Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Default Saturday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Common Areas- I have in mind some spiffing up and preparing for holiday decorations. So, pick up those areas that everyone uses and focus on details.

School Challenge: Long range planning and prep

Inspiring Thought:
    A life of character and virtue is unsustainable unless you are held by a power and vision greater than your own. - Sarah Clarkson

For me today:
    • wreath workshop- make sure I have everything we need to bring and it will be all morning
    • stop at the mall- because our church is right up the road and get a few things
    • tree work- on the bedroom tree to make it stand better and get lights on it. Decorate FIAR tree.
    • call my dad
    • check in on holiday list- maybe make some more gift purchases
    • put up the winter garland
    • change the hall calendar- upstairs whiteboard calendar needs December on it
    • blog work
    • clean up our mess from yesterday- tidy up first floor
    • cement Advent plans- for both home and church
    • read more of R's book- 161 pages with no chapter breaks on my Kindle

Excited to have had time out with Dan last night and we have three more fun occasions ahead of us this month between a lab party, a choir dinner, and our anniversary. I love December!

Have a fun December Saturday, everyone!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Heather -- glad you had a good time last night

Greetings from my porch
    So pretty and peaceful out here. Sunshine, blue skies, 53*, beautiful colors on a few trees, birds chirping, squirrels chatting & playing.

Enjoying while I can. This week out temps are suppose to get in the 70s one day then drop to the 40s the next.

Today's main goals:
    • photo work
    • meal plan
    • enjoy the weather

Going to fix another cup of coffee and enjoy the peaceful for a little longer.

Have a great Saturday friends!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

We are back from the wreath making workshop. It was a good time and the wreaths turned out beautifully!

So far:
    • packed up and went to the workshop- three grapevine Christmas wreathes made. Took ample pictures while there.
    • mall- picked up a birthday present and some stocking items (in secret) and a few supplies at Michael's. I found a canvas size that works REALLY well for my boys and I found the perfect place to display them! So, I got four more.
    • bought a spiral for my new daily planner- I want to love the fancy planners. REALLY want to love them. And they are on deep sales right now, but I cannot love them. I made a full size planner with grid dot paper and I don't like that either. I'm going back to a five star MEAD notebook in the size just down from 8.5x11.
    • kitchen was cleaned while I was gone- hooray!
    • solar batteries were topped off with water
    • put up the wreaths- two are on the front porch. oh my! I's looks amazing in my white rocker and R's looks so sweet on the front railing. The big wreath is on the front door and was already there. I found the perfect spot for mine above the pantry door in the kitchen. Swoon.
    • took lots of pictures of the wreaths- in place!
    • the last of the sticks were moved- from our fallen trees. They are near the fire pit. It's good wood for burning and the pieces are small for starting.
    • the porch pumpkins were taken to the compost pile in the garden- we are fully Christmas on the porch now.

The boys have a birthday party this afternoon, but I don't plan on doing the transport for that. Not sure what is next.

Michelle- Enjoy your porch! I was out taking pictures on the front porch, but it's only 30*. Not great POH weather.

What's everyone else doing today?
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good afternoon!

We had to get up and out early today and have just now slowed down!
    *ds to swim team
    *back home--got chili in the crock pot for tonight and picked up dd and our neighbor
    *Christmas parade
    *lunch with friends
    *library
    *toy shop
    *mailed Christmas cards

Now I'm home until it's time to take ds to the movies later this evening. I'm hoping dh and dd will watch a movie together and I can work in the school room, but we'll see. Also:
    *laundry--I threw in ds's swimsuit this morning, but I need to do a real load
    *ornaments--I'm embarrassed that this is still on my list!
    *school room
    *movie drop

It's gorgeous outside now--It was cold this morning, but the next three days should be in the 70s, followed by three days in the 40s.

Have a great day today, friends!

Good afternoon!

Heather- your wreaths sound so pretty! Glad it went well.

Jen- wow- you have had a busy day- hope you can get to the school room!

Michelle- it’s currently 46 degrees here. No joke. I feel lost without the snow and cold

Today I woke up to the alarm so I could walk/run and decided I was too tired. Then I changed my mind and got up. I did my 1/2 hour on the treadmill. Got ds17 going, took a shower and made breakfast. Dd is Home- a real treat.

I washed some windows, but they still look streaked. I dropped off salad for a funeral at church, got gift cards at the local coffee shop and at Walmart. Came home and Dd helped me decorate a spruce tip pot. Now I am sending out a couple birthday cards and then I’ll make flash cards for ds14.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the day! Thanks for the prayers last night. Our dinner went well- tough stuff about planning my nephew’s care if something happened to my sister. She’s fine, but we want to be proactive. Things are more complicated because her son is developmentally delayed and in a wheel chair, our ds is disabled and I’m only human. Praying she accept what we can do and have peace. Hard stuff.

I’m off to wrap up things before the guys get home from wheelchair soccer practice
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Hey all

Amy -- that is tough!

Heather -- the wreath-making sounds fun! Glad you and dh got away last night

Michelle -- we're having the crazy weather here, too. By Wednesday it's cooling off for at least a week

Jen -- I haven't mailed my ornaments, either. We've made them, but I need to get a "hanger" string on them and then get them in envelopes. They're all on the bar at the moment, glaring at me every time I walk by .....

Today:
    * we tidied a bit this morning
    * M. and I ran out and did a bit of shopping -- some Christmas, some needed things -- we were gone a little over 2 hours. Not bad, really, but neither of us are shoppers
    * dh took the boys and ran a couple of errands. Thankfully, he took care of buying both boys mud boots -- they'd both outgrown their other ones. Check!
    * dh bought me flowers while he was out and about Sweet!
    * Home for lunch
    * rested a few minutes -- it's Saturday
    * and now the afternoon looms -- really not sure what's on the agenda. I need to fold clothes -- two basketloads await me in my room.
    * I need to go through Ben's side of the closet (and Cale's -- going to start with Ben's) and weed out what doesn't fit. I went by the thrift store today and bought him 3 pairs of jeans and a pair of khakis that actually FIT him (he needs a husky, and Cale didn't).
    * I need to figure out supper -- no clue at this point We ate out "in" last night, so can't do it again tonight.... I NEED to go to the commissary -- I'm running out of food again.....
    * photo book work?

* Katie's worked mid-day today. She should be home in an hour or so....

That's it for now.
    Hope ya'll are enjoying your Saturday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Ornaments have been started! I made one as an example and I think it will be fairly easy to assembly line them!

I put clean sheets on the kids' beds and I've started a load of laundry--I may try to do two today. We'll see...

Next up is dinner and then the movie theater run.

Hello Ladies!

Ash had a dance competition today. She did well, but I think I may need to ask about one her scores. I hate to be "that mom," but she scored last place in a dance that we thought she did her best in. It would be good to know if she made a "fatal" mistake -but Dan and I didn't see it.

I had to stay and volunteer at the competition per our requirements for "company."

After I got home, I:
    relaxed for a few minutes
    tidied our bedroom
    wrapped several gifts
    made pistachio "fudge" - I don't think it is real fudge, but it is good!
    made dinner
    we ate and cleaned up

up next:
    relax a bit

HW - The wreaths look great! (I saw the pic on FB)

Michelle - I hope you got to enjoy the porch weather!

Paige - How sweet of your hubby! What did you decide on for dinner?

Jen - I hope the ornament making is coming along well!

Amy - That does sound tough! I'm glad the conversation went well.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Jen for starting ornaments!

Angela -- I would probably ask, too, especially if you thought that was the best one

We had tacos for supper. Quick, easy, and I had all the ingredients. I had Katie stop at the store for tomatoes and lettuce on her way home from work. Done.

I've been working on photobooks.
    Spent some time outside and talked to my mom. The weather was nice this afternoon.
    Kids cleaned out the chicken coop.
    Been perusing amazon and other sites for a few things on my list to buy -- got some in my cart on amazon.

Nothing else exciting.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige- I spent some time outside too staring at the tree lights from my bedroom window! But, just to be outside for a while is so nice. It's a little cold to sit still outdoors right now. I hope we get some snow before long.

Update:
    • put up the winter garland- finally!
    • put one of the new mixed media pieces in the powder room
    • winterized my foyer vase- took out the fall leaf pick and put in two different Christmas stems. Which leaves me with a lone stalk of teasel with a burdock type plant with a few evergreens. Looks really nice.
    • lit the tree in my bedroom- should have done that days ago! It's beautiful. But, Dan hooked up the power reader to it and it uses a whopping 180 watts. I'm allowed to run it from dusk until bedtime. He really wants me to use LEDs.
    • did a bunch of FB posts- on our wreaths and the tree
    • made dinner- and enjoyed it with the four of us. The younger boys were at a birthday party until 7
    • talked with my dad
    • cleaned my desk- while I talked with my dad

Ok...the last important thing I need to do for the day is solidify my children's church lesson for tomorrow. I hear there are a couple of difficult kids in the group these days. I hope I'm up for the challenge. This is not my favorite gig. My kids have long aged out of it and I do it one month a year to be a team player. I much prefer one week of VBS crafts. But, I choose December because usually it's a short month and the teaching is easy. Advent. The Christmas story. Crafts.

So...time to get that lesson ready. I'll see if I can post some pictures of the wreaths and the tree.