Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Default Monday DECLUTTERING

This Week's Challenge: Floors! Could be any room and any style of picking up floors, washing floors, vacuuming floors, etc. Try to focus on all the floors. Make them better than they were before you started.

School Challenge: Book challenge! Get your library business in order. Challenge your kids with a new book. Read aloud. Reorganize and reshelve books.

Inspiring Thought: God designed us to learn through story, and He is the original Story Giver. - Read for the Heart

For me today:
    • pack up granola- done
    • make a lunch- done
    • pack up for the store
    • grocery store
    • school time
    • school planning
    • send kids out sledding
    • read aloud
    • blog work
    • dr appt- for me
    • plan dinner for tomorrow

It's Monday! I'm sending kids to sled while it's warm enough to enjoy the snow before it gets warmer and does some melting. I wish we could keep more even temps instead of all the swinging. The snow has been here, but it's been too cold to have fun with it.

Have a fabulous start to your new week!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

How is your mil doing, Heather?

We're home today except for 4H, but there's lots to do here!
    *laundry--regular load is drying now and I'll do towels later
    *ironing--hopefully enough for a couple of days at least...
    *hall bathroom
    *clean out fridges
    *kitchen baseboards
    *blog post
    *school
    *RAR time
    *grocery order
    *4H
    *pack school
    *pack lunches

Tomorrow will be back to our regular loooong Tuesdays, so I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good Morning!!
    It's snowing! And the temps have finally reached the low 30's. We had freezing rain early this morning, and now the snow covering it. All schools are closed, so no tutoring for me this afternoon. I'm kind of glad, because today is our first day back to school and now I can completely focus on that.

I was just outside putting some sunflower seeds in the feeder. I heard the cardinal and she was perched on a branch nearby. I filled the feeder full on Christmas day with the last of the regular seed, and it's been super freezing since then. This is the first day I've seen the birds back. I scared them away when I went out, but hopefully they'll be back. 31*F, so I didn't even bother with my coat. I slipped on the front porch though because of the ice under the snow. I wasn't expecting it to be there because it's a covered porch, so I was a bit too nonchalant with my walking. However, the temps are suppose to be in the 40's and raining for the next couple days. Rats. But a January thaw is typical for us.

So far:
    • email management/reading
    • chatting and watching the snow
    • feeding the birds

It's been a slow-moving morning.
    But now I need to get my brain in gear so we can accomplish something substantial today.

For TODAY:
    • school with ds10
    • more school organizing
    • finish adding in the monthly calendars and boxes into the school planner/journal
    • pick up floors
    • work in kitchen
    • what's for supper?
    • +whatever else I'm not thinking of right now.... I need to update my to-do list card

Jen--
    Enjoy your home day.

HeatherW-- Hopefully the weather will be OK for E's flight in.

Lindsey-- Where are you flying out of that you have to leave so early?

Have a great day!

Oh... My word of 2018 is ACTION. Yep. I gotta get moving!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Good Morning Ladies!

CH1: Good challenge. Today, I will make sure they are all picked up.The "play room" has some extra stuff out.

CH2: Dan returned my overdue books on Sat. I have a couple to pick up and I have a fine to pay!

IT: Good encouragement!

Ashlyn woke with a fever so we cancelled the portrait session at JCPenney for later this afternoon.

so far:
    Bible reading
    Women's ministry e-mail
    made breakfast
    exercised

up next:
    shower
    start laundry
    school....this will look different since Ash is sick.

I would also like to:
    send Mom B-Day card
    do some math planning for Logan
    cleaning, general stuff
    Declutter for a few minutes
    decide what meals I am bringing next week,two families with babies
    put away all the Christmas wrapping stuff
    e-mail receipts to church guy

I'm off to get things going. Have a great day!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning, all

Heather -- I interesting note about the sledding and too cold .... my kids DREAM of lots of snow, but they can't comprehend "too cold" to enjoy said snow. I've tried to tell them, but they just can't grasp it. When it snows here, they run out and play in it as long as it lasts

Jen -- busy day at home!

Lindsey -- hope you can enjoy your last couple of days in the US!

Cindy -- enjoy the day at home

Angela -- sorry A. is still sick

It's back to school here today!!! I'm more like and I had such plans of organizing and planning, but being sick all last week threw that off completely. The good news is that I'm feeling MUCH better -- woke up yesterday feeling better, BUT I'm not 100% -- still have some congestion, and then last night I had coughing fits. I think that's part of the healing because it's exactly what dh did. At least I'm on the MEND
    * trying to get back into a good routine of Bible Flashcards with everyone in the mornings and working on memory verses. We did that already this morning, so that's good
    * SCHOOL for all
    * need to sit down with all 3 big kids and show them where you are/where you need to be -- the overview of what's left for the year
    * need to run to WM at some point -- Ben needs almond milk
    * and I have to run by a PARA and sign M. up for her watercolors class that starts Wednesday. The online registration cost is messed up and is 2x the amount that the class actually costs, so I have to go sign her up in person But, she's super excited about it, and I think it's a really good thing, so we'll try it.
    * tidy house
    * supper????? Not sure what this will be. I intended it to be leftover lasagna, but last night, I went to pick up the boys from a friend's house, and Jim and the girls broke into the leftovers for supper, so now I no longer have a complete meal

Hope ya'll have a Super Monday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning! Yesterday, I had some pretty strong vertigo. Dh helped me get rid of it, but it just messed my day up. I had meant to get that costume done. Ladies, this thing is stressing me out. I don't like it. Rebekah looked at it again and said it's okay, but not great. I tried to look over some new ideas yesterday, but my brain feels so messed up. I even started looking at costumes to buy, but couldn't find anything else great. ugh. I'm normally a last minute person, so I know inspiration will hit and then it will work out, but man, I'm so stressed because Bekah starts dance again today and I know the teacher will ask about it and then that whole peer pressure thing will start working on me as the dance moms ask how it's going... If only peer pressure ended in high school.

Today's list:
    -chores are done
    -school needs to be started
    -bonus room, I told the kids I wanted to work an hour in there together
    -PT for Bekah and then drop her at dance
    -go back to dance later with Jonathan
    -Walmart run for milk
    -PO for mail
    -bring Jonathan home and do dinner
    -back out to pick Bekah up
    -bed

We packed up the Christmas stuff on Saturday. We haven't done the ornament exchange for a few years due to lack of time. My kids were talking about how much they miss it. Maybe I should schedule ornament making for this spring and then they will be ready to go and we can sign up for the exchange again.

Angela, sorry A is sick!

Paige, the disappearing leftovers happens here too. Normally, I don't mind, but sometimes, I specifically SAY not to touch and there is always someone "who didn't know/hear".

Cindy, I'm a bit jealous of your cardinal! We have three feeders. The birds only frequent one and we have chickadees and bluejays, and a woodpecker. FAT blue jays. I've never seen such healthy looking birds in January before! I get a bit ticked when they chase the chickadees away. I always want to tell the chickadees to gang up as they outnumber the jays. Anyway, we haven't seen a single cardinal this year.

Heather, I should send the kids out sledding too. We are getting rain Thursday-Saturday. Ugh. We are leaving the snow on the ice rink until after hoping it protects the ice, so no skating this week.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(17), Rebekah(15), Julianne(10), Jonathan(7)and Joshua(3)

So far:
    • quickly did just a regular pantry list on PTE
    • made lunch and packed granola
    • grabbed grocery bags
    • had trash taken to the curb- but had to wait for the guy because he'd already gone by the house. What? It was so early!
    • took dh to work
    • back home to get the bags I left in the kitchen
    • called Honda dealer- to get the code for our stereo since we replaced the battery
    • grocery store
    • groceries in and mostly away- needs work to be finished
    • checked in with email- answered a consulting client

My mil- She is set to have the fluid drained (it's a lot) and they weren't sure what was causing it, but this morning they found a bruise so it looks like she burst a blood vessel while coughing and because she's on thinners it went badly fast. Thankfully, it's nothing too awful as the cause! Hopefully, she'll be back home in another day or so. And hopefully nothing else turns up! Thank you for praying!

I'm going to get some school going with everyone. First up is math time including a new LOF book for J!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Cindy- E is coming home tomorrow and the weather looks good. Let's hope it stays that way!

I leave early Wednesday morning. Cindy, the flight leaves from the regional airport here at 6 am. You usually want to show up 3 hrs early for an international flight. It takes about 30 min to get there, so Iíll only be giving myself 2 Ĺ hours leaving at 3 am, but it a small airport so that should be alright. From there I fly to Atlanta and then have a long flight (about 14 hours I think) to Narita airport.

Getting to sleep early didnít happen. Instead I enjoyed one of the last days of my vacation and stayed up past 2 reading. I slept in a bit today, but will probably have no trouble going to bed early tonight.

Before I return to Japan I plan to:

-call Verticy to reset my password for our digital library
    -repack computer
    -return the sound board bag
    -mail computer
    -pack up Christmas dťcor for mom
    -work out
    -work on English camp
    -go to the bank to sign paperwork regarding my parentís house with my Dad. There is a law in MO that you can deed someone your property upon death and avoid a lot of taxes. So Iíve got to sign something to do with that
    -return a video game that dd bought. Itís region locked and wonít work on her DS.
    -finish packing. I may need to buy one more piece of luggage/tote. We just brought carry-ons but are bringing a lot of things back with us.
    -buy more sheets? I bought 5 sets of sheets yesterday to bring back with me. We have some big teams coming this summer and itís really difficult to find top sheets in Japan. When itís hot in the summer you donít want a big duvet. Sometimes all you need is just a top sheet.
    -embroider the church initials on the sheet sets? I want to do something to tell them apart from my sheets.

Shay and Heather, I'm envious of your snow. We had freezing rain yesterday. It was just nasty. I would much rather have had snow. Hudson was really hoping to get some to play in, but it doesn't look like he'll get it. Maybe we'll get lucky and have a nice day of snow at home in Japan. It sometimes happens.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 10

Lindsey -- safe travels

Heather -- FUN MOM AWARD...sledding before schoolwork!!

Jen -- enjoy your mostly home day

Cindy -- enjoy the snow & I bet the birds will be right back. Are you ok after slipping?

Angela -- hope Ashlyn feels better soon and no one else gets it!

Paige -- glad you are feeling better!

Shay -- glad you are feeling better today. I was at spring ornament making....only cause I have thought stuff like that sooooooo many times

So far:
    • checked to see why car alarm was going off
    • talked to dh
    • got jump box charging
    • bank - drive thru
    • breakfast
    • school started
    • phone with cable about internet -- and the unplugging, replugging etc that goes with that phone call
    • cleaned top of bookcase where internet boxes sit -- dust & older coke can leaking..not on boxes but a dried puddle up there
    • cleaned leaky cans
    • pumpkins from porch into trash - why they were still there..who knows
    • some other last minute trash to can before truck ran
    • moved 1 inflatable to living room
    • spread another inflatable out more on bathroom bar
    • moved ps4 box to steps, to go upstairs

So this morning I am 1/2 asleep and hear my car alarm goes off. And is quickly silenced. I figure dh hit something. Then a few mins later I actually opened my eyes and realized dh should be at work.

It was dh. His truck wouldn't start and he was looking for my jump box, his was dead. Finally got his truck going and he went to work.

Ok off to check washer. I put everything in it but as typing I realized I didn't actually start it

Have a great one!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds