Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Good morning!

It seems to be so very cold where most of y'all are. It looks cold here but I haven't been out, and it can look cold here and be nice and warm.

Belle is home; her flight was delayed due to ice in St. Louis, and it was almost midnight by the time we got home and got to bed. DH had to leave for the airport at 5:45 this morning. Belle's ankle is bruised. Much of the swelling on the top of the foot, the inside of the ankle, and up the leg has gone, but the Achilles area and the outside of the ankle are still pretty big. She's getting around on it pretty well, though, and is using a brace.

I'm glad to have her home.

Heather, she says the focus on the WW is very different from that of the SW. She learned a lot and is glad she went.

Today I've got to go to Costco (ugh), go to the grocery for my mom, pick up Princess' dress for the ball this weekend (we had it hemmed), and Kitty needs to run into Old Navy; she has been watching the sales for something she needs and today is the day. Oh! Also, the library.

If it's warm enough, I will come home and change to the "truck van" and go get some more pallets. I need 20 - 25 matching boards for the table - they have to be the same thickness, but the length and width don't matter.

While DH is gone, I want to avoid cooking and focus on cleaning out the pantry. It holds primarily non-food items and they need to be thinned and it all needs reorganizing.

Anyway, got to go. Have a wonderful day!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Lunchtime check in .....

* got lots of school done this morning Most kids are still working. I need to do FIAR with Ben, and he needs to read with me. French with the girls needs to get done this afternoon, also.
    * left about 11 with Ben -- ran by Para and got Mattie signed up for the Watercolors class. Then we ran by WM for some things. How does a few things we "need" wind up being $70?!?!?! And all I bought was groceries -- bread, almond milk, yogurt, salad stuff, taco shells, 2 boxes of clearance cereal (under $2) ...... ????? It just seems to add up so quickly!!!!
    * home for lunch, and here we are......

I need to work on the fire. It's above freezing here until next weekend
    BUT, it's rainy and a high of 47 (we're there) today (that's fire weather, here).
    2 days this week it's supposed to hit mid-60s (and rain) and then drop drastically again.

More school ahead.
    Folding clothes (two loads are waiting)
    Tacos for supper.

I MUST read Huck Finn!!!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good afternoon!

Shay, I have totally told my kids we're going to do our ornaments at the end of the school year. Multiple times. Maybe this will be the year.

Cindy, I hope you're feeling okay after your fall!

Good news on your mil, Heather!

everyone I missed!

I'm doing a pretty good job of staying on track this morning
    *finished regular laundry
    *did a load of towels--and folded and put away
    *cleaned hall bathroom
    *cleaned guest bathroom
    *cleaned out fridges
    *tidied the laundry room--lots of sweeping to do all.the.time. in there
    *got a good amount of school under way
    *made lunch

This afternoon we need to do our RAR time because I want to have all of that finished before we leave. I've done all of my part with ds for school other than hear his science narration and with dd all I have left is All About Reading. It's amazing how smoothly things go when I'm prepared. You'd think I'd have learned that lesson by now.

I'm going to work a bit on the grocery order and then get back to school!

Good afternoon!

Well, I missed my appt this afternoon. I just had it in my head as the wrong time and it was an hour earlier. I got a call at 2:30 saying I'd missed it. Sigh. She was like, you confirmed twice. yes, I did. I just did not look at my phone calendar today and remembered it entirely wrong. I can't get in until February 23rd and it will mean two appts because the dr won't be there that day. This is for a check up on my kidney stones.

I hate it when I do stuff like that. Sigh.

Other than blowing off a dr's appt:
    • did math with J- he started LOF Biology today and he is delighted he now gets to use a calculator!
    • had more groceries put away
    • vacuumed the school room floor
    • washed up a few dishes
    • cooked up some chicken
    • finished up my bujo for the rest of this month
    • started reading another chapter of Wrinkle- enjoyable!
    • started drinking water- for my u/s
    • held a meeting with the boys- about school and chores
    • signed on to be on the launch team for another blogger- mixed media classes will now be available for subscription
    • mopped the kitchen floor- in sections (the road salt is so bad when it comes in the door)
    • mopped the powder room floor
    • updated my planner- still need to do English planning

I need to set up a better way to hear some narration from J. I will think on that.

Ok...I need to get moving with something else. I'm sleepy though.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather, I have done that before with appts too. Grrr!

Paige, love the different perspective on "fire weather"! Heehee!

Lindsey, I wish I could send Hudson some snow! We have more than enough to share.

I'm glad others can commiserate about doing ornaments in the spring time! Maybe it's not such a crazy idea.

-worked in bonus room an hour
    -laundry loads switched
    -Bekah to PT
    -then to dance, where teacher asked about costume but didn't have a heart attack when I told her I was stressing and not done
    -PO
    -bank

Next up:
    -start dinner(potato soup for this snowy day, yes, it's snowing and we're supposed to get 1-3 inches)
    -Jonathan to dance
    -Walmart for a few grocery items
    -pick up Jon and head home
    -dinner
    -back out to pick up Bekah
    -home for the night! Woohoo!
    -sleep, hopefully good quality sleep!

Keep warm!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

We hit 45F today! The ice is thawing which is great, because now I will feel okay driving our road.

I refilled my wild bird feeder today too, recently we have seen: cardinal, chickadee, sparrow (not sure what kind), junco, tufted titmouse, downy woodpecker, and yellow-breasted sapsucker!

Ashlyn still isn't feeling well, her motrin should have worn off around 1pm and we are holding without it. I'll give it to her when she starts feeling bad again.

so far:
    laundry - two loads, but need to fold and put away
    chicken cares - moving them from the garage pin to their outdoor coop. They were happy to be out and happy the snow is melting. I'll leave the garage pen set up for now.
    lunch
    made lemon pudding cups in the IP - they separated which is a bummer. They are cooling and we will try them after dinner
    made applesauce in the IP - we had some withered apples that need to get used up
    school with Logan
    Hannah also did her seat work and we went over it
    spent 15 minutes in the mud room.

Kids are watching an episode of "Liberty Kids"

up next:
    put away Christmas wrapping
    dinner

I may run errands tonight since. I was planning on doing it tomorrow, but tonight will be better since I can leave Ash at home.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

*finished up school and read aloud time
    *wiped down kitchen baseboards
    *placed grocery order
    *got bills ready to mail
    *gathered some things to mail
    *blog post
    *put chicken in the oven

I'll get the ironing done now so all that's left for this evening will be lunches!

Heather -- sorry about the dr appointment

Shay -- I figured some of you would appreciate MY definition of "fire weather"

Jen -- good job!

Here:
    * did FIAR -- we started Another Celebrated Dancing Bear. Katie loves Russian history and has been telling Ben all kinds of stuff, so when the story opened with "In the time of the czar" (or something like that) -- he was HOOKED Good stuff!
    * did French and dealt with one teen attitude M. is being challenged with all the memorization and got aggravated that I'M expecting too much She's not putting forth effort. She didn't even know that "etre" was "to be" and "avoir" was "to have." Hopefully my "lecture" was persuasive. HA! She's known, though, for getting frustrated and having to put forth effort and then excelling once effort is made. She was ready to quit piano because it was "too hard" (said with a whiny, cry-y voice). Lecture on effort, etc., etc. Two years later, and she's far exceeded her own dreams of what she can play. She always resists a challenge. Frustrating for all. Rant over.
    * pulled meat out for tacos
    * going to work on coop money/books for a bit
    * then going to fix supper
    * while I cook, kids will tidy up/vacuum

I have a feeling we'll be watching tv tonight around 7 CT Roll Tide.....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Robin -- you are awesome with your projects!

Angela -- we use to live Liberty Kids

• 3 inflatables in tote, Santa still hanging
    • laundry
    • folded all socks
    • dug around in freezer
    • poked around in fridges

I don't know what else I have done today. But more than that I know.

Supper ended up being cereal. I was going to cook something but everyone said cereal was good. I had milk needed to be used too so that was even better.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle- Well done on your inflatable progress! Dan bought the perfect box- a wardrobe box and the tree fits nicely in it with room to spare. He might not be jazzed about that tree, but he's taking good care of it for me.

Update:
    • found a documentary- set in the Revolutionary period for I15 to watch. It's an HBO special on John Adams that is on Amazon Prime right now. It's rated T14 so I figured it would be fine. I watched it with him. We're enjoying it.
    • put dinner in the oven- I prepped a roast chicken.
    • picked up dh
    • got the rest of dinner ready- mashed potatoes and gravy
    • watched a Deep Space Nine- with the family
    • cut two heads of hair- nice trim looking guys now

Now I need to clean up the mess on that floor which needed to be cleaned anyway. I was waiting for this moment. After that I will make sure the kitchen is set with food away, etc. and do some reading or blogging.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).