Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Floors! Could be any room and any style of picking up floors, washing floors, vacuuming floors, etc. Try to focus on all the floors. Make them better than they were before you started.

School Challenge: Book challenge! Get your library business in order. Challenge your kids with a new book. Read aloud. Reorganize and reshelve books

Inspiring Thought:

For me today:
    • make breakfast
    • hit the road for dr's appt- two hours a way
    • appt
    • lunch after- at Chili's
    • mall up there- to make a return and go to the LEGO store
    • home/airport- to pick up E! His flight lands at 5:45.
    • blog work
    • book club- yeah...but it was the only night to start. I should probably refresh my memory on the book The Lifegiving Home while traveling today.

That's about it for us today. You know...that's all. I have no idea what is happening with dinner. I forgot about book club when I didn't get the pork roast going last night.

Please pray the appt goes well and they know how to adjust J's meds based on what's happening. We really need to get these migraines under control! Also, pray for my mil for her procedure today. Oh and while you're praying, my dad's internet is soooooo slow again. They could really use more speed to see us more. My picture goes out on the FB video connection because of his internet speed. Thanks!

Have a wonderful day ladies!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather, I'm praying for your travel and appointments and that all the details are under control!

Mindy, don't stress on your house too much! I know that when I go to someone's house I always appreciate seeing messes so I know they're real and I'm not the only one. Doesn't always stop me from crazy cleaning before company, but...

Today is our long day out. I think we're as prepared as we can be, so hopefully it will go well!
    *laundry--drying now
    *pack lunches--didn't get to that last night
    *IEW
    *PE
    *grocery pick up
    *put meatballs and sauce in the crockpot
    *make sure we have supplies for tomorrow's art project
    *swimming lessons
    *RAR time
    *trash and recycling out

Since the kids moved up a level in swimming they had to find a new lesson time, so now they will go at 6:00 instead of 5:00. I'm hoping it will be a little less crowded then and hopefully it won't cut into the evening too much.

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning, all

Heather -- LOTS going on! Praying all goes well, especially with the dr's appointment and with your dad's internet!

Jen -- A BUSY day!!!

Mindy -- Don't worry about your house. Tidy, and then just relax. People like to be invited and have a place to go. They're not inspecting for a Country Living home

Here:
    * I'm TIRED this morning. A Late, LATE night watching football But, oh what a game!!!
    * we're HOME today
    * School is a priority -- lots to do
    * I read 1/3 of Huck Finn last night (especially during the 1st half of the football game -- too intense the 2nd half!) I need to keep reading.
    * replace the drum on my printer -- I had to order another one, and it came. Hopefully it'll solve my printing problems.
    * Fold laundry and wash some more. Never got that done yesterday.
    * Work on coop stuff for Friday.

Lots of desk work to do today.
    I think we're going to have leftovers for supper -- or maybe I'll cook tonight and have leftovers tomorrow????? That might be the better option since we have church tomorrow night.

Ya'll have a good day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good Morning Ladies,

HW - Praying for your needs today.

Mindy - Your house does not have to be perfect. I know it is hard - I struggle with stress before company too! Do you best and prioritize your time and try to enjoy the company!

Jen - I hope your long day out goes well!

CH1: I will be working on the kitchen today.

CH2: I need to get a new read aloud started.

Ashlyn is still sick; she slept through the night which was a blessing but has a sore throat this am.

I made the grocery run last night and bought the snacks for the monthly women's meeting tonight as well as a few grocery items for us.

so far today:
    Bible reading
    made lemon, chia, yogurt bowls for breakfast
    exercise
    changed dinner plans for tonight and took a casserole out of the freezer to thaw - it is my last one in the freezer.

up next:
    shower/ dress
    school
    work on kitchen
    make Ranch dressing for tonight
    reading/ school planning
    send Mom a birthday card

this evening:
    early dinner/ snack for myself
    leave dinner for family
    go to church early to set
    stay late to clean up

- - - Updated - - -

Paige - enjoy your home day!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good Morning!
    It's grey and overcast today. The forecast shows some sunshine, but they lie. I was looking forward to that sun before the next rest of the week which shows ALL clouds and rain.
    On the upside, it's 30*F.

I don't have any motivation yet this morning, but I need to find some. So far I've done the email management/reading and just got lost in the "I wish I could do this and that and that other thing right now" mentality. Sigh.
    I've snapped back into reality, mostly.

Mindy-- I understand about the house. It's so hard to keep up with it all; know that you are not alone.

HeatherW-- I hope the appointment goes well for J.

Jen-- What art project are you doing?

For TODAY:
    • school with ds10
    • school planner/journal work
    • what's for supper?
    • take care of the overnight broth that smells so yummy
    • school organizing... focus on math today
    • tutor reading and organizing of some stuff
    • focus on floors
    • declutter the calendar station and set up the January calendar in there... I'm on top of the school calendar, but not the household calendar

OK. I better get busy, and hopefully Motivation comes along for the ride.
    Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Good morning! Running late, as per the norm here lately...

Heather, praying your day is much more relaxing and orderly than it sounds!

Angela, thankful A was able to sleep through the night! Praying she is on the mend!

Jen, hoping your day goes well too!

Paige, a home day. happy sigh...

Cindy, motivation has been a tough one for me too! I was awake at 8, but here it is almost 10 and I've only eaten breakfast.

Well, I'm feeling better today than I have in a few, so that's good. Now, let's hope I can turn it into productivity!

Today's list:
    -chores are being done
    -1 hour in the bonus room, again. Technically, this is our school room and we haven't been able to do school in it for way too long.
    -school, we're having trouble getting back into school mode
    -transcript. Nicholas NEEDS this ASAP for college apps. Yes, I did college apps with Ben in January and said next time, I would do them in the fall. Well, it's next time and we're back in January trying to get them done and turned in. sigh...
    -dance, Bekah has dance today, but I asked Nick if he would do the driving at least one way. He's agreeable, so he will bring her and I will pick up later.
    -dinner, I asked Benjamin to take care of this today. He's agreeable too.
    -bed, another early night if I can manage it!

Better get going. Timer for chores is about to ding and I need to check on them and then get going in that bonus room!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Cindy, I think we're going to do this one. We're revisiting the artists we've covered before one more time since dd was little when we started that.

*lunches and school are all packed
    *breakfast is done and the dishwasher is going
    *laundry is done
    *dd has done her read aloud time
    *checked the art project--we don't need to get anything else

I got an email that my holds are in at the library so we'll stop by there after PE.

Have a good morning!

Mindy -- totally understand how you feel. Try not to stress. Most people won't even notice. I sure wouldn't!

Heather -- praying

Jen -- busy day but sounds like you are super organized! Way to go

Paige -- sounds like a good plan supper plan

Angela -- hope Ashlyn feels better soon. I need to do some freezer cooking too. I also need to go to the grocery

Cindy -- I have lost my motivation too. Maybe they are hanging out together

Shay -- hey I know that...next time I am going to do ____ early...and then not
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Woke with my head at really weird angle. Pillows all weird and both pillows and head pushed against headboard. Headache & neckache this morning. Also was having weird dreams all night.

Today:
    • find food...we are hungry
    • vacuum
    • hs group clean up day??? depends on head
    • measure some furniture and some spots in house
    • work on some ideas of stuff will fit
    • photo work
    • get Santa in tote
    • totes upstairs
    • water coolers down - someone needs to borrow them
    • clean water coolers
    • store??

I am suppose to go help clean this building with the hs group.

I need to go to the grocery. Ds2 said we don't have anything that matches. And he is right We have food, just not stuff that goes together.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

It's my last full day in the USA! I had some sourdough toast while I have the chance to eat it. Today I mainly plan to put away Mom's Christmas decor and clean her house. Dh thought of one more thing he wants from Walmart, I'll do a load of laundry and then finish the packing. My sis-in-law will drop by with the girls to say goodbye. We'll probably play one last game too.

Cindy, we are gray and over cast too.
    Heather, I like the school challenge. Hudson told me yesterday that he wants to read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. He read the first one, but want to re-read it and then read the rest. I said I might read them with him.
    Angela, Does she have strep? Usually puking, fever and sore throat at our house is strep. I hope your dd gets better and no one else gets the bug!
    Michelle, bad pillows are a bummer. I hope you sleep better tonight!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11