Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Default Monday DECLUTTERING

This Week's Challenge: Extra spaces! Whether it's spare rooms, guests rooms, school rooms, craft rooms, basements, garages, etc take the time to tidy up the places we don't spend a ton of time in.

School Challenge: Book challenge- organize, pull Christmas books, rearrange, assign reading, library business.

Inspiring Thought:
    And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than look down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. -GK Chesterton

For me today:
    • school time- including planning and morning meeting
    • prepare new bullet journal- I found the perfect book for it
    • holiday list- continue shopping (I ordered a few things last night)
    • clean some bathrooms- two need it
    • laundry
    • renew my NYPL card- which requires sending proof of address. It's sort of a pain.
    • tidy my studio- it's got piles and I need to work in there.
    • nature journal time
    • blog work

Today will be sunny and mild at 50*, but snow is headed our way at some point later this week or early next. Before that it will get cold again. I will enjoy the sunshine while I can!

Our December is almost empty of anything on the calendar- unusual for weeks leading up to the holidays! This is the quietest month we've had since last spring. Other than a few dr's appts and some fun things in the evenings, our squares are empty. So, I hope to take advantage of that and enjoy some baking, ornament making, art, and regular school this month without much to distract us.

Have a fun first Monday of December!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning, all

Heather -- that's amazing that your calendar is almost empty! Our calendar is filling up FAST -- Thursday night is a business-related Christmas dinner for me and Jim ( date night at a nice restaurant!), Friday is something for the kids, Saturday is caroling, etc., etc. Next week just has 1 thing (I think) but the next week already has several things. 'Tis the time of year.....

Here:
    * Just got off the phone with the pediatrician -- I'm taking Ben in at 9:30 -- we'll leave no later than 8:40.
    * will probably run some errands afterwards
    * not sure if M. and C. will go with me or will stay home and work on school (K is at work til 2)
    after that -- schoolwork of some sort
    * try to get ornaments in envelopes to mail tomorrow
    * Ben's closet? Yep. That's still on the list.
    CLEAN UP -- the house just seems to be out of control since we got back from Thanksgiving -- there's clutter everywhere It's starting to really, really bother me!!! Gotta do something about it. And the kitchen needs mopping.

No clue about supper- --- Oh, I forgot I have leftover pulled pork from yesterday. We'll have that with sides.

and I'm off......
    Hope ya'll have a great Monday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good Morning Ladies,

HW - I hope you can enjoy the quiet December and soak up the season!

Paige - Praying that Ben gets some help at the Dr's and recovers quickly!

CH1: Nice challenge. I need to find guest sheets and a bed skirt for his "new" queen size bed.

CH2: I just got off the library site and was requesting more Christmas picture books.

IT: Nice!

so far:
    slept in a bit, unintentionally
    Bible reading
    made breakfast for the fam
    directed kids to their chores
    library requests
    put away a bunch of folded laundry

for the day:
    shower for me
    start dishwasher
    school
    dinner in CP
    more laundry

community group tonight
    PTE/ grocery list and errands list for tomorrow
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

wreath 2.jpg

This is a shot of my front porch with all three wreaths. The one in the rocker is Isaac's. The one on the railing is Rebecca's. The one on the door was a door prize a few years ago.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

wreath 6.jpg

This one is mine. Simple and sweet.

wreath 1.jpg

And I hung it up above the pantry doors in my kitchen. Swoon! I'll need to find more ways to decorate it when the greens go bad on this one.

wreath 5.jpg
    For fun...I kind of love the wreath in the chair.

Good morning!

Heather, the wreaths look great!

Paige, I hope the doctor visit goes well!

Angela, did Logan get the new bed?

So far this morning I've only showered and done a load of laundry. I'll at least do one more load of towels today, and maybe regular clothes, but we'll see...
    *laundry
    *clean out car--including vacuuming it
    *take papers to IEW
    *Walmart
    *bake cake for party tonight
    *Hobo to our old neighbors' house--dh will be doing this
    *pack! Mostly swim stuff, but I guess we'll need some regular clothes, too.
    *map for tomorrow--I always like to have a hard copy and look over the route first
    *clean out fridges
    *hall bathroom
    *ornaments--we're more than halfway done
    *4H--we'll go early to help with the Cloverbuds party

A full day! I'd like to get in some formal school, but I'm not sure that will happen...

Have a great day today, friends!

Ok next up are the master bedroom tree pics!

room tree 2-.jpg

room tree 1-1.jpg

So, this is pretty glorious. The tree in the window can be seen from far away at night. Mission accomplished!

The tree is so bright that the candles wouldn't come on. I had to make adjustments.

I haven't put a skirt around the base yet, but it's super cute!

It uses so much power because they aren't LEDs that Dan only wants it on when it gets dark. I might sneak some time in on a gloomy day. And yes, he put his kill-a-watt thing into the wall to see how much it costs him to light the tree!