)
    The bed of the truck was full of kids and the trailer mostly full of kids and about 10 moms walking behind. I was one of the moms walking.

It was fun! And the kids had a ball!!

The parade route is over a mile long. When we got closer to the end I asked...how are we getting back to our cars. One mom said...we have to walk back.
    The end of the route was close to my house. I looked at one of the other moms and said...I am going to my house She asked if my car was home & would take her to her car

Actually the guy stopped the truck and all the moms squished onto the trailer and we rode back to the starting point.

It was a fun night!

HAPPY DECEMBER 1st
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Michelle - That sounds like a great night!
    Paige - Have fun at the "play date!

Jen - good job to you and ds for getting those papers completed!

HW - We just put away our Christmas boxes this morning!

Good Morning Ladies,

so far:
    Bible reading for me
    made a cooked breakfast - oven pancake
    Dh was out early for work for a couple of hours, then came home. He has been working from home since
    Advent morning time with dh
    school

up next:
    lunch
    meet friends at the science museum

dinner - ? left overs

have a great day!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good Afternoon!
    I just lost a post I started typing up.
    Hope you are all doing well!

Angela- still praying for you and I hope you enjoy the science museum!

Michelle- I was so excited to see your front porch when you posted those pictures! Now I can see you on your porch

Jen- It's clean sheets day here, too. I have one more bed to make after this.

Paige- hope you have a fun play day!

Heather- making wreaths sounds fun. Are they made with live greens?

Lindsey- any word on how your mom is doing?

I hope to bake some cranberry bread after I make our bed. We are having a dinner meeting with my sister tonight. If you could say a prayer, I'd appreciate it. Sensitive subject .

Enjoy the rest of the day. Wish I didn't lose that first post, but better run now....
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Hello Ladies,

We had a great visit with friends at the science museum. In many ways, this mom and I are very different, yet we are good friends. I don't see her very often any more, but we can always have real conversation, which is a gift!
    She was one of the first friends I had here in Richmond. We met at MOPS and she invited us to the church we now attend, but now we are at different campuses.

Amy - Saying a prayer for you and your dinner meeting with your sister. Praying for grace and understanding.
    Cranberry bread is always a good choice!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Amy, I'm praying you have a good discussion with your sister!

I hope everyone has had a good day! I am beat. I just sat down here at the computer and it's the first time I've sat down to not do something specific. Well, I guess this is something specific, but it's just for me!

*ds got his other paper written, I edited it, and he typed it! I'll get them printed and we'll drop them by on Monday!
    *other school with him and dd was finished
    *stopped for frozen custard as a treat for finishing up writing with a good attitude
    *post office--I got the Snowy Day stamps for our cards
    *took dd to her friend's house--her mom texted to invite her over
    *got some sushi for ds for lunch
    *picked up groceries
    *worked on building a Christmas Lego house with ds for 2 hours--we had Guardians of the Galaxy on, but I got distracted looking for the perfect pieces for my Christmas lights so I'll have to watch it for real later
    *picked up dd
    *vacuumed
    *wiped down most of the common area baseboards
    *swept most of the tiled areas downstairs--will do the rest after we eat
    *got clean sheets on our bed and tidied the bedroom
    *tidied cat area in laundry room

Now dd is down at our neighbors' house having dinner. I would probably not usually let her go from one friend's house right to another's, but this little girl will be moving to Texas at the end of the school year. We are so sad about it! But I think she'll be home relatively early because the dad makes the 5 hour drive home on Fridays (he's there working already) so I'm guessing they'll have the extra child go on home in good time. I need to have her shower tonight so she'll be ready for the Christmas parade tomorrow morning when ds and I get back from swimming.

Tonight I need to get chili meat ready for tomorrow, sweep, and start cutting out the ornament shapes!

Amy Hoping all is going well.

Angela -- glad you had a good meet up with a friend

Jen -- sounds like you got a lot accomplished!

Lindsey -- I've been wondering about your mom, too.

Michelle -- FUN!!!

The playdate went well. It wound up cooling off significantly from what it was supposed to be, so for the moms sitting outside, it was chilly. The kids had a ball, though. And the girls enjoyed the visit.

I wound up picking up burgers from a small town place close to us for supper.

And I've been working on photo albums every chance I can sneak to the computer (like now).
    Right now, kids and dh are watching Narnia, and I'm about to get back to work

Hope ya'll have a nice evening!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Any -- praying the talk went well

Paige -- you will get the books done! Yay for supper pick up.

Jen -- whew you have been busy

Angela -- glad you had a good time!

• blankets on back windows
    • text with some hs group members about Dec dates
    • updated calendars
    • laundry
    • online Christmas looking
    • little work in kitchen
    • spent time figuring out supper
    • photo work

Not sure what else I did
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds