Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Floors! Could be any room and any style of picking up floors, washing floors, vacuuming floors, etc. Try to focus on all the floors. Make them better than they were before you started.

School Challenge: School flat surfaces and how about prepping some art supplies for a project?

Inspiring Thought: Surrender your idea of what the ideal homeschool day is supposed to look like and take on, with both hands, the day that it is. Rest begins with acceptance, with surrender. Can we accept what He is sending today? - Teaching from Rest

For me today:
    • call and switch a med from one pharmacy to another
    • pick up the rental car
    • make sure dh is sent off- with everything he needs
    • morning meeting- with a Christmas Carol to finish. Or declare it done until next year.
    • school time
    • school planning
    • blog work
    • make sure recycling gets to the curb
    • pick up med
    • nature journal

Dh is heading down to help out with his mom. It isn't dire, I guess (though not good), but his sister is a single parent and she is tired from being with her mom and making sure her kids are cared for with the help of friends. He is going down to get things set with where they live should she be discharged. We'll be picking up the rental car in a few minutes.

Please pray this is just a bump in the road for her and that she will recover fully not too long from now.

On the home front, I need to get a med switched to our regular pharmacy since it's complicated to get it on campus without Dan there and it's not written in a 90 day format anyway (the campus pharmacy does 90 day scripts so that's easier than mailing out for it). J's last dose is tonight.

Other than that, we will do school and more appts this week, etc. I will take R to choir tomorrow with dh away. He'll be gone until Sunday late.

Have a wonderful day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning

Heather -- praying for Dan's safe travel and for his mom I know his sister is thankful to have some relief coming!

Amy -- sorry to hear about the death in your family. Praying ya'll have safe travels to SD!

Jen -- hope you feel better today with no headache!

Everyone else I read on and off all day yesterday but never got back to write -- it was a full day of working on school. Got lots done!

Meanwhile, today is a BUSY day of running around ....
    * SCHOOL while various ones are home and present
    * Katie (and probably Ben) should be here all day. K. has lots of schoolwork to do (she worked yesterday and tomorrow)
    * Mattie starts her watercolor classes this morning She's so excited. I'll take her to Publix to meet our friend from church, and they'll go on together (it's WAY "up" on the north side of town -- probably 45 minutes from me, so I'll take her halfway and meet our friend who drives by Publix) -- win/win
    * I'll come back home for an hour and
    * then will take Cale to mandolin
    * Ben may or may not come with me
    * both boys want hair cuts, so maybe after lessons, we'll go get haircuts, and I'll have our friend drop M. off there (probably about 12:30)
    * Home for the afternoon
    * girls have piano from 3-5 -- K. will drive them
    * church at 6
    * supper is leftovers -- a true smorgashboard -- lots of various things that need eating

Whew! Lots of running!

Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning!

Heather, praying for Dan and his mom. I'm sure his sister will appreciate the help!

Paige, that is a busy day!!

My head still hurts some, but not nearly as bad as it did yesterday. I'm guessing it is related to our crazy weather. We should hit 60 today and then will be getting a snow/sleet mix tomorrow. But we get to be home most of the day, so that will be good!

I had a confusing night...the kids decided to have a sleepover and I woke up alone in dd's bed when my alarm went off. Ds decided to sleep on the floor next to the bed but I couldn't find dd! Apparently she sleepwalked down and got into bed with dh--she would have had to climb over me to do that!

*laundry--regular load done, but will do towels and sheets later
    *make cookies
    *ironing
    *school--it's actually ready to go! Working on making preparedness a habit!
    *artist study/tea time--we need to do one step this morning so it will be ready for the afternoon
    *dinner in the crockpot
    *RAR time
    *kids' sheets
    *dd to gymnastics
    *ds to haircut
    *church loop

Lots to do, but I think we're set for it!

Good Morning Ladies,

Amy _ Praying for you as you travel and go to the funeral.

HW - Glad to hear E made it home safely, that sign was great! Praying for your MIL and Dan as he travels and gets things set up for her.

Jen - Saying a prayer for your headache, I'm glad you got some good rest last night.

The women's meeting last night went well. We had another small group, but great discussion. I was in charge of buying the refreshments and setting up again. I purchased some "healthier" things along with the regular sweets considering it was the end of the year and ladies were likely to be avoiding sugar - it was a smart move.

I got home late and then needed to decompress a bit so I read a couple chapters of my book club book, "All the Light We Cannot See"

I slept in this morning.

so far:
    Slept in
    Bible reading
    made breakfast for everyone
    texted with a new mom to set up a meal train
    the chicken died in the night. I am the worst chicken-mama ever! I'm down to 1.
    "made" my pre-adolescent go take a shower which apparently is an insult. It got worse when I told her she needed to use shampoo..... We have our portrait appointment this afternoon

up next:
    exercise
    shower for myself
    minimum schooling: table time with everyone, math with the girls, reading with L - why is it so hard to get going after break?!?
    cleaning
    set up meal train
    have everyone looking presentable for portraits, I hope without too much drama!!
    I made need to adjust dinner plans with the timing of the appointment
    mail my mom's b-day card
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Jen -- busy day! and about musical beds. I laugh every time I read about that with ya'll

Angela -- I've heard that book is great. It's on my to-read list. Please let me know how you like it!
    and about the showering. Yes, we've been there, and, yes, I've actually been asked, "Do I have to use soap?" YES!!! "What about shampoo?!" YES!!!!
    And on the chicken. Chickens just aren't hearty. Some of them tend to be better than others (our bard rocks seem to be the most hearty), and then some just die. Some of ours have looked sick and frail and feather-less and just SICK, and then they die, and some just up and die. And, yesterday, a couple escaped the coop (a small hole), and Scrat killed one (but it was an old one). It's always sad.

About to head out to take M. to art
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Amy -- YAY for getting some done in nightstands

Heather -- praying for all of y'all

Paige -- whew busy day! Hope it goes smoothly

Jen -- YAY for getting list done & more! Hope rest of your headache goes away quickly. on musical beds

Angela -- shower/shampoo. Wait til Logan gets that age

I stayed up WAY WAY to late last night reading. I had the headache all day then when it lifted last night I wasn't tired. Not energetic just awake. So I thought I would read a while. Read a LONG while. Then slept late this morning. But I feel good so I am OK with that!

I thought we were suppose to have sunshine and 60 today. It is 53 right now but cloudy and misty rain.
    Tomorrow is supposed to be 63 & storms.
    Friday sleet/snow and 28

Today:
    • stores - grocery & wm for bday present
    • wash coolers - ds1 for them down yesterday
    • deal with bbq - out pork butt in crockpot before bed last night
    • photo work
    • grades
    • sheets

Have a GREAT day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning!

I still need to catch up on yesterday's thread...but I really busted a move yesterday and got our schoolroom (an ongoing disaster area) looking awesome!!! We will have the 4H Egg to Chick group here in an hour and we will keep the incubator in there (usually I close the door when company comes, it's that kind of space ). We'll have lunch with our friends as well and I'll reconnect with these homeschool moms. It's been so tough making friends... One of the ladies is my longtime friend. With the others, I'm hopeful, and I've been trying to provide opportunities. It's so hard.

After the eggs, we need to go to the library (overdue book), take a trunk full of donations - YAY!! - and take my sewing machine in for repair. Then it's back to tutoring. I really worked hard yesterday getting all the Christmas decorations put away, and the house ready, and I'm just really feeling good about that.

I will be back for comments, as for now I need to bathe some kids, or at least comb their heads

- - - Updated - - -

ps. I need to think of something easy for dinner.... and I have a full afternoon & can't really be around to make anything, so it may be Rosa's. Kids love it, and it's pretty cheap.
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd12, d10.5, ds8.5, dd6.5, dd4.5

Good morning! Another slow morning. Joshua would NOT nap yesterday, so I finally let him up. Then he was sitting with Ben and fell asleep on him at 4pm. He slept until 7pm. ARGH! He was up until 12:30AM this morning. I kept him in bed with me, but he would not fall asleep, so I watched Notting Hill until 1AM and then read for a few minutes to just relax. I was dragging this morning!

But we are going and getting stuff done!

Today's list:
    -chores are done
    -bonus room, worked just over an hour and it is DONE!!! I told the kids to get school books out and my teens started being dramatic. "We JUST cleaned it! Can't it stay clean for an HOUR!?" No! It's going to stay clean for days, because we are going to clean it every day! Foreign concept...
    -school is started
    -need to finish the transcript, just need to go GPA for last year and enter this year's courses
    -Nic just remembered he needs 2 letters of recommendation. He's writing those requests now. He has offers, but it's a bit late to be asking since he needs them next week.
    -Bekah and Julie both have dance tonight
    -I'm told I need to run by Walmart. Grrr!
    -laundry, I have lots of clean loads that need folding, and probably some fluffing first

Okay, my brain is rattled. Those letters just threw me. I know it's on him. We discussed this back in November and he was supposed to request them then, but still. As the mom, now I'm stressed.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Will come back to catch up but first- please tell me you all still have your Christmas tree up! 😂😂😂

Good afternoon!
    • cleaned the master bathroom floor- last night and want credit
    • helped dh get packed last night- did laundry and pulled clothing
    • vacuumed the upstairs hall and room doorways
    • vacuumed laundry closet
    • vacuumed master bedroom twice- after Dan came to tell me while I was doing the hallway of a cobweb that needed doing in our room
    • emptied trash from around the house- this morning. The trash was smelly.
    • went over to the get the rental car- and came back
    • helped dh pack the rest of this things- and got his travel M&Ms (uneaten from our canceled holiday travel) all set
    • woke all the kids- and we sent dh off
    • scrubbed the kitchen trash can
    • had E start his laundry
    • cleared the drying rack
    • moved laundry- hung things on the rack and started the dryer
    • started a new load of laundry
    • talked with E- for a long time
    • sent group related emails
    • called and had the med transferred- will pick that up later today
    • got the 10th grader started on school
    • took narration from the 10th grader- on a book he read for history
    • sent two kids sledding- the snow will melt in the next few days and they aren't back yet so I assume they found some good snow to sled on. Hooray!

And, it's early afternoon already! I can watch where Dan is by checking his location through Google. We have it set up so we can share location with each other. He's about halfway there. Which makes sense since he left almost three hours ago. What's nice is that they don't live as far as they used to anymore after moving to the retirement community.

I'm going to work on doing school with the 15yo while others are out doing PE. They won't be out there too long because the senior has another paper due today. It's fast and furious in a 5 week class. Doing this session was a trade off for her, but I'll be glad when it's over and she can focus on some other things. This class was billed as online media and it's really online journalism. Not even half as interesting or useful. Such a shame.

I'll check back in and see how you all are doing in a bit! It's time to get some Algebra done before we watched the John Adams documentary on Amazon Prime.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).