Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Extra spaces! Whether it's spare rooms, guests rooms, school rooms, craft rooms, basements, garages, etc take the time to tidy up the places we don't spend a ton of time in.

School Challenge: Book challenge- organize, pull Christmas books, rearrange, assign reading, library business.

Inspiring Thought:
    This lamppost is a living thing. No one lights it, no one extinguishes it, and it burns without fuel. The White Witch’s winter hasn’t snuffed it out. It is a boundary, but also a promise that Aslan can make broken things new and alive. It is a beacon in the face of the dark, cold spell that lies on the land. - Advent in Narnia

For me today:
    • school with morning meeting
    • school planning
    • plan to eat
    • clean two bathrooms- enlist help
    • laundry
    • renew my NYPL library card
    • tidy my studio
    • nature journal
    • FIAR tree
    • vacuum
    • blog work- top priority today
    • walk
    • read
    • holiday orders- see if there is anything I can do here

It's is windy and crazy out there this morning and it sounds like that is what we have in store today. Between that, dh using the car this morning, and not being ready with PTE, I think I'll be going to the grocery store tomorrow morning instead of today. I'd rather go in sunny, calm weather at the time I usually go instead of insisting on today after he is done with the van.

So, I will get my list together instead. Sunday we are hosting the after party for carolers from church. I don't expect a large group, but I do need to plan the meal. Next Wednesday, we are hosting our plant science committee meeting with some holiday cheer thrown in. I think we'll bake for both occasions and I need to decide on the meal. Which is why PTE is important over just running to the store.

But...I'm out of Coke. Gasp.

Have a wonder-filled day with your kids! (no matter their ages!)
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good Morning!
    Lots of rain going this morning. I was up around 6am and have been working on my tutoring lessons. I now have 2 students as of yesterday. I sat in on the assessment with the director and will start tutoring sessions tomorrow with her.
    After next week we will be on a three-week break from the tutoring center. That will be nice. I have lots to do for Christmas. We haven't put up any decor in the house yet and I'm ready.

We've had some warm weather in the 50's for the past several days. Today is the last of it. It's going to nose-dive to real December temps from here on out. A little snow would definitely be a welcome sight.

HeatherW-- I love your Advent in Narnia quotes. I love those books and haven't read them with ds10 yet. I'm thinking this should be the year.

For TODAY:
    • keep working on tutoring plans
    • get supper in the slow cooker.... beef stew ... the beef is currently thawing in the sink
    • school with ds10
    • school planner/journal work for December
    • pick something from my huge to-do list
    • shop for new pants... I need some winter grey casual pants and a nice pair of black jeans or something

Erica will be home around noon today. I'm not sure what her plans are other than going to the chiropractor. Maybe she'll go shopping with me.

Enjoy!!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (2010 homeschool/Cornerstone Univ grad.), Erica (2012 homeschool/culinary/Ashland Univ grad.), Jacob (12th gr.), and Jesse (3rd gr).

Lindsey -- cookies

Cari -- is all ok with you?

Cindy -- sounds like the tutoring is going good

Heather -- yeah a good day to stay in and plan
    Other day dh was going to store for work. Asked if I needed anything while he was there. I said cokes. He kinda frowned. I said..coke, adult beverage or I start shooting people with the dart gun, your choice He said..cokes are on the list.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Michelle

Lindsey -- agreed -- lots of cookies

Cindy -- for a new student! I know you're doing a fabulous job! But, a break is always nice!

Heather -- lots of entertaining again -- and I thought you said your calendar wasn't full? Hosting two events is FULL!!!

CARI -- I've been thinking about you, too, and wondering where you've been?!?!?! Anyone know????

Here:
    * already have laundry going
    * still searching for some gift ideas. Hmmmmmmmm..... Dh mentioned last year that he wanted an ash vacuum for the wood stove. Well, he must have seen on my Amazon orders that I ordered one, and he's not thrilled that THAT's what I picked So, now I'm back to starting over. I'll return the vacuum ......
    -- I actually do have an idea, but I need to run to town to a specialty store and check out some stuff, so we may do that this morning..... (his car radio is broken, and I know he'd like a Bluetooth replacement, but I have no idea about size, etc., and he plans to keep the truck several more years...) -- the boys helped me figure out that idea
    * school
    * closet
    * fiar ornaments.
    ALL 3 of those last ones have been on the list. Need to do something about that.

Gotta run!
    Enjoy your day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good Morning Ladies

Cari - I've been wondering about you too!

Shay - I miss seeing you on here as well!

Cindy - I know you are a blessing to your students and to their families! I was asked what my favorite book was the other day, I think it is the "Chronicles of Narnia." I can read those books over and over and they don't ever get old!

Paige - I need to get something for dh too!

Michelle - Glad he got your coke!

HW - I hope you have a good day at home! And yes, hosting two Christmas events is busy!

Y'all, my kids have been fighting a lot and it is driving me crazy. They also have been giving us a lot of grief in terms of push-back and not wanting to do what they KNOW they "ought" to do. I'm tired. They are wearing me out and they know it. I am sure it is just a season and I need to stay consistent and push through and all of that, but I am tired.

goals for today:
    school - will start as soon as I get off here
    lots of errands
    laundry
    general picking up.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Paige - hope you can figure out the gift!!

Today: basically same list as last few days
    • school
    • photos
    • vacuum..what happened??
    • present list..ideas..etc.
    • PTE
    • decide about wreath
    • supper??

Colder today. We are already at the high, 48, and cloudy & breezy.

Lots of wind and rain (1inch) last night. Ds1 and I went out earlier and repositioned the blow ups & blew them up so all the water could get off them. They moved after being deflated last night.

Ds1 wore his Santa hat over his cap as he went to work this morning Probably won't actually wear while working (interfere with his ear protection) but I thought it was fun that he wore it.

Ok gotta get moving!

Have a GREAT day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Paige- that is a great gift for your dh. I bought one for my husband's Saturn several years ago. He just sold the car, but the stereo was perhaps one of the best things about it! His had a hands free thing for answering the phone through the speakers, etc. It was awesome.

AR- sorry to hear that your kids are bickering and wearing you down. Our dinner last night was so loud and having a table full of teens and almost a teen means lots of banter and hurling insults.

So far today:
    • did some social media blog work
    • started a load of laundry
    • got everyone moving
    • took dh to work- he had an appt this morning so I was home until he returned
    • picked up a Coke and some cider on the way home- to make a raisin glaze for the ham
    • switched laundry and started more
    • got J working on a CAD design- he's designing a mount for his raspberry Pi camera to attach to his tetrix robot. He'll send the design over to dh who can have it printed at one of the labs. This kid wants a 3D printer so badly!
    • loaded the dishwasher and started it
    • confirmed that R and I (as in me) will go to see Murder on the Orient Express- just need to figure out when

Ok...I'm supervising chemistry and calculus is happening across from me. But, my laptop battery is low, so I'll go plug it in.

I wonder what's for lunch. We are out of bread...
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Angela -- just stay strong...it will pass!

Heather -- glad you got coke!

Why do I make a list? It's like I make a list then go on my merry way doing whatever I want

So far:
    • school started, stopped & back going
    • load laundry started
    • baked batch of Nannies cookies
    • Mama's
    • goodwill & big lots
    • coffee house

My grandmother, Nannie, hard to make the fruit cake cookies at Christmas. Nannie was mama's mom. Nannies use to make the 1st batch the 1st part of Dec. I like to do the same and take my mama the 1st batch..if possible

After baking I took the cookies to mama & stepdad. Also took stepdad a Christmas word search book. He likes word searches and I found a Christmas one at dollar tree.

Visited awhile then ds2 & I stopped at goodwill (have an idea on mind and hoping to find something cheap to work with). Then Big Lots (next door). Again different idea.

On way home ds2 says "stop at the coffee house I want to buy you a coffee.". Walking back to car after he says " hope that helps with Christmas stress"

Now I need to see about doing something on my list

Michelle-- your boys are so sweet about taking care of you.

Moving right along here. Despite all the wet, grey dreariness, it's been a good day.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies!~

Cindy - So glad you are having a good day!

Michelle - I love your cookie-making tradition - how sweet! And your boys are sweet too!

HW - Let us know how you like the movie, I heard it was pretty good!

I am back from errands with all the kids.
    We have a couple items of school to finish and then I need to start dinner.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.