Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Quick pop back on .....

HEATHER -- did your dh have problems installing the new radio, or did ya'll have someone do it? I wound up at Best Buy (the local store went out of business ), and the installer told me that you have to have all kinds of extra parts, etc., etc. That "maybe" dh could install it himself, but ????? Hmmmmmmm...... Dh is pretty mechanical and can fix about anything. I just don't know WHAT to buy. The "big" double display, touch screen would take a lot of modification, but the others he said out slip in BUT had to have some configuration. HMMMMMM. It's almost like the guy back-tracked when I said that dh would do it himself. So, I'm not sure how much I actually believe. The radio was about $100, but the install (plus parts) would be $233 That's MUCH more than I want to spend.

THOUGHTS?

Headed up to Ben's closet....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige- I was given a link as part of a list, but I can tell you that it was just the normal kind not the kind with the big display screen. Decide what features you want and then figure out which one fits in your husband's truck. He should be able to install it, but it will require opening the console and taking the old one out, etc. I want to say it was about $120 or so for the radio and he installed it.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Quote Originally Posted by Heather W View Post
    Paige- I was given a link as part of a list, but I can tell you that it was just the normal kind not the kind with the big display screen. Decide what features you want and then figure out which one fits in your husband's truck. He should be able to install it, but it will require opening the console and taking the old one out, etc. I want to say it was about $120 or so for the radio and he installed it.
    THAT's what I was thinking and that's more like it Thanks!

Now I'm off to take Mattie to a babysitting job.....

Never made it to the closet -- started wrapping presents and filling out a rebate form and dh called and .......
    so goes the day.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

After making dinner and enjoying it, I took R and we went to see Murder on the Orient Express. It was delightful! I'm not really a movie person, but every now and then there is one that I'd like to see. This was worth it.

Of course, it's been so long since I'd read the book that I couldn't make much of a comparison between it and the movie.

I'd also like to see The Man Who Invented Christmas, but as far as I can tell it is not playing nearby. The closest theater is an hour away and I'm not going that far for it. What a stink.

I worked in my bullet journal, finished up laundry that I was doing this afternoon, and messaged with a friend about seeing her when we travel for the holidays.

Hosting Events- these are two small events really, but it's true that making food can be busy. I need to get making cookies. Our busiest times this month are in the evenings with special holiday things. This Sunday will be the busiest day all month and of course, I wasn't including the week between the holidays which will be break neck with seeing everyone.

Not sure how to make that travel time different, but it will be another whirlwind.

Have a great night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

I didn't get to sleep until late so I was tired this morning. So I ended up taking a nap. Here is what I did today:

-made pumpkin muffins
    -took kids to school
    -set up for playgroup
    -called to RSVP for a party that I can't attend
    -picked up a mom and tot
    -hosted playgroup
    -took mom and tot home
    -grocery shopped
    -phonics
    -science
    -took a nap
    -picked up kids from school
    -made chicken, salad, and baked potatoes for dinner
    -swept
    -dusted
    -folded about 5 loads of laundry
    -practiced piano

That's about it for me. We'll have to do a little extra school work tomorrow, but December is just such a busy month for me it can be hard to keep up.

Heather, I love Agatha Christy. That sounds like a movie I would like.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 17 years and Mom to Wesley 14, Adelaide 12 and Hudson 10