Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Good News: Ashlyn seems to be feeling much better - hooray!

Bad News: I think one of my chickens is dying. I don't know what to do. We have hand fed it today and it ate and drank some, but it is not doing well. It feels very light, like it hasn't been eating well.
    No obvious signs of distress to my eye.

Lindsey - Enjoy you last day!
    I looked at Ashlyn's tonsils and didn't see anything, but I will keep that in mind if she doesn't improve. We have never had strep!

Michelle - I hope your neck-ache/ headache is improved.

Jen - Looks like a nice art project.

Shay - I hope your day is going well!

Cindy - How is the studying going?

worth noting:
    I made the Ranch dressing, and set everything aside that I need to bring tonight. Plus I made a list for stuff in the fridge so I don't forget!
    decluttered the "plastic grocery sack" cabinet in the kitchen (I usually bring re-usable bags, but this still fills up!)
    spent 15 minutes wiping down kitchen cabinets with furniture oil
    lunch
    read aloud to kids
    got girls started on their latch-hook projects....why didn't the relative buy Logan one too?
    nursed chicken...I don't have much hope for it.

up next:
    more cleaning
    maybe some reading
    get ready for tonight
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Back home for the moment! I realize now that I forgot to ask for E's safe travel home! He's in flight to home at this point. His flight out of KY was delayed, but thankfully he made his connecting flight just fine. All around I think the travel portion was a good experience for him. Hopefully no incidents on his current flight.

The appt
    - went well. I really like that place. It's a neurologist associated with the big hospital there and we see a nurse practitioner in the headache center. They just moved to a brand new building that is lovely and the waiting room is AMAZING! They have a teen area. They have a kid's club house that you can leave siblings in if you want and they have a family library and a sensory room. Just really nice and really huge. We are tweaking his meds again and keeping a log and possibly doing some food eliminations in a bit to test for triggers.

Lunch- We went to chili's and it's fun to see J enjoy the lunch soup so much. In July we took just him and it was a fabulous time with him. Today we took I as well and I laughed about how this was our future to Dan. Isaac enjoy the elbow room.

The mall- the sleep number store and the lego store are right next to each other. So, Dan tested out and exchanged his pillow that he bought in October and the boys and I went to the LEGO store where money was spent and big sets were bought....by one kid.

Now we are back home and enjoying a little quiet. R put a coke in the frig for me and she made scones! I love that girl. She was so looking forward to the solitude, but said she missed us after a while.

Dh is doing work from home to catch up from the day he missed.

The next phase- involved picking E up from the airport. Dan is trying to convince us all to go with a sign that reads something super embarrassing!

Then I have book club tonight. I have not looked over the book. I'm really trying not to monopolize the conversation just encourage others to talk. So, we'll see what happens. Two people I thought were coming are not. Which means I think we'll have 3 moms tonight.

I'd better see what's next!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Hello Ladies-

Heather- glad E had a good trip. Enjoy the welcome home!

Michelle- funny about the food that doesnt match . Hope you sleep better tonight!

We have had a busy start to the week. Dhs aunt died in the night Sunday, so we are heading to South Dakota for the funeral this weekend. My nephew was in the hospital but thanks be to God is home now. We are trying to prepare for the weekend and do school. Id hoped to tackle my nightstand area this week- not sure that will happen.

I need to run now- ds is done with therapy. Hello to all!

Heather- listened to your latest podcast on my walk- loved it and good to hear your voice.
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Good afternoon!

Heather, I'm glad the appointment went well!

Angela, I'm glad Ashlyn is feeling better. Sorry about your chicken!

Lindsey, I hope your last day here is going well!

Amy, I'm sorry to hear about your dh's aunt!

everyone! I'm beat!
    *went to IEW
    *did school with dd and listened in on ds's class
    *PE
    *library
    *stopped at Andy's for a treat for everyone for good attitudes on our first day back--me included
    *grocery pick up
    *put away groceries
    *unloaded and reloaded dishwasher
    *put meatballs in the crock pot

I started getting a headache this morning and it's just gotten worse as the day has gone on. I'm hoping to take a hot bath tonight and relax. We'll see if that actually happens...

Next up will be the swimming run and then home for supper. Ds needs to read to me and I need to prep school and the art stuff for tomorrow. And the trash and recycling. I think that's it...

Amy -- I am sorry.

Heather -- I like Dan's idea .yes: Glad I could enjoy lunch!

Angela -- YAY for Ashlyn! Sorry about your chicken. I have to make those lists too....and out them with my keys

So far:
    • fixed us good
    • looked at couple recipes..ideas for supper
    • Santa in tote
    • tote upstairs
    • cleaned tub the inflatables were in
    • swept bathroom
    • cleaned the small drying rack
    • went to clean up day -- place looks MUCH better now
    • started to grocery, turned around and came home
    • decided on supper & put it together
    • cleaned kitchen
    • text with friend that had surgery today
    • ds1 took inflatable tote upstairs & bright down water coolers

I was heading to the store. It was starting to rain more, it was later than I wanted to go and my head was pounding. I decided to wait.

Came home and checked a recipe I had glanced at earlier. With some minor changes I had the stuff to make it....and use some stuff that needed to be used

Now I need to go put food in the oven.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle, the sign read, "Welcome home from your support group for Star Wars fans who hate The Last Jedi"

I'll try to upload a picture soon. It was great!

Ladies, dh is leaving to go see his mom tomorrow. Please pray for her and for his safe travel. He's busy at the moment so I don't have an update other than that. He texted me during the book club to ask us to pray.

It was great to see Ethan! I can't wait to hear more from him. I had to run back out to do homeschool book club. It was a good night talking about a lot of things. Not much about the book since I didn't assign the reading (oops) and not everyone has the book yet.

It's been a really long day. Wow!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Praying, Heather!

Heather -- praying Love the sign
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Coming back to report I worked a little around my nightstand area and now I feel better. I still have more to do, but it is better. Dh may even notice! I also dusted the computer desk in our office. Feeling a little weary about stuff. We have a hotel room for the funeral, so that's good.

Heather- sending prayers for dh's travel and for your mother in law! Get yourself to bed early!

Jen- I hope you get that hot bath and that your headache is gone!

Angela-I am sorry to hear about your chicken . Glad Ashlyn is feeling better and I hope she has a good night!

Paige- I hope you had a good day!

Cindy- I hope you found your motivation- it's so hard when I lose mine- know how you feel. We wonder if the weathermen lie, too .

Shay- Hope all went well with the transcript! Glad you feel better!

Mindy- hope all went well today! A lot of folks don't host, you are welcoming and that is wonderful!!

Better go. Hope you all have a good night!
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

I didn't get the hot bath, but I took some nyquil and went to bed early. It was lovely. I did get my whole list done and I even cleaned the kids' bathroom (which is usually done on Wednesday) while dd was showering.