Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Heather -- LOVE the tree & wreaths! Enjoy the free time!

Jen -- have lots of FUN!!!!

Paige -- hope Dr appointment goes well

Angela -- maybe sleeping in will give you more energy for the day!

Breezy and warm today! Heading near 70!
    Ds1 is heading back to work today.
    Ds2 has plenty of school work to do.
    I have errands & cleaning

Today:
    • laundry
    • bank
    • library
    • bills
    • store - stuff to finish gift, bread, milk & coffee??
    • pick a spot & work
    • vacuum - did this yesterday but some stuff tracked in
    • fix couch??
    • photos

Stayed up WAY to late again. Was thinking/wotrying about a bunch of stuff.

3 weeks from today is CHRISTMAS
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Hey all

Heather -- love all the pics! The wreaths are beautiful and look great. And the bedroom tree is fantastic! I think it's funny that Dan's checking power usage

Michelle -- so did it actually get to 70 today? Oh MY -- here in AL, it was supposed to be partially sunny and 66. Then they changed it to 64. And it actually only hit 61 and has been COLD and gray and windy all day. Brrrrrrrr... I came home and started a fire -- the house was chilly! (Now I got it too hot )

Update -- THANKFULLY, Ben does not have an internal ear infection You cannot imagine how relieved I am! He does, however, have an external infection, which just means ear drops. That's okay. Whew! Unfortunately, we were at the dr's office for 1 hour and 45 minutes and saw the dr for 5 minutes or less. Misery!!!

Afterwards, Ben and I went to this store called Dirt Cheap (ya'll have heard me talk about it before) -- it's a closeout store and gets stuff from all over. At Christmas, they have lots of toys, and they had THE LEgo set he wanted for Christmas -- the BIG one -- a minecraft one that costs $120. I'd told him no way, but they had it at this store for 50% off, and I get a 10% military discount on Mondays, so I bought it for him to put under the tree for $54. That (other than a bike from santa) is his big present -- there are other small things (and books ). The box was crushed in places, but he told me he didn't care and he didn't care that he knew what he was going to get. Okay. I bought it. I was hoping to find some great Legos here before Christmas. Last year, I got the boys several sets, including, the week before Christmas, the Ninjago big ship (again, normally close to $150, and it was closer to $50-$60) -- that was their dream present, but I'd told them no way, but Santa surprised them I LOVE deals

That's that.

We've tidied downstairs and vacuumed. I need to mop, but I also need to cook supper.
    So, supper wins.
    Chicken and dumplings (it's cold!) -- good soup weather.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Thanks everyone for taking a look at the pictures. That new tree is a lot of fun. It made a long journey here from Maryland in the spring. Thought sure we took it when my inlaws moved and was dismayed to learn last Christmas that it had not made the trip yet! So, it's extra lovely that it's here and lit.

Update:
    • algebra- didn't go so well today. I15 is sick. Boo. On many levels.
    • conferenced with R- on her final project for the class at the community college. Gave her ideas, helped her prioritize, and reminded her of a few references she can use. I think she is off and running. Her class ends next week. The next one starts the week after.
    • held morning meeting- in the afternoon, but we had our Advent study and played a game afterward. It was good.
    • had R do some of her laundry- I need to check on that in a few minutes and do some folding of boy laundry.
    • started my new bullet journal- this one is a for real bujo and the December calendar is done. Now I'm about to look up how people design their daily pages. I finally have a journal I like working in. Perfect size. I ordered it from Amazon. This one is 70 pages so I maybe should order the new one soon. I hope they are still selling them.
    • made dinner
    • had dishwasher emptied
    • swept the kitchen floor earlier today

That's been my day. A lot of conversations today. Also emailed dh with some updates on the boys' health. We decided on some next steps for J's migraines. The med isn't working at the dose he can tolerate. So, we are going to try some suggested supplements and we are going to try two diet eliminations (separately) before going to a bigger med. I15 is not feeling well. Hopefully he will recover, but he reports being tired all the time again. This is not the good news! We were hoping he was finished with Lyme. Sigh.

I need to move some laundry and catch up on some walking. Then I WILL FINISH A BLOG POST!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Paige -- AWESOME deal!! Don't know if it got to 70 but was close.

Heather -- so sorry I15 isn't feeling good and J is having trouble too.

• school
    • load laundry
    • library
    • bills
    • stores
    • made wreath

Not happy with wreath and after wasting a lot of time at stores looking for supplies.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

My Decembers are never empty. It’s our busiest time of the year. There are times that I would love to have a laid back Christmas, but I also find it so rewarding to get to share the hope of Christmas with those that have never heard of it.

Here’s how I spent my Monday:
    -took the dc to school
    -went back to bed for a bit as I didn’t sleep well the night before
    -laundry
    -math
    -phonics
    -grammar
    -science
    -unit study
    -grocery shopped
    -picked up kids from school
    -talked with a visiting church member
    -helped make dinner
    -made around 75 sugar cookies
    -decorated sugar cookies with the kids
    -practiced piano
    -made some chocolate chunk cookie dough and popped it in the fridge

Here’s how I spent my Tuesday:
    -slept in a bit. I had a headache when I went to bed that kept me up late. So dh took the older dc to school today
    -baked the chocolate chunk cookies from the dough I made Monday night
    -baked a double batch of oatmeal raisin cookies (at least 50 of them)
    -baked a half batch of pumpkin cookies
    -phonics
    -math
    -science
    -read aloud to Hudson
    -unit study
    -updated my lesson plans/school record
    -put together a tray with around 100 cookies on it for the older kids school
    -made a Christmas card to go with the cookies
    -delivered cookies to the school and picked up the kids from school
    -made stir fry for dinner
    -wrote a Christmas newsletter

Still to do:
    -fold laundry, dh washed a bunch today
    -practice piano

Heather, I like your wreaths and tree
    Paige, sounds like you got a good deal!
    Michelle, how nice to have a warm day. It started out foggy and gray here. It eventually cleared, but it only made it to the low 50s.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 17 years and Mom to Wesley 14, Adelaide 12 and Hudson 10