Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Hi ladies! I slept in a bit this morning, but I'm up and at 'em now.
    So far:
    -responded to an e-mail from the next arriving intern. She isn't scheduled to come until March, but we might move it up to Feb.
    -sent a couple of other e-mails
    -went over lesson plans
    -4 grammar & composition lessons. We are all caught up now!
    -unit study

Up next:
    -finish school. We are trying to get all caught up and maybe even a little ahead. Ds said he would rather work ahead so that he doesn't have to do any work in America.
    -pick up kids from school
    -laundry. Dh is still helping with the washing. There will be plenty to fold tonight.
    -go over homework with kids
    -make dinner
    -practice piano

Heather, cool about the library card. I need to do more library e-book stuff with my Missouri card. My kids do have access to a pdf library for dyslexics, so we are able to get plenty of school books. I usually end up with the free Kindle books some are good and some are not so great, but I like free!

Paige, Your co-op options sound nice. I'm kicking around the idea of how long I will homeschool Hudson and how I will do it. There are no co-op options for me in Japan. I might look into some online options. I might even use some for middle school.

Angela, I thought about your dh while listening to the news and the questions about if there will be another government shut down.

Michelle, that is cold. Yesterday I introduced my eldest into the joys of scrapping ice off the car with a credit card. The ice scraper is missing and we haven't seen any in Japan. Guess what is getting added to my shopping list in the USA.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 17 years and Mom to Wesley 14, Adelaide 12 and Hudson 10

Heather -- COOL on the library card!! Hope you can figure out what time to see your dad

Paige -- closets and books!! Sorry I was talking about snapfish. I get emails from them all the time.

Angela -- Boo on Christmas party. What are you crocheting? I was going to make my grandmothers fruit cake cookies but didn't get to it.

• all sheets washed, mine back on bed
    • found boys flannel sheets, freshness them
    • ds2 stripped & remade both boys beds (with flannel sheets)
    • went to library - used their computer to work on photo books
    • dollar store..looking at something
    • lunch
    • library -- more photo book work
    • chicken into freezer
    • emptied trash
    • cooked supper, ate, cleaned kitchen
    • cleaned both bathrooms
    • showered

The library computers have time limits but they were SOOOOOO much faster and easier than my computer.

- - - Updated - - -

Lindsey -- kitchen spatulas work good too..
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Michelle- great idea to use the library computers. That will probably save a lot of frustration!

Lindsey- the only thing I don't like about the NYPL eBooks now is that most of them are available on a system that isn't Amazon lending so you have to download it right to that device instead of it showing up on all the Kindles. It's a pain.

Since earlier:
    • took my clothing off the line- and rehung them in my bathroom on the racks. They are cold and damp but not nearly as wet.
    • updated my planner- not finished but I started. Things are not as predictable with a cold still in the house.
    • talked with my parents- they were in good spirits tonight. Which is very good!
    • played three rounds of Scattergories with R and J- J had some good ones tonight. Totally counts as LA!
    • got the mail- got two books today. One is a Christmas present and one is for me- more essays on books and children.

Looks like I've made my step goal and then some- almost 9K steps. I'm sure I'll make that by the time I go to bed.

How's everyone's Christmas shopping going?
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Since my last post I:
    -math
    -science
    -finished unit study
    -phonics/spelling
    -long range lesson planning
    -sent another 3 e-mails
    -messaged a church member
    -picked up kids from school
    -baked about 40 cookies
    -made homemade rolls (w/dh help) and soup for dinner
    -addressed about 50 envelopes with our Christmas newsletter, dh has been working on them for most of the day. We still probably have a couple hundred left to do.
    -practiced piano

Michelle, thanks for the tip. I'll keep that one in mind!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 17 years and Mom to Wesley 14, Adelaide 12 and Hudson 10