Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is a special place..

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen OH View Post
    I just happened to pop in here on a whim and what do I find? All of you. It's like meeting up with old friends I haven't seen in forever.
    Hi Colleen It’s good to
    See you!!!! How’s life in your world????

Shauna, I
    Didn’t realize you and I joined at the same time. I started FIAR in ‘06 when my oldest was in K. She’s now in 11th. Time flies....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Quote Originally Posted by Paige P View Post
    Hi Colleen It’s good to
    See you!!!! How’s life in your world????
    Doing well. Oldest is 27 now. Married and has 2 babies of his own. (3yo and one born in December). Owns the diesel repair shop where the next two sons (24yo and 19yo) work.

All 3 of my girls are married. One of them (the middle dd, 23yo) and hubby have 2 adorable foster girls ages 3 and 4.

My next ones are twin 18yods, 16yods, 12yods, 11yods, 8yods, and 6yods.

My baby is 6yods. I pulled out Wee Gillis for him and my 8yods. I was digging in my cupboard for more FIAR books that haven't been read in a while. Definitely going to be doing more of those again with these last couple.

So fun to see everyone!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

My oldest is in college and I found FIAR in 2002. A friend shared about it with me. Shortly after that I found the forum. This sure is a special place. I don't post often but these boards were my daily bread and encouragement and the curriculum of FIAR will never be surpassed no matter what comes out. You ladies mentored me and made me laugh and cry. Steve, you gave wonderful advice and I printed off many words of wisdom from these boards as well as recipes.

I remember laughing about Colleen's discussions on toilet paper dust, and Ronette's gifts to her Mom? or MIL? I have a similar Mom. I remember crying when Fran died even though I had never met her. I remember Joy sitting down to her 23rd?? year of homeschooling one morning as if it was the most normal thing in the world. I remember Esther in Alabama and the story she told of her grandmother? who ran errands with a shower cap on while wearing a mayonnaise treatment on her hair underneath that shower cap. I remember gaining wisdom from Heather's blog and I still do love her blog. I laugh at Julie Y's posts so often on FB about her food journeys, family and working at Amazon. I even met her son and had Thanksgiving dinner with him. I am going to visit Paige and Joy in Alabama someday just because. I was in Aldis yesterday and saw a wire shoe rack and thought of the schooling from shoeboxes that we attempted and the many shoe racks that we have. Some trends remain and some change. I could go on with so many names and memories but I will stop. This has truly been a wonderful, magical place and I thank the Lord for allowing it to happen as it did.

Kim, such fun memories . Come on down for a visit any time.... wouldn’t that be fun?!?!?

I’ve met a few FIAR moms IRL, and what a joy it always is!!!!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Kim, please do visit sometime! All the AL moms would love to see you!

Colleen, I think about you and have wondered how you are!

Shauna, pop in more often!
    Wife to David, mom to 9, homeschooling Abby (15). Grammy to 6 granddaughters and 2 grandsons! Homeschooling since 1986, Rowing since 2000.

I would agree with OP. I came here years ago and am probably QUEEN lurker. It's the most healthy forum group ever, which is why I lurk. It is a special place.

I love this family!!
    Yes on Shari's berries! I laugh too!

Colleen I thought of you the other day. I can't even remember now what I saw that made me think of you.

Kim thank you for that walk down memory lane!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

It's nice to see so many of you on this thread! I joined before the website switchover in 2007, so maybe 2005 or so? And like Merrilee, I cannot give it up, though my rower will be a senior next year! My 'homeschool heart' was formed with FIAR and on these boards, so of course I have to check in, and like Shonda and Shay, I wish it would stay this way and even grow again! It's hard to move on when we shared so many good memories together on here!
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim in IN View Post
    I remember laughing about Colleen's discussions on toilet paper dust
    Ha, I think of this every time I see the insane amount of dust in my bathroom {dust seems to multiply rapidly where I live} but when it's specifically on the toilet roll area or the wall beside it I chuckle & think of Colleen & wonder how she is.
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.