Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Default Saturday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms- any and all or just one. This includes closets, under the beds, piles, etc.

School Challenge: Long range planning and prep

Inspiring Thought:
    Peter did not feel very brave; indeed, he felt he was going to be sick. But that made no difference to what he had to do. - C.S. Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia

For me today:
    • check math
    • do some math
    • plan English
    • put away holiday decor
    • update planner
    • tea & Dickens
    • blog work- including review work and planner school session 2
    • laundry
    • clean the kitchen

I'm going to be doing some school today with at least one kid if not more. Things have been slow going because of chronic conditions. We need to use our weekends when we can.

Also, I'll do some planning, some plain housework, and some blog work.

Dan's a little too happy to be taking down the trees. I will leave up the tall, skinny tree in the kitchen and I might try decorating it with watercolored birds. Won't that be sweet for winter?

Have a wonderful Saturday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning! It is cold here! It's -4 outside and we have windchill warnings through tomorrow. Possibility of windchill to -45. Brrr! Both wood stoves are going today. Hmm, need to plan dinner and might decide to cook on the kitchen one. We'll see. Okay, just checked the Weather Channel site and the official temp is -5, feels like -25 with windchills reaching to -45 through noon tomorrow. Frostbite in as little as 10 minutes. Guess that means no ice skating today.

Today's plan
    -chores are going
    -Nick and Ben are heading into town for some errands
    -bonus room, group effort today and hope we can get a chunk done
    -laundry, because yesterday Jonathan was in shorts. He didn't want to wear overalls and his jeans were dirty. Yes, I made him change into appropriate attire, but the Mainer in him thinks shorts and a sweatshirt is normal.
    -school planning for next month
    -leotard, need to start gluing the stones on. I might fidget with it a bit first, but Bekah likes it and she is the one who has to wear it.

That is my list. If by some miracle, more gets done, I'll add it later.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(3)

Heather -- oooh birds sound cool!

I don't know what I did yesterday. I did random stuff but nothing noticeable

Today:
    • my bedroom -- uh if I work up courage
    • vacuum
    • bathroom closet - biggest in house
    • meal plan
    • work on picutures
    • box up piles of clothes
    • move inflatables around -- I think at least 1 is dry
    • get some ideas on paper
    • make sure all events are on calendars - had an influx of events be posted last night

I am really hoping to get a burst of energy and show some improvement in the house. Maybe the house looking better would improve the way I feel.

Have a GREAT Saturday friends!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Shay -- little different temps here but yeah shorts & sweatshirt is norm here.
    Dh wears shorts year round. His boss told him he was crazy that first year.
    And YIKES on those temps!!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Good morning!

I like the bird idea, too, Heather!

Shay! That is just cold. I could not function.

Michelle, I hope you get that burst of energy. And I hope I do, too!

Paige, I would LOVE a copy of the syllabus! Thank you so much! I'm grateful for those of you with older kids!!

I don't think I got back to posting last night. We had a long game of Monopoly and then dh hooked up a VR thing. Got to bed late and had to get up early!

Today's list:
    *swim team--done!
    *laundry--going now
    *library--to pick up holds
    *gift shop
    *ironing
    *planning/work on school room--I moved some things around for our art yesterday and I need to get that back in order.
    *RAR time
    *Harry Potter event at the library
    *watch Sorry, Wrong Number on PBS??--if I can stay awake that late

I'll be busy today, but mostly with fun stuff!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good Morning!
    Another below Zero morning. I opted to NOT go out and do the early morning grocery shop at WM. We will survive until it's warmer.
    It has warmed up to 6*F though. Tomorrow starts a little warming trend. It's suppose to be 25*F! It'll feel SO warm.

So far:
    • email management/reading... listened to a short, fun podcast
    • dh loaded and ran the dishwasher... I tidied up afterwards
    • washed up two pan lids, took out some recycling to the frozen garage
    • updated my school planner/journal from Dec.... I had stuff just scribbled quickly on scrap paper
    • filled in the January calendar
    • chatting with ds10 and dh

For the rest of TODAY:
    • finish putting in the monthly calendars and box the pages for the rest of the school year
    • tutor reading... I haven't done any in the last 2 days
    • school to-do list.... math and Latin
    • tutoring lesson plan for 1 student... we start back up on Monday
    • what's for supper?... baked chicken and veggies
    • table piles and getting things back in order

It's all about getting stuff in order today. Even though I got a good start yesterday, I needed to have done much more.

Have a great day!

HeatherW-- I just remembered you asking about Agatha Christie a while back. It was her autobiography that I read. Very good.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Jen -- my brother got a VR for Christmas. It was SOOOOO funny watching dh play it. Of course brother out in some kind of clown scary carnival game in

Cindy -- don't blame you for skipping the store!

Ds1 got up a few mins ago and went to open the door. I was "it's cold..don't open door". He opened and went out..in shorts & tshirt. Little later came back in. He had heard the neighbors dog barking a weird bark. Her lead line had gotten tangled. He untangled her and played with her a few mins.

Good morning, all

Shay -- that's COLD!!! Frostbite in 10 minutes Are you animals in a barn?

Jen -- please PM me your email

Heather -- that's funny about Dan being happy to take down the trees

Cindy -- I would have waited on WM, too .....

Michelle -- Ben wants to wear shorts and a t shirt all.the.time. and go barefooted most of the time I'm trying to work on him..... and sometimes I have to be insistent!

Here:
    * well, I think I'm some better this morning. Still moving kind of in a fog. A friend told me last night that an ENT had told her (when her ds had a bad sinus infection) to take 2 or 3 Claritin or Zyrtec when your sinuses are so clogged and congested and that it would resolve it. So, I figured I'd try it. I took 2 Claritin, and I slept fairly well last night, and no runny nose this morning. I have done a sinus rinse, and I've taken mucinex and motrin (M&Ms ) -- my head was hurting pretty badly. But, at least I'm not sneezing and sniffing like crazy.
    * boys are working outside with dh
    * Katie took a practice ACT test, and you can tell she hasn't been working on it much the last several weeks (her math and science did come up a bit, but her English and reading went down -- it's been a while since she worked on that). Encouragement to work harder.....
    * M. helped me clean up the kitchen, and she worked on unloading and organizing the junk drawer
    * I've been working on laundry -- folded two loads. Washed 2 more, which means some are in the dryer. I need to wash a load of towels, too.
    * Tidied my room and vacuumed. Also vacuumed the office rug. Everything needs it, but that's what I've done thus far.

That's it for now.

I was in such a fog last night and felt so bad that I neglected to remember to put the soup away. It was too hot after supper, so I left it out and then forgot to put it up. So, the pigs feasted on veggie soup this morning. So sad. I wanted it for lunch!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning, y'all! It's cold here!

Today is the day we end the Christmas season and take down all the decorations. That will take a while. And eat the bread. Then the rest of the day will be kind of loose. I didn't gather any pallets yesterday so I'll work on that today. If I get any, I will dismantle them, or start to, anyway. DH and Kitty want to watch football. Boyo and Princess want to kick the soccer ball around in the yard and work on some skills.

Belle just texted me her daily photos. She hasn't had any bruising until now, but her ankle was twice the size of the other. Now the swelling is receding and the bruising is appearing.

I thought I'd share with you something that was said in a sibling conversation last night: "If you are willing to be thrown, you have to be willing to be dropped!"

Have a good day, friends!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Good Morning (Afternoon) Ladies,

It is cold here too - 21F, but not as cold as some of you! Still, it is too cold for me!

HW - I love the bird idea!
    We were going to put away the tree etc today, but the boxes are all in the garage attic. I'm not sure Dan is feeling up to the task.
    The planning video/class you purchased sounds cool. I'm thinking of moving back into my Bullet Journal for 2018....not sure. I need to figure it out!

Paige - yay! for feeling a bit better!

Michelle - Your boys are so sweet!

Cindy - Yes, too cold for WM!

Shay - Yikes on those temps! Godspeed on the leotard!

Jen - Harry Potter event sounds fun!

Goals for the day:
    planning - still working on my planner set-up for 2018
    school planning
    journal entry
    figure out Google Calendar and how to share a calendar with Dan
    meal plan for the week
    W2W stuff
    return overdue library books - yikes!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.