Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Common Areas- I have in mind some spiffing up and preparing for holiday decorations. So, pick up those areas that everyone uses and focus on details.

School Challenge: Prepare for a new week of school.

Inspiring Thought:
    Advent is a time to step into a world of imagination and wonder. Itís easy to be cynical about the holidays, but if we can allow ourselves to feel some deep delight or let our imaginations run wild in the wonder or even the silliness of the season, we might be surprised into seeing both ourselves and Godís world differently. - Advent in Narnia

For me today:
    • prep for children's church & get breakfast
    • church
    • populate hall calendar
    • school planning
    • blog work
    • renew my NYPL card
    • tidy school spaces
    • laundry
    • holiday list- more shopping?
    • nature journal
    • play a game
    • make a new bullet journal

I don't have a lot of time this morning to get a lot done. Hopefully this afternoon will be more relaxing.

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

We've got a lot to do today. Our 4H Christmas party is tomorrow, then we leave for a few days, then come right back to dh's clinic party. So we need to be prepared!

*laundry--washing now
    *church
    *lunch at my mom and dad's
    *ironing
    *clean out car
    *choir for dd
    *choose treats for the party and stuff to take on the trip--not sure if we'll get to the store today or not, though
    *work on ornaments--I'd like to mail those before leaving on our trip
    *print IEW papers so we can run those by tomorrow
    *have kids email gift exchange game questions to our 4H leader

That should keep up pretty busy!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning, all

Jen -- where are you going? I must have missed it....???

Heather -- hope children's church goes well!

Lindsey -- saw your post .... you're staying BUSY, as always Are your kids getting excited about headed back to the US for Christmas?

Here:
    * Got up and enjoyed coffee and then started moving
    * made lunch for church today -- stayed in the kitchen awhile
    * dh helped clean up the kitchen
    * got kids moving
    * when Ben came down, he was miserable He's been battling the cold my nephews had at Thanksgiving, and he's had ear pressure for 3 days. I think he might have lost the battle to an infection (ACK -- my boys and their ears!!!). Plus, his throat looks bad -- not sure if it might be strep????
    * SO, Ben and I are home from church. Guess I'll take him to the dr tomorrow. Last time I tried Urgent Care on a Sunday, we were there 4 hours. I think it can wait til tomorrow I'll dose him with Motrin and a decongestant!

* the rest of the family is at church
    * Ben is watching Gumball
    * and I just submitted an Amazon order
    * next up is working on the photobook while I have time and just 1 kid to distract
    * if I have a minute, I'll start working on Ben's closet -- that still needs to be done.

Hope ya'll have a great Sunday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige -- hope Ben feels better

Jen -- where are you going?

Heather -- hope you can find time this afternoon

So far:
    • porch time
    • talked Christmas ideas over with dh
    • made bed
    • started load laundry
    • gathered towels for next load
    • vacuumed
    • organized the wrapping paper box
    • swept porch
    • emptied dish drainer
    • washed dishes
    • advanced laundry
    • cleaned popcorn machine - we had popcorn last night
    • started updating Christmas lists/presents
    • ate lunch - dh fixed it
    • made tea
    • washed dishes & wiped down kitchen

Rest of day:
    • photo work
    • make tea wreath
    • enjoy my porch

Have a blessed day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

FINISHED the photobooks HURRAY!!!!

Now, Jim needs to double-check my memory and then I'll order the books tonight.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Michelle- How nice that your husband made lunch! I was just out on the POH hanging a few pieces of laundry. Might hang more when the next load of wash is done.

Paige- So sorry to hear you all picked something up at Thanksgiving. I hope you finished your photobook!

Lindsey- Children's church is for ages 4-8 and there's a couple of kids that come sometimes with their grandmother. They are a handful, but they were not there this morning. We had two kids. Whew! And next week is a baptism of two of the kids in our class so that ought to take some time out of class next week.

Jen- I saw that you are going somewhere this week, but where do you get to go?

So far:
    • prepped a story- grabbed the Adventure Bible which is NrIV and that worked
    • prepped some names for Jesus- for the garland
    • made pancakes
    • dishwasher was loaded and started
    • church- made it through children's church on a communion Sunday!
    • had laundry started
    • made some leftovers for lunch
    • rant to the store- for carrots and a few things
    • folded a load of towels
    • switched the laundry- hung some up
    • started a new load of laundry
    • filled in the calendar in the upstairs hallway- dh even looks there

Now I'm sitting in the kitchen enjoying the sunlight in here and I'm going to do some blog work for a while.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good afternoon!

We are headed to Great Wolf Lodge for a couple of days. Hopefully it will be fun! The kids have wanted to go for ages!

*went to church
    *cleaned out the car a little--will vacuum tomorrow
    *one load of laundry done--another is washing now
    *lunch at my mom and dad's--the kids stayed after to go see my grandma with my mom
    *took a nap!
    *one IEW paper printed and ready to go--about to see why the second one won't print!

My mom is dropping dd at choir and then will bring ds home. I may run to the store after I pick her up. Or I may not. I can't decide!

Jen- that sounds like a fun trip! Your kids can't get enough of the water!

Update:
    • blog work- made a few notes and listened to a few minutes of the Pirate History Podcast. Fueled a long term debate in our house about whether Francis Drake was a pirate. E holds fast to his opinion that he was a privateer which was a government sanctioned pirate. He stole stuff from people on the sea. Isaac says he was commissioned by the crown so he was not a pirate. Hilarious.
    • had the laundry switched- hung out one more item on the line
    • tidied the game table
    • played a game- my new Ticket to Ride Heart of Africa which was enjoyable. The kids turned us down so it was just Dan and I.
    • got dinner into the IP- I hope the stew turns out well. We're waiting on it now.
    • cleaned the kitchen- after getting dinner cooking, I took the time to clean the kitchen well. There were dirty dishes but just general clutter. Whew. It's better.
    • had a few things picked up in the school room

Now I'm in my bedroom sitting in front of this glorious tree. I'll see if I can post a few pictures of our decorations. It would be no big thing, but picture size can be a problem. So, it takes time. Stay tuned.

After dinner, I think we are playing Scattergories and then I will get back to my writing. I really want to publish this post tomorrow.

Jen -- that should be a fun trip

Heather, funny about the pirate stuff

BTW, I ordered the 1910 expansion for TOR today -- it's on sale at Amazon for $16 at the moment. https://www.amazon.com/Ticket-To-Rid...ticket+to+ride
    Heather, this IS the one you suggested, isn't it

Cale went and played at the creek with the neighbor boys this afternoon.
    M. went and visited their teen dd.
    K. had a CFA Christmas party.
    Ben's watched tv all day. Just not sure about him -- probably going to go to the dr tomorrow.

Had leftover/whatever you wanted for supper.
    Now, everyone (except me) has settled in to watch Star Wars 3 (it's been voted on that since the newest is coming out that we need to rewatch ALL the old ones beforehand....)

I think I'm going to take a bath.

After that, I'm not sure. I have stuff TO DO. Just nothing I WANT to do

Ds and I went to pick up dd from church and when we got back I had them email their gift exchange questions.

I did iron a couple of work outfits for dh for this week. Technically he has the entire week off, but I am sure he'll go in tomorrow for a bit and maybe Friday, too. It's just too hard to be completely gone for that long when you're the one in charge.

Ds's IEW papers are printed, marked, and in the envelope to take by tomorrow!

Next I'll fold the second load of laundry I put in and then have some supper, watch some TV, and work on ornaments.