Quote Originally Posted by Kim in IN View Post
Shelly, thanks to you I was able to connect with your dear friend Mary when she moved to the area. What a delightful connection that has been. Loved running into her and Brynn.
Kim, how sweet of you to mention our mutual friend Mary and her family! That is yet another blessing I think of when I think of these boards -- that sometimes long-distance connections can be made and can help others! I'm so glad that you could be there for them when they were first moving to your area! She spoke highly of your family and was grateful for that connection!

Living out here in the "middle of it all," I am always thrilled when I can possibly meet a FIAR mom! That happened last year when I raced 5 miles down our road to its connection to I-70 to meet Robin, who was passing through from Colorado! That was crazy, but fun! I have met a couple of other Kansas FIAR moms as well, and formed a sweet association to Gwen from TX when we realized that her mom grew up just south of us on the Kansas prairie! There is something about a FIAR connection!