Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms- any and all or just one. This includes closets, under the beds, piles, etc.

School Challenge: Prepare for a new week of school.

Inspiring Thought: The vision of home as a place to flourish and grow fully into healthy persons has too often been lost in the busyness, distraction, and brokenness of ... our culture. - The Lifegiving Home

For me today:
    • make breakfast- the griddle is warming up now
    • church
    • work on my bullet journal- it needs new pages!
    • English plans- a MUST do today
    • algebra
    • nature journal time- time in my studio
    • update my planner
    • blog work- including a review (I worked on it last night quite a bit, but then the server for my blog went down and I couldn't access it. It's back up this morning.)

I won't bother with the wreath on the door until it warms up some. It'll be fine.

Time to get moving. We are running late this morning. I didn't set my alarm for early because we aren't teaching this morning. I'll have to readjust to listening to sermons again.

Have a fabulous day!
    Last edited by Heather W; 01-07-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

I don't think I got back to post more last night. The event was great! They put a ton of work into it and it showed. You could get sorted, make a scarf (a no-sew fleece one I've seen and thought dd would like to make, and sure enough, she wants to go get some fleece! ), have snacks, get a wand...all kinds of fun stuff! We ended up getting pizza and I stayed up watching Sorry, Wrong Number. Morning came too early.

*church
    *lunch at my mom and dad's
    *PTE
    *grocery store--for a few things after I work on PTE!
    *free swim?
    *ironing--never got to this yesterday
    *planning for the week
    *sweep
    *blog
    *RAR challenge

We are supposed to have rain much of the day so it looks pretty gloomy out there, but we really need the moisture, so I don't mind too much. It would be a perfect day to stay in, but that's not going to happen!

Have a great day today, friends!

Robin - sibling conversation

Angela - did you figure out calendar?

Lindsey - did your dc have to get back for school?

Jen - YAY for finding gift and stuff for crafts

Paige - interesting to know about Claritin or Zyrtec. I always worry if someone can't remember if they took their Zyrtec about getting to much meds if they take another.

Heather - actually I haven't done anything with inflatables except move the penguin one several times. The others aren't bothering me but penguin one is I just keep putting them on the list Don't know about clothes line. They usually have to dry out from inside...evaporate. I have been thinking of other solutions for next year.
    Praying for your MIL.
    Love the pencil tree and extra lights idea.
    Cool for R!!!!

Amy - YAY for nightstand work! And sorry about ds14. Sometimes that age is hard.

Mindy - French toast and school without knowing! Dresser & armoire! Good day! We love in an old house with very little closer space so I get the struggles.

Shonda - baby chicks. Sorry I got a cartoon image of you chasing baby chicks. Love that you do your journaling
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Yesterday was a total change of plans. I don't think I got anything on my list done.
    BUT
    We had a good family day and I worked on organizing photos last night

After I posted yesterday we ate then dh said " I want to go to the lake" (closer one). We had seen pictures of it frozen.
    It was a beautiful sunny day. COLD but pretty! So we fixed a drink and offer went.

WOW the lake was mostly frozen and WOW at the people out. It looked like 4th of July or some other big picnic day with all the people. But instead of being on the grass they were ON the lake. People at edges or walking out on lake!

Kinda made me nervous as far as some people were going out. I mean boats/duck hunters were out there and I could see open spots of water.
    My boys went out on the ice but not to far.

Lake. KIMG4712.jpg
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

One more. KIMG4727.jpg

Heather -- enjoy the sermon.
    When is E coming home?

Jen -- sounds like a great time last night!

Those pics I posted are showing up tiny when I go back and look at them but they were full size on my tablet

Today:
    • laundry
    • vacuum
    • bathrooms
    • fridge clean out...don't think anything in there but need to check
    • gather trash & big can to road
    • do something with the clothes I pulled to get rid of
    • go thru other closet???
    • meal plan
    • ideas on paper
    • order gift??
    • photo work

Boys have a friend coming over this afternoon. They are straightening their room

Have a blessed day

Michelle- I had to laugh at your sermon comment since I was trying to think of how I'd pay attention that long! However, it was a good one about the kings who visited the baby Jesus. Really good.

E comes home on Tuesday which is a big day for us. We have to be in Rochester two hours away for a neurology appt with a couple of stops before getting back to the airport on time to get him. He can wait if need be and if some reason we are way late, he could get the bus home. It would require a transfer at some point, but he could do it. We should be back on time.

The lake pictures are fun! The southern end of a Finger Lake we live on does freeze and when we first moved here people would set up shacks for ice fishing. It doesn't freeze as regularly anymore. These lakes are so deep they don't really freeze over, but the shallower portions do freeze.

Inflatables- What are they made of? I always thought they were nylon type material. If so, the water would dry when the wind blows through the material. If they are plastic so that air can't go through, how in the world do they dry at all?

Jen- Enjoy your day out and about. You all move a lot with all your activities!

Mindy- Good luck finishing the blanket! Our boys are missing their big brother because he puts out a lot of heat.

Amy- I have a new podcast up on meeting time. I didn't link you last night because my blog's server was down for a while. All is well now. Or it was when I was working on it this morning.

So far:
    • made breakfast
    • worked on my blog post for a bit- added a couple of pictures. Basically, I got back to where I had ended last night when it wouldn't save and I lost that little bit of work.
    • church
    • stopped for a van battery- they were out
    • read an essay- it was the acceptance speech that Madeleine L'Engle gave when she got the Newbury award for Wrinkle. Oh my gosh! I now have the topic for my first podcast that is not already a post. Ack. I can't wait to get it all on paper and do it as a podcast!
    • dh found a battery in town- he is not preparing to leave and pick it up
    • wash clothing with sap on them- dh is prepping his parka for the washer

Thanks for the prayers for my mil- it's been a rough go. Please continue to pray. I am really praying this is just a bump in the road for her and the family and that she will heal well. It's all so much.

I am off to get some things like my bullet journal pages done. I should do through the end of January, but that takes time. I can usually only handle a few weeks in one sitting. Then I forget about it. I guess that is not entirely sustainable. I also want to get down my ideas for the podcast. I need to do that first.

I just learned that dh has to work tonight for a long time. I thought he was just going in for a meeting. Nope. He'll be going in at 5 and not coming home until close to midnight. I think he thinks he tells me all this stuff, but he does not actually do it. I knew he'd been hiring people for a blitz of work for the next two weeks and he was going to do some training, but he didn't tell me it was tonight. Oh well. He's got a lot going on.

Have a great afternoon! I am enjoying the SUN! Two days in a row!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good afternoon!

Michelle, those pictures make me cold!! ha!

Heather, that sounds like my dh! He will sometimes call me past when I'm thinking he's going to be home and say, "Did I tell you I was working the urgent care tonight? Because I'm here working the urgent care." Enjoy your sun!

*went to church
    *stopped by Neighborhood Market for a few things so I can wait on a grocery order for a couple of days
    *lunch at my mom and dad's
    *moved laundry to the dryer--should be done soon
    *ironed a few things--lots more waiting, but he's set for tomorrow if I don't do any more

We're heading to the pool next!