Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Extra spaces! Whether it's spare rooms, guests rooms, school rooms, craft rooms, basements, garages, etc take the time to tidy up the places we don't spend a ton of time in.

School Challenge: School flat surfaces

Inspiring Thought:
    When children say its time to leave, they mean, Its time to leave. When grownups say so, they really mean, Its time to begin thinking about leaving sometime in the near future. - North or Be Eaten: Wild Escapes (A Desperate Journey. And the Ghastly Fangs of Dang) by Andrew Peterson

For me today:
    • finish up on PTE
    • make a present stop- something I ordered for pick up in a store
    • grocery store
    • school and morning meeting
    • update planner
    • vacuum
    • art
    • laundry
    • clean two bathrooms
    • renew library card
    • take J to get his glasses fixed- he had a crazy fall and bump on his head the other night
    • call my dad
    • blog work
    • nature journal time- I've been working in my bujo instead the last several days

That's about it, but there are a few things that have priority today besides buying food and doing school. One of them is writing.

The sun is out today and that is pretty glorious to me!

Today's IT brought to you by Joshua. I love to see what he highlights as he reads a Kindle book. This one was worth sharing.

Have a fun day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

Heather -- how's your dad doing these days? I think you referred to this last night, but aren't you planned to go visit around Christmas?

Lindsey -- Your days are FULL! Pumpkin muffins sound

Here:
    * Yesterday wound up being a completely different day than what I anticipated -- the whole head out and search for a local store for the radio, etc. I think I mentioned (yesterday was scattered) that we drove around and around and finally stopped to ask about said local store -- we were in the right place, the store was on google, but they'd closed SO..... that then led to the trip to Best Buy and a stop into Old Navy next door. We were close to Stein Mart, and I'd been meaning to run in there and look for Jim a couple of shirts. Then it was lunch, so we popped into Sams (by then we were on "that" side of town) for pizza. Whew! Definitely not the day I anticipated! Needless to say, we didn't get the schoolwork done I thought we would. So be it. We're okay with where we are, so it's not that much of a big deal.

Today has a bit of running, too.....
    * start school this morning
    * leave with Cale (and maybe Ben?) nlt 10
    * drop off FIAR ornaments at the PO -- got them ready, and now I just need them in envelopes!
    * go by the library and meet up with a lady from coop -- she's moving and was teaching the Am. Lit class. I'm taking over next semester (not excited about this, but there's no one else, and both of my girls are in the class, so I'm it). Get the teacher's books (coop purchased them), and she's supposed to give me an outline of what she's taught/was thinking about doing. We'll see what that entails.
    * Cale has mandolin practice at 11:15
    * finish and be home about noon
    * more school
    * continue to work in Ben's closet (I did get a good start yesterday)
    * girls to piano at 3:15-5:15. K. will drive them
    * figure out a plan for supper

And that'll be another day.

Hope ya'll have a glorious Wednesday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Wowza it is COLD this morning. Right now 31 feels like 26

The IT is definitely dh & dss

Today:
    • sheets
    • look for extra blanket for bed
    • paper work
    • photos
    • cookies
    • work
    • go over lists

Trying to convince ds1 to wear an extra jacket today. My never cold guy was chilled all yesterday evening. (cooler, damp & wind yesterday). He is a little stubborn

Have a great day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Paige -- did you order your photo books? Noticed they had buy 1 get 2 free sale. They may have other sales going on too.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Good Morning Ladies

IT: That is a great quote - and so true!

Michelle - What kind of cookies are you making today? I told the kids we would make some, but haven't decided what to make yet.

Paige - Will the Am. Lit class be in addition to the class you are currently teaching?

HW - Looks like a busy day! Is J okay after his fall?

so far today:
    Bible reading
    breakfast
    supervised morning chores
    followed dh to mechanic so he could drop off his work car

up next:
    get school started - it is late!
    make cookies with kids?
    work on a crochet project
    look for a gift for dh on-line
    plan women's retreat planning meeting
    dh will be home late. It is his work Christmas party and the fed. government does not spring for spouses. In fact, they don't pay for the Christmas party at all.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Paige- My dad is doing ok. His oxygen use has gone up, but that should help with some of the difficulties he's been having (like falling if he walks). However, there is a limit to how much oxygen the machine can deliver so he can't keep going like this forever. We are going to visit at Christmas. I'm just trying to discern when the best time would be. We are getting to the point where decisions need to be made so I'm sure we'll be talking about it. Environmentally it is a difficult visit and we want it to be a pleasant one. The leading idea is to visit on our way down there for a couple of hours. We'll see. After that, we go back in February if things stay the same.

AR- dh's Christmas party is on Saturday night. Actually, it is the party put on by the lab he worked for 12 years but his new position provides support to the lab so he still gets an invitation. It is a lovely evening. The party put on by the college is during the work day and spouses aren't invited.

J is ok after his fall. He works out his intellectual over-excitabilities with very active thinking sessions in our bedroom. He hit the corner of my cedar chest which pushed his head into the wood post of our bed which knocked him into the heat register with the other side of his head. He's bruised up and his glasses were bent, but he's ok.

So far:
    • finished up PTE
    • stopped at Kohl's- to pick up an online order (I never go there)
    • grocery store- spent so much money...but two parties and regular food and holiday baking and...
    • groceries in and away
    • grocery supplies put away
    • put the wreaths back on the porch- it was so windy I took the fresh wreaths in for the last few days
    • started a load of laundry
    • folded three loads and farmed them out
    • put away the second drying rack
    • started doing Fred math with the 7th grader- he is over half way through Physics and doing a Bridge today
    • sent a group email- I hope the result of that goes well.
    • sent an email confirming today's sewing

So, he's on number 6 of like 10. Hopefully he passes on the first try!

Next up we'll continue to do math and then I'll update my planner and see what others are doing. Isaac is sick. Which is puts a damper on Algebra. I also need to take Dan his lunch. Rats. I may have missed that window. I'd better run!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Hey all

Michelle -- I DID finish my photo books and got them ordered. I did not see the BOG2 offer That must have been through another site. I wound up using shutterfly. I got 50% off and free shipping, so each book cost between $20-25 (I did 2 separate orders, and the 2nd book had more pages). I got the first one in the mail yesterday, and they look GREAT!! I'm very pleased

Angela -- yes, I'll still be teaching my other class at coop. It's my decision to do both, and it's my decision to pick up the Am. Lit. No one else has pressured me to do it, but like I said, both of my girls are in there, and it's a for-credit high school English class, so I feel like I need to step in. The good thing is that the former teacher did not start the year requiring essays or grading anything, so any of that "extra" stuff is done completely at home by parents. I've had my girls do some writing for me, but I won't be grading anything for anyone else. That helps. The other class I'm teaching was a year old class on learning how to write the 5 paragraph essay using heroes in Literature. It's for 7-9th graders. Again, MY child is in there and need it I am grading essays for this class, but they're not doing many, and the lady that left (Am. Lit) had 2 boys in the class, so the number is now down to 11. Manageable. Plus, I planned out the entire year last summer, so there's no planning involved -- it's reading, going over hero qualities, helping them outline and then grading. It's time, but it's not as bad as it could be.

I'm back from town --
    met the coop lady at the library and got the Am. Lit stuff
    ran into the Friends of the Library used book store and found a couple of books for K. for Christmas
    took cale to mandolin lessons
    ran into Publix for fried chicken for supper
    just got home for lunch
    need to finish up school with Ben
    need to work on Ben's closet
    and need to figure out what we'll have with supper.
    AND, I need to lay out what I already have for Christmas and start making a list of what else is needed -- not much, I don't think. Definitely a few things, but I need to check. Jim is DONE
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

It's SLOW in here today ..... Wonder where everyone is???? Hope all is well!

This afternoon I some thing accomplished
    * did French with the girls
    * and then headed upstairs to Ben's closet -- and FINISHED his side of the closet That's HUGE!!!!! Whew! I have clothes boxed for consignment and two separate piles for two separate friends for stuff their boys would like

Next up is to get sides going for supper.....

Paige- well done on the closet!

Update:
    • finished up math- he did pass the bridge the first time. Woot!
    • made up dh's lunch and ran it over to campus
    • vacuumed the whole house- whew!
    • picked up in the foyer- put some fall decorations all the way away
    • washed another load of laundry
    • folded more laundry
    • cleaned the kitchen- washed dishes, loaded the dishwasher and ran it, cleaned the counters
    • talked with a woman preparing to homeschool- seriously the next county over is now giving out my name to help people. For. Real.
    • followed up with an email- which took time. The phone call was a half hour and the follow up took time because I sent her example paperwork and had to make copies and remove our personal information. I saved it so that I don't have to do it again for others.
    • made dinner- which made a mess in my kitchen!
    • read a cool article about the locust infestation in the Laura Ingalls Wilder books- I'll share it. It's from LitHub.

Ok...I haven't written yet. But, I have clothes on the line that I need to bring in and my dad called while I was making dinner. I tried calling back, but it appears he may be talking with someone else because it says he's not available. That might mean a short conversation because when I'm last in a line he can't talk for long. He's tired.

Finally! I sent off the renewal information for my New York Public Library card. Whew! I also noticed that they offer an educator card and if it allows me to get more eBooks out, I will probably apply for one. They do accept homeschoolers which is quite something for NYC which is typically fairly hostile to homeschoolers.

This isn't my local library. This is THE New York Public Library in New York City. As a NY resident, I qualify for a card. Their online databases are huge. And I can borrow ten eBooks at a time.